Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
The hawks were trying with Calgary at even strength before Calgary put up 2 quick pp goals.

Imagine what happens to the Oilers.....

Only way oil even keep it close is because the hawks take them too lightly.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
This season is so much worse than the rest... at least the rest when I was cheering for losses, it was so we could get a high pick.

Now I just want to see this pathetic organization burn. Until housecleaning is done, I hope this team loses every single game for the rest of the year. I also hope we trade our first round pick for peanuts, because they don't deserve to be rewarded for being such an embarrassment.

How does Chabot, who's been indirectly called out by another team for teaching DD all the wrong things, and helped every goalie thats ever come here regress, still have a job?

This organization is an absolute disgrace. The place where careers go to die.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
"We want 10, we want 10"

Oilers will definitely not win this one. The wheels have come off for the organization in a huge way and there's nowhere for anyone to hide right now. But... No heads will be rolled. The slimeball management will shrug it off until their next win. We're drafting top 3 -- book it, hulkamaniacs. This is why I watch Oilers games...because every time I think they've turned the corner, they find a way back even deeper in the hole. It's unfathomable but true.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
will Hawks give any mercy on oilers tonight??

tw7aQ.gif

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
What would it take for Eakins to step down? An ice cube in his suit?

I was at the game 2 weeks ago in Boston. I got down to where the players bench and high-fived every Oiler. Eakins comes out of the tunnel and he is just an idiot. What an ego.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Watching Eakins on TSN last night was cringe worthy. Dude was so much in denial with " oh yeah the Devils play this boring style where they wait and wait and capitalize on turnovers and that's what happened to us tonight"

Dude...you're a coach...you're supposed to know this stuff beforehand and prepare accordingly. Talking like that and rationalizing the loss like that made me cringe.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
When we play the hawks they are usually entertaining games. Not saying we are going to win, just saying should be fun to watch.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Watching Eakins on TSN last night was cringe worthy. Dude was so much in denial with " oh yeah the Devils play this boring style where they wait and wait and capitalize on turnovers and that's what happened to us tonight"

Dude...you're a coach...you're supposed to know this stuff beforehand and prepare accordingly. Talking like that and rationalizing the loss like that made me cringe.
Every time he talks I cringe.

Ebs4Josi

Nov 22, 2014
This seems like a game that they will lose big, 100%.

Therefore I'm thinking this is a blowout win for the Oilers. 6-2, hattrick for Nuge.

Also, remember that we play the Hawks pretty well. Although there is no Sam Gagner on the team to get 8 points lol

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
i have a feeling that the Oilers will probably have a strong game in response to their performance last night. However I would like them to lose big just to drive home the fact that there needs to be change within this organization.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
This seems like a game that they will lose big, 100%.

Therefore I'm thinking this is a blowout win for the Oilers. 6-2, hattrick for Nuge.

Also, remember that we play the Hawks pretty well. Although there is no Sam Gagner on the team to get 8 points lol

Exactly followed by a 1-7-2 next 10. These one off wins are what keep Eakins head afloat. "We just blew out a team like Chicago!....This is a process."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad