HBO Max (all purpose thread)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Nope.

how about they focus on more quality shows. Since game of thrones ended they have been terrible. Stopped paying for their service.

Reactions: Elvis P

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Nope.

how about they focus on more quality shows. Since game of thrones ended they have been terrible. Stopped paying for their service.

I mean, this is a way for them to get more revenue and focus on , "more quality shows.,," HBO of any network has produced some of the best content of the past 20 years. They have a pretty good library on HBOgo now, I don't know if I will spring for the extras on this service

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I mean, this is a way for them to get more revenue and focus on , "more quality shows.,," HBO of any network has produced some of the best content of the past 20 years. They have a pretty good library on HBOgo now, I don't know if I will spring for the extras on this service

I believe roughly the same price as HBO will get you HBO Max. I think we were paying $15 a month for HBO Now when we were doing it, and that's the same price as HBO Max but Max comes with all of these extra shows like Friends, Doctor Who, etc while also giving you the HBO content. Seems like a decent deal.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
If you have Amazon Prime, now might be a good time to watch some of HBO's older series that are available on that service, like Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Rome and The Wire, since HBO may eventually make those available only on HBO Max. They didn't do that with HBO Now (probably because the revenue from Amazon made it worth it), but I think that it stands to reason that they may use that for leverage eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: SniperHF

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
So many start ups taking a run at the big dog (Netflix). Maybe all the competition will hurt the newcomers and Netflix will remain the last man standing? Or maybe this is the beginning of the end - it certainly is a cut throat business.

I don't have a dog in this fight so it will be interesting to see it all play out.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'll get it when they get a Roku app. That was their biggest mistake. Wife has to have Friends.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I've never understood the appeal of that show. I forced myself to watch a few episodes and I never laughed. Never came close to laughing. I simply don't get it.

This one and How I Met Your Mother. Felt like I was taking crazy pills after listening to all the people I knew tell me how much they loved these shows.

Reactions: member 51464

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This one and How I Met Your Mother. Felt like I was taking crazy pills after listening to all the people I knew tell me how much they loved these shows.
Never saw HIMYM. Sounds like I'm not missing much.

As for BBT... Someone was clever and removed the over the top laugh track from Big Bang Theory and it helps clarify how UN-funny the show is.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I am happy that Turner Classic Movies is included. We've already watched a few oldies. There are some great titles in there.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Basically this is only good for watching Anna Kendrick having sex.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

How I Met Your Mother is great, but if you’re not into shows like Friends and Seinfeld I guess you wouldn’t like it. I don’t know, I like shows that just make you laugh, and you don’t have to take them too seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad