HBO Max (all purpose thread)

Sep 19, 2008
Little pissed that all the SP episodes are exclusively on HBO Max when it comes out. All the Looney Tunes will be on there too.

Reactions: Legionnaire

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Love Life

edited to add: she isnt nude, just frequently having sex. My wife loves the show, i quit watching after 3 episodes.

Reactions: Roman Fell

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Another reason for why people would rather own certain media as opposed to a subscription service.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
If you want to have HBO Max on you're on Roku you're out of luck. I don't believe your HBO Go access carries over to HBO Now (which will be renamed HBO). I'm not sure though.
Yeah and I have free HBO Max, but it was pretty choppy on my computer.

Being an Avalanche fan has made me antsy about services.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm not sure where to post this, and this seems like the official HBO Max thread, so...

I just watched the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reunion. It's a 75-minute retrospective with interviews and all of the cast (minus James Avery/Uncle Phil, who passed away) sitting in a recreation of the living room, telling stories. It's pretty emotional, especially when they talk about James Avery, the original Aunt Viv (whom Will Smith hadn't seen in 27 years) and the final episode. I originally thought that I might watch just the first 10 minutes, see how everyone looked and then put on a movie, but I couldn't stop watching. It's very good and better than I was expecting. If you're a fan of the show, it's worth checking out.

Last edited:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I'm not sure where to post this, and this seems like the official HBO Max thread, so...

I just watched the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reunion. It's a 75-minute retrospective with interviews and all of the cast (minus James Avery/Uncle Phil, who passed away) sitting in a recreation of the living room, telling stories. It's pretty emotional, especially when they talk about James Avery, the original Aunt Viv (whom Will Smith hadn't seen in 27 years) and the final episode. I originally thought that I might watch just the first 10 minutes, see how everyone looked and then put on a movie, but I couldn't stop watching. It's very good and better than I was expecting. If you're a fan of the show, it's worth checking out.

Someone put it up on YouTube and I watched it there before it got taken down. Did you notice that when the original Aunt Viv came onto the set, everyone was there except Alfonso Ribiero? Guess they still haven’t patched things up, even though she did make up with Will Smith.

It was fun to watch, but the stuff with James Avery was sad. You can tell how much the cast loved him.

I like these reunions. Going back and watching old clips. Beats doing a reboot of the show. Get the cast together, have some laughs. That’s good enough for me.

Reactions: NHL WAR and Osprey

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Hugh Grant acts his balls off in “The Undoing”. Nice to see him in a more leading role again

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
For fans of Babylon 5 they just added it to HBO MAX and its been remastered and put back in original 4:3 framing

A Warner Bros. spokesperson told Engadget that Babylon 5 Remastered has been scanned from the original camera negative. The film sequences were scanned in 4K and then “finished,” or downscaled, back to HD, with a dirt and scratch clean-up, as well as color correction. The show’s CGI and composite sequences, meanwhile, have been digitally upscaled to HD with only some minor tweaks where absolutely necessary.

In order to maintain visual quality and fidelity between the show’s filmed and effects-heavy sequences, the new version is only available in 4:3. That’s the same format that the show was originally broadcast in, rather than the widescreen DVD releases. But it does avoid the issue of image inconsistency that have plagued those DVD releases when they launched.

It honestly looks great and I am shocked that Warner Bros put so much effort into cleaning it up like this

The Gathering pilot is only episode not remastered for some reason

Last edited:

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
WarnerMedia and Discovery are now merging. Although it sounds like there are no immediate plans, a the addition of Discovery+ content to HBO Max would be nice and round out their offering pretty well.

WarnerMedia-Discovery Merger: AT&T and Discovery Detail Merger Terms – The Hollywood Reporter

David Zaslav And John Stankey Outline Plans For Merging Discovery And WarnerMedia, Addressing Future Of Jason Kilar, CNN, Streaming – Deadline

Slightly off topic, but should we have a separate thread for show business financial stuff like this? It's clear that there are people on this board who follow that stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad