GDT: Hawks vs Rags - 7:30CDT - NSCH - Do you smell what the Hawks are cooking????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kunitz got PP time against Arizona. I don't think he's got any since. However, why he even got any PP time was ridiculous. I don't mind Kunitz on the 4th line, but what's the point? He's not going to be on the roster next year. Play the young guys. See what we have.

Why is Kampf and Hayden continually being benched for Kunitz? I'd rather see Johnson on the ice than Kunitz.

Well until Saad suddenly woke up Kunitz was one of the few Hawks willing to go to net

It was clearly a message from Q

Overall Kunitz had been fine to me , Not sure the hate he has gotten is deserved

He looks like an average vet bottom 6 player who as year goes on will be in and out of lineup more often and who could in turn be put into press box for playoffs if a kid comes up and does very well

I would remind you Carcillo , Mayers and others have fallen similar track of being placeholders who when a kid came along and excelled quietly went to press box and did the vet thing and be good teammate waiting for chance to get back in lineup when needed

Ward also doesn't deserve much hate for his performance this year even though #'s aren't good. He has done his job to provide timely saves and be solid vet for locker room (Leafs game was only game he was awful in)

Manning is a disaster and disgrace though. I still cant believe Stanley gave him the contract he did

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well until Saad suddenly woke up Kunitz was one of the few Hawks willing to go to net

It was clearly a message from Q

Overall Kunitz had been fine to me , Not sure the hate he has gotten is deserved

He looks like an average vet bottom 6 player who as year goes on will be in and out of lineup more often and who could in turn be put into press box for playoffs if a kid comes up and does very well

I would remind you Carcillo , Mayers and others have fallen similar track of being placeholders who when a kid came along and excelled quietly went to press box and did the vet thing and be good teammate waiting for chance to get back in lineup when needed

Ward also doesn't deserve much hate for his performance this year even though #'s aren't good. He has done his job to provide timely saves and be solid vet for locker room (Leafs game was only game he was awful in)

Manning is a disaster and disgrace though. I still cant believe Stanley gave him the contract he did

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is absolutely hilarious. Did Q get fired and I missed it? Because if he's the coach, there is ZERO chance Kunitz isn't playing in the playoffs, assuming they make it.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
It will have to be Murphy. I kind of like limiting Seabrook's TOI as he is getting up in age. Same goes for Keith. The Forsling / Murphy pairing is going to be really Important. Gone are the days where Keith, Hjalmarrson, Seabrook, Oduya would eat up most of the ice time. This is going to have to be split evenly.

I wouldn’t be too sure we are going to see Forsling or Murphy full time when both are healthy. Like him or not, Manning wasn’t signed to sit in the press box.

He will come around. The hate for him is way over the top and out of control.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I wouldn’t be too sure we are going to see Forsling or Murphy full time when both are healthy. Like him or not, Manning wasn’t signed to sit in the press box.

According to every Flyers fan that isn't you, his (your) game never came around in Philly. So I'm going to go ahead and assume that this is who he (you) is (are) and hope he (you) magically dissappears.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I agree to an extent. Manning's awkward style and early struggles makes him an easy target but he needs more time before he can be written off by Hawks fans. Those that support Stan as GM should be the first to give Bowman the benefit of the doubt that he knew what he was doing by signing this guy. More likely, however, is that the signing of Manning is another in a rather lengthy list of blunders by the GM. That said, I am not ready to write off Manning quite yet but it's getting close. When Murphy returns he may be out of a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad