Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The Hawks could make the Leafs-Preds game from the other night look like a close game.

The recipe for a blowout is already in the mixing bowl.

The Oilers are on the back half of back to back home games.
5 game losing streak.
Give up when down 1-0.
4th fwd J. Schultz will get 28 mins of ice time.

There's more, but this will get ugly and on national tv too. I'll tune in to watch Toews and Kane work their razzle dazzle.

Last edited:

Gambl0r83*

This should be the game that seals Eakins fate in Edmonton. Hopefully the Hawks score 10.

We could lose the next 5 and Eakins will still be here. They will not fire him mid-season, get used to it, he is sticking around for the rest of the year. Hope one of the 'c0cks' (Hitch or Babs) comes in the summer

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Shouldn't the poll be "by how much will the Hawks win"? 3+, 4+, 5+

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
does anybody write a blog about playing hard and playing tough and winning battles? maybe the oilers should have hired that guy

--- Rob Tychkowski

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Hawks would be doing us a huge favour by just playing their game and burying us and helping us his rock bottom. I bet they back off though and stop pushing after they get a lead. It's in every Western teams interest to let the Oilers stay terrible.

Ogurek

Sep 29, 2010
Going to the game tonight (free tickets). Do they hand out paper bags for our heads at the door or do I need to bring my own?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I'm not sure if I'm able to do the thread today. I'm not listed for the game, but I did ask to do it.

If someone wants the GDT, have at er.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
We could lose the next 5 and Eakins will still be here. They will not fire him mid-season, get used to it, he is sticking around for the rest of the year. Hope one of the 'c0cks' (Hitch or Babs) comes in the summer

I could see them canning Eakins but MacT taking over interim. But I don't think that'd improve anything, because MacT is a big part of the problem.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Also hoping Chicago puts up a 10 spot. I think they'll put 4 in, in the first 10 minutes then lay back after for a 6-0 or 7-0 final.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Playing the Hawks tonight?

eafWT61.gif

No reason to not continue watching the Raptors for me, I think.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Going to the game tonight (free tickets). Do they hand out paper bags for our heads at the door or do I need to bring my own?

you're still a more hardcore fan than I. Even being offered free tickets, I still declined to go to games in the last few years. that's how disgusted I have been with the way the team has been run and the poor value the oilers offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad