GDT: Hawks Vs Wings - 7:30PM CT on NBCSCH+ -- Man Dog Meets Madhouse on Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
I guess all Gritty guys from Philly can't skate.

Gritty-fall-832x447.jpg

GritDOG!

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Finally watched the game on PVR:
- Like Boquist a lot. I agree he deserves a few games in Chicago to begin the season. Not sure about a full 9 games though. We'll see how he handles the physicality of the NHL. I honestly think if he was given sheltered minutes he could play in this league today.

-I think Kahun has himself a starting spot.

- Liked Toews, Kane, Seabs, Schmaltz.

- Didn't mind Manning nearly as much as before. He has compete in him as does Davidson.
- heard that Highmore was sent down. That's a surprise for me. I thought he looked okay.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Finally watched the game on PVR:
- Like Boquist a lot. I agree he deserves a few games in Chicago to begin the season. Not sure about a full 9 games though. We'll see how he handles the physicality of the NHL. I honestly think if he was given sheltered minutes he could play in this league today.

-I think Kahun has himself a starting spot.

- Liked Toews, Kane, Seabs, Schmaltz.

- Didn't mind Manning nearly as much as before. He has compete in him as does Davidson.
- heard that Highmore was sent down. That's a surprise for me. I thought he looked okay.

Boqvist got sent to London today.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
While I agree, Ward was still really, really bad. He should not be the starter, based on that performance.

Actually he wasn't. Wings were allowed to hang around the crease too much and a few bad bounces made it a lot worse. Ward could have had the 4th Wings goal but even that was a great look, a point blank wrister from about 20-25 feet. Wings speed was not handled very well.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Can the call him up at the end of the season?
a

I thought it was exclusively the first 9 games. Just seems weird when there are apparently zero consequences and with Murphy + Forsling hurt

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Shoooot!. I reckon if Boqvist plays there all season, he will dominate, maybe even set records. Just hope he can stay healthy and put on some beef.

London is a factory so he should.

He played this preseason for the first time on NA ice and we saw what he can do. A full season plus the strength he should add will really help. He was not afraid out there at any point in games and that is good to see. It was a lot of fun to watch his mid work out there. He is just scratching the surface but I think you can all see what I was talking about at the draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyJet

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Actually he wasn't. Wings were allowed to hang around the crease too much and a few bad bounces made it a lot worse. Ward could have had the 4th Wings goal but even that was a great look, a point blank wrister from about 20-25 feet. Wings speed was not handled very well.
He let in 6 goals on 17 shots. Make a damn save for your team.
He called his own performance embarrassing, and it was.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He let in 6 goals on 17 shots. Make a damn save for your team.
He called his own performance embarrassing, and it was.
Ward did make some good saves in the first two periods. If he was embarrassed, fine, but the entire Blackhawks defensive game was embarrassingly bad! Not just the goaltending to blame here, though it is quite convenient to do so.
Please quit quoting stats. They're meaningless for those that actually watch the games.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Ward did make some good saves in the first two periods. If he was embarrassed, fine, but the entire Blackhawks defensive game was embarrassingly bad! Not just the goaltending to blame here, though it is quite convenient to do so.
Please quit quoting stats. They're meaningless for those that actually watch the games.
I watched the game, as did many here who also say he was bad. I dont believe I ever blamed the goalie for the loss, but he sucked.

But keep thinking you know all, and everyone else knows nothing. That's embarrassing.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Frankly, don't give a fats rat ass how many shots on goal that Wings had.

Did you watch the game? If you did, tell me honestly which goal was a softy. Answer, none.
If it was Crawford, how many would have been softies.
Defending Ward is your round about way of defending Darling.

I could sit here and dissect each goal, but I dont have time atm to watch all the goals he let in.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If it was Crawford, how many would have been softies.
Defending Ward is your round about way of defending Darling.

I could sit here and dissect each goal, but I dont have time atm to watch all the goals he let in.

Well perhaps you should before taking a stand that is based more on bad stats then anything else.

Ward has played what, 3 periods of preseason with Blackhawks? It's obvious he will be the fall guy for some posters all season long. I can only wish that that is all that has been wrong so far in the preseason.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Well perhaps you should before taking a stand that is based more on bad stats then anything else.

Ward has played what, 3 periods of preseason with Blackhawks? It's obvious he will be the fall guy for some posters all season long. I can only wish that that is all that has been wrong so far in the preseason.

Most of the people you’re replying to were posting during the game in the GDT.... you were the absent one.

This is..... odd.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Jimmy Howard gave up 6 goals for the Wings and he will be their starter...shit happens, it was the preseason. I do expect Ward to look better, and he has to stop a few more there in a real game, but not overreacting yet...lets see him get a full game in again this weekend to see how he recovers. if he shits the bed again, then we can worry some more.

Reactions: BobbyJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad