Proposal: Hayes to Pittsburgh (3 team trade)

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
To Penguins: Kevin Hayes @ 3.5 million

To Rangers: 2019 1st (team X), 2019 2nd (Pitt), Filip Hallander

To team X: Derrick Brassard

In this scenario the Pens trade Brassard, Hallander, and a 2nd for Hayes with retention.

Team X trades a 1st for Brassard. It has been reported there is a strong market for him and as a rental of his caliber I think a 1st from a playoff team is a fair price. This could be Dallas, Columbus, or really any other team looking for center help at the deadline.

Fair?

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I feel like team X is a pretty important missing piece.

That 1st could be 25-31 or 15-24... that’s a pick most teams may like to hold on to.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015

That 1st could be 25-31 or 15-24... that’s a pick most teams may like to hold on to.[/QUOTE

That 1st could be 25-31 or 15-24... that’s a pick most teams may like to hold on to.
Yeah but teams don’t know where they’re picking at the deadline. If they trade their 1st I’d say they’re confident in going far. It’s likely to be in the 23-31 range I would say.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Think the trade is more fair if Pittsburgh gives up the first and team x the second. As a rangers fan I’d trade Hayes for that package

Reactions: Viqsi

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If Brassard was worth a 1st as a rental 3C then the Pens would just keep him as opposed to trying to upgrade on him.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Because Hayes costs more than just a 1st. If team X wanted to pay 1st, 2nd, and a solid prospect for Hayes I suppose they could.

Whereas Brass could probably be had for just a 1st
Is this just a scenario that Pittsburgh isn't giving up a first for the sake of it?

Why would another team give up a 1st and get the consolation prize of Brassard when they could just pay that to get Hayes, which was conveniently left out to acquire Hayes.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
To Penguins: Kevin Hayes @ 3.5 million

To Rangers: 2019 1st (team X), 2019 2nd (Pitt), Filip Hallander

To team X: Derrick Brassard

In this scenario the Pens trade Brassard, Hallander, and a 2nd for Hayes with retention.

Team X trades a 1st for Brassard. It has been reported there is a strong market for him and as a rental of his caliber I think a 1st from a playoff team is a fair price. This could be Dallas, Columbus, or really any other team looking for center help at the deadline.

Fair?
The trade Brassard meme has gotten way out of hand. Sorry to be harsh, but that is a beyond silly trade for Pittsburgh. Why are the Pens trading a UFA player for a worse and more expensive UFA player and also added one of their best prospects and a 2nd round pick on top of that? That would get JR fired.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The trade Brassard meme has gotten way out of hand. Sorry to be harsh, but that is a beyond silly trade for Pittsburgh. Why are the Pens trading a UFA player for a worse and more expensive UFA player and also added one of their best prospects and a 2nd round pick on top of that? That would get JR fired.

Wow, this dude thinks Brassard is better than Kevin Hayes :lol:......Pitt getting Hayes without giving up a 1st would be a pipe dream for them.

Team X is the team that gets screwed here.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Wow, this dude thinks Brassard is better than Kevin Hayes :lol:......Pitt getting Hayes without giving up a 1st would be a pipe dream for them.

Team X is the team that gets screwed here.
No, Pittsburgh would be the team getting screwed. Hayes having a career best half season assist total doesn't make him any better than he always was. Pittsburgh gets a different UFA center while giving up assets that could be used elsewhere or simply kept.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Lmao you think Nyr is getting a 1st, 2nd and a prospect for hayes. Holy mama.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
No, Pittsburgh would be the team getting screwed. Hayes having a career best half season assist total doesn't make him any better than he always was.

You don't know what you're talking about. I wont waste my time trying to convince you.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I would figure out who team X is for this to be a 3-team Trade.

It’s hard to gauge value or who says no if we don’t know the team making the trade.

EDIT: @Toby Flenderson ... for some reason I am having a rough time quoting you.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Rather pay a 1st + for Hayes than a single 1st for Brassard. So yea, if I was team X, I'd just bypass Pens altogether and talk with the Rangers alone.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Lmao you think Nyr is getting a 1st, 2nd and a prospect for hayes. Holy mama.

Time Will tell. It depends on the projected number of the pick. Plus, likely, If he resigns with the new team (iow the 2nd would be conditional). I can see him getting a late First (projected 25-31), a very good prospect and a conditional 2020 2nd. Or a mid First round pick (projected 17-24), a good prospect and a conditional 2020 2nd.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Well since CBJ is presumably interested in Brassard might as well make them team X with them giving up a light cap hit and 1st to NYR

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Because Hayes costs more than just a 1st. If team X wanted to pay 1st, 2nd, and a solid prospect for Hayes I suppose they could.

Whereas Brass could probably be had for just a 1st

The way Brassard has played this year, he is only worth about a 3rd. Seriously. I don't know what happened to him. Maybe it is the way he is being used in Pitt, but his numbers are night and day. It looks like a completely different person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad