TV: (HBO) Westworld Season 2

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Don’t know if anyone has been watching Humans, but it looks like the next season of Westworld will go where Humans has been- robots with free will (if such a thing exists) in the real world. Except people won’t know about these. Yet.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Forge might be a contributing source to Ford’s overall world view in the end.

A lot of it’s conclusions about humanity and its lack of free will sounded like things he has been saying all along.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Did anyone else get the impression that Stubbs is a host? He said that Ford, himself, hired him, which is curious because Ford wasn't his boss and it's hard to imagine a Delos increasingly being taken over by Theresa, Strand and Hale types allowing him to make such a critical hire. He also said that it was too long ago for him to remember, which is odd because he's not that old. Finally, he said that he was "responsible for every host <pause> inside the park," with definite emphasis on "inside," just after Hale/Dolores indicated that she was leaving the park.

If you think about it, it would make sense for Ford to put someone in control of security whom he controls and who could allow the other hosts to escape the park when the moment was right. If he was planning the hosts' escape and where they would stay in the real world decades in advance, he could've also planted the ineffective gatekeeper. After all, we've already bought that Delos can employ an ageless Bernard for 30 years without anyone figuring out where he came from, so it's not much more of a stretch to imagine that an ageless Stubbs could've been working as head of security for similarly as long.

Last edited:

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Wasn't Haleores scanned on the back of her neck right before the interaction with Stubbs? It should have indicated that she's a host, what's up with that? Unless The one scanning her is, conveniently, also a host.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Wasn't Haleores scanned on the back of her neck right before the interaction with Stubbs? It should have indicated that she's a host, what's up with that? Unless The one scanning her is, conveniently, also a host.

Scanners pick up the bomb in the hosts neck. The Hale host was recently made by Bernard without one.

There isn’t really another way to know without cutting them open

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If can assume they aren't lying/twisting the truth

Believe we can assume they are being honest. There is little reason to lie there, and they were coy about things they didn’t want you to know yet.

They don’t want you to know who is testing this William copy or why. Just that it is happening in the far future, and they do intend to reach that point eventually in the story.

They also said season 3 won’t touch on that part of the timeline much, if at all. Season 3 will be set soon after 2, and mostly take place in the human world.

They also call the host heaven “Sublime”. Only Dolores knows where it is, and it didn’t sound like we would see it again.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Believe we can assume they are being honest. There is little reason to lie there, and they were coy about things they didn’t want you to know yet.

They don’t want you to know who is testing this William copy or why. Just that it is happening in the far future, and they do intend to reach that point eventually in the story.

They also said season 3 won’t touch on that part of the timeline much, if at all. Season 3 will be set soon after 2, and mostly take place in the human world.

They also call the host heaven “Sublime”. Only Dolores knows where it is, and it didn’t sound like we would see it again.

I didn't read it myself so forgive me but didn't they say they were purposely going to mislead people so they couldn't guess things this season?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

It's interesting because it suggests that all of the guest data survives into the distant future. In other words, it wasn't destroyed this season and it won't be next season, either. I wouldn't count on us seeing William and Emily again, since Ed Harris' health may turn or he may not be available, but we know to count on seeing the guest data used in the far future, so it has to somehow survive for a whole 'nother season or two.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's interesting because it suggests that all of the guest data survives into the distant future. In other words, it wasn't destroyed this season and it won't be next season, either. I wouldn't count on us seeing William and Emily again, since Ed Harris' health may turn or he may not be available, but we know to count on seeing the guest data used in the far future, so it has to somehow survive for a whole 'nother season or two.

Don’t believe it implies that at all. William is still alive at the end so there exists other opportunities to scan his brain again.

That Emily could simply be a reconstruction from William’s memories. The same way Logan was inside the Forge. Or it could just be a host made to look like her. She wasn’t acting like Emily at all.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Don’t believe it implies that at all. William is still alive at the end so there exists other opportunities to scan his brain again.

That Emily could simply be a reconstruction from William’s memories. The same way Logan was inside the Forge. Or it could just be a host made to look like her. She wasn’t acting like Emily at all.

I don't think it's as simple as just scanning someone's brain to get a profile. If it were, there would've been no reason to have the park. The park exists to put people in "real" situations and record their behaviors, and the more often they have those experiences, the more complete the profiles become. There's basically no Westworld anymore, and I think that it's doubtful that William, especially at his age and with one working hand, would go back now even if he could.

You're right that, somehow, they found a way to reconstruct Delos' memories, but that was in a virtual world and that Logan was likely very little like the real Logan, since Delos didn't know and/or care much about his son. That Logan seemed like an idealized Logan, perhaps just the side of him that Delos wished that he always was. I think that it's unlikely that that reconstructed Logan would come anywhere close to passing a fidelity test if it were put into a host. The William in the end credits scene is undergoing a fidelity test, though, which makes me suspect that it's not just a memory reconstruction and is actually based on his decades-old guest profile.

Of course, I didn't think that they could scan people's memories (much less 30 years ago, when Delos was still alive) until this episode, so who knows what they'll decide is possible in coming seasons. I hope that they don't go down the path of being able to create hosts purely from memories, though. That would be cheap and undermine the park's very premise, as I said. After all, why limit your data to guests who voluntarily entered the park over the course of 30 years when you could just nab someone who knows someone (say, the brother of the President), extract his memories of the person and then duplicate that person? That would make the park useless and a huge waste of time and resources.

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Do revolvers actually work like that?

Without anything to combust, how does the firing pin cause anything to happen?

I believe what she did was stuff the lead from the fired bullet into the chamber with a fresh shell behind it. Revolvers have a chamber for each shell unlike other repeating guns which use only one chamber. This would result in fresh shell firing and immediately hitting the blockage, causing the explosion we saw. Its the only explanation that makes any sense from a realistic point of view. Some revolvers would have chambers long enough to accomadate this, it would cause a huge rupture, and it would be hidden from William unless he removed the shell and inspected the chamber

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Anyways, im confused about Teddy and the timelines.

How does Teddy end up in Host Heaven/his body in the flooded reservoir?

Am I forgetting something from a much earlier episode? We never see another Teddy other then the one which kills himselfs do we? We just see Teddy in heaven and his body floating

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Did anyone else get the impression that Stubbs is a host? He said that Ford, himself, hired him, which is curious because Ford wasn't his boss and it's hard to imagine a Delos increasingly being taken over by Theresa, Strand and Hale types allowing him to make such a critical hire. He also said that it was too long ago for him to remember, which is odd because he's not that old. Finally, he said that he was "responsible for every host <pause> inside the park," with definite emphasis on "inside," just after Hale/Dolores indicated that she was leaving the park.

Yes.

The Truth Behind Westworld’s Latest Robotic Reveal

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I posted after season 2 episode 1 in here that I think Stubbs is a host and someone just said thats a stupid idea lol.

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
I don't get the negativity about this season or this episode. I thought the season was great and the finale closed some doors, opened some others, and further progressed other parts of the story.

I cannot wait for season 3, as it's going to be very interesting how they have these hosts interact in the real-world.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I don't get the negativity about this season or this episode. I thought the season was great and the finale closed some doors, opened some others, and further progressed other parts of the story.

I cannot wait for season 3, as it's going to be very interesting how they have these hosts interact in the real-world.
Yeah I am really surprised by the response here. Thoroughly enjoyed that episode and that season. HF seems to be the only place that didn't care for it.

Reactions: TB12

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Speaking for myself, this season was an absolute nightmare to try and follow and keep up with. I also hated how several characters died several times yet are still alive / still hosts. Ruins the impact of a character death if you just assume they’ll be alive again in no time anyway.

But maybe I’m just an idiot.

Reactions: Danko and Hivemind

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The behind the scenes video confirms the post credit scene is the far future, and we won’t be revisiting it in season 3.

Maybe this is meant to be like a final hell for William? Stuck reliving the demise of the park in a test loop?

Edit: but the show is building towards that far future.

When Emily pulls William from Ake, she says something along the lines of having a much harsher punishment for him, or whatever she says.

How's living some of the worst days of your life on a loop as punishment? I guess it's confirmed that the post-credits scene is way in the future, so this is irrelevant, but that's some kinda punishment if you ask me.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Anyways, im confused about Teddy and the timelines.

How does Teddy end up in Host Heaven/his body in the flooded reservoir?

Am I forgetting something from a much earlier episode? We never see another Teddy other then the one which kills himselfs do we? We just see Teddy in heaven and his body floating

The valley is really big. The place Dolores left him was flooded.

Dolores took his core and uploaded him at the very end.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Season's overall plot was definitely jumbled but there were still some great moments, and a lot of potential going forward. I trust the creators to bounce back, and I haven't really lost any interested.

Good post. I agree with pretty much all of this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad