GDT: Hawks Vs Wings - 7:30PM CT on NBCSCH+ -- Man Dog Meets Madhouse on Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Do you think Ward had a good look at that shot?

Yes. Based on the video I think he simply got caught leaning. This is the preseason so I am not really freaking out over him having a bad game. Preseason games are where you work out the kinks.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This is my favorite part. Even Ward said he was pathetic out there, yet Bobby is still defending him. I always thought he was more pro Darling and not exactly anti-Crow but maybe its just a bias against Crow. :dunno:
Ward showed he was a team player by taking the blame, as would most or all NHL goalies. If you think he wasn't pissed at the defenders in front of him I think you are mistaken, but he's not going to say it publicly.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yes. Based on the video I think he simply got caught leaning. This is the preseason so I am not really freaking out over him having a bad game. Preseason games are where you work out the kinks.

Fair enough. When I first saw the goal I thought it was deflected by Boqvist. I don't think he had a good beat on the puck until it got past the defenders stick.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Beats me. Perhaps you are in denial about how bad Q's stick check first, passive defensive system is.

In this exhibition game Wings exploited it badly (with skill and speed) and they aren't even a physical team.
Laughable. Leaving me out of it, what about all the people saying he was bad that hate Q?

And you keep thinking that I want Q to be here, just stop.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Laughable. Leaving me out of it, what about all the people saying he was bad that hate Q?

Hawkaholic based on your constant defense of Q (right or wrong) it very much appears that you are a big Q fan. I am not sure how you can deny that. Clearly you don't mean for it to come off that way but it does.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hawkaholic based on your constant defense of Q (right or wrong) it very much appears that you are a big Q fan. I am not sure how you can deny that. Clearly you don't mean for it to come off that way but it does.
Please show me where I have defended him. I don't think everything is his fault, which is why I may defend a thing or two, but I have said multiple times that we need a change.

I was a huge fan of Q 3+ yrs ago, yes. One of the best and most successful coaches the Hawks have had. But his time appears to be at an end.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Please show me where I have defended him. I don't think everything is his fault, which is why I may defend a thing or two, but I have said multiple times that we need a change.

Just search your post history and you will see. Ever wonder why you are constantly questioned on it. You might not realize it but you are constantly defending him.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

My main point to all of this is that certain folks want to point out Ward as being the main problem on this team ... and specifically in this game. It was the piss poor defensive game of the Blackhawks that far too often hung the goaltender out to dry, yet seldom did it get the criticism that Ward received.

Ward was far from perfect but BK is right. Preseason is meant for players to get the kinks out prior to October, and goaltenders are certainly no exception to that. Let's not throw any player under the bus at this point. Especially a goaltender who may be the number one with CC out.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
My main point to all of this is that certain folks want to point out Ward as being the main problem on this team ... and specifically in this game. It was the piss poor defensive game of the Blackhawks that far too often hung the goaltender out to dry, yet seldom did it get the criticism that Ward received.

Ward was far from perfect but BK is right. Preseason is meant for players to get the kinks out prior to October, and goaltenders are certainly no exception to that. Let's not throw any player under the bus at this point. Especially a goaltender who may be the number one with CC out.
I don't think anyone is saying Ward is the main problem on the team.

People said he sucked last year, when he was signed, people say he sucked vs. DET the other night. Both of those statements are true.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not at all. Your denial is just hilarious considering an easy search by you show the complete opposite of what you are claiming.

You saying you don't defend Q is as bad as me trying to claim I don't defend Bowman.
If it's so easy, go and find something of me constantly defending Q in the last year, it should be easy, as you say.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If it's so easy, go and find something of me constantly defending Q in the last year, it should be easy, as you say.

I showed you how already. Anyway I am done arguing about something you are not going to stop lying about when they proof is just sitting there and everyone knows it....except you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->