GDT: Hawks Vs Leafs - 6PM CT on NBCSCHI and NHLN-US -- Oh Captain, My Captain! (not the mod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Hayden will crack a fart on the bench and Q will scratch him next game. He seems to not like the kid, the same way he occasionally gets with a young guy. This kid deserves a chance, he always plays hard. Can’t say that about everyone out there

Q always has a whipping boy (Leddy, Hartman, Kempny ...), sure hope Hayden not this year's model.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Saw the postgame interview with Toews and I have to say that I could immediately tell that he's lost weight just by looking at his face. His chin stuck out a lot more than it has in the past.

I don't know how much he's lost over the summer, but however much it was, it's extremely noticeable on the ice and just by looking at him.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint

7 in 2 not a good number obviously but, beside opening night's opening period, don't think Ward's given up any softies and HAS made tough saves keep the Hawks in the game. I'll take that and like it, too.

Full disclose also - One of the goalies I'd taken over Ward, Mrazek's given up 2 in the first 10 minutes today. (I cheer CAR since Teuvo getting sacrificed to lose Bickell's cap hit.)

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I mostly blame Ward’s save percentage on lousy, lazy play in our own end and a terrible PK. He has played pretty well all things considered.

Yep, he's been fairly solid. He's had a couple of softies, but he's bailed us out far more often. Can't hang his lousy save percentage solely on him, when the skaters are gifting them grade A chances. Last night was less shaky from the D, so hopefully the trend is our friend. Good test tonight.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
tumblr_pg93gi9NnX1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

Out of only three defensemen playing this year that were drafted in 2017, only one has any points. That player has two. And a plus 2. And has more shots on goal than the others. And wasn't picked 3rd overall or 16th overall, but 29th overall.

All should bow down to the all mighty Henri!

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
3rd game 4 nights, back end of two in two nights ... so obvious the back up should get the net but Q - once again - Fs w/ Forsberg's psyche.

Maybe - hopefully - moot come Crow's return but still ... trying to figure out this HC's "plan" is like to trying to decipher an unknown foreign language.

Sincerely tho - T/y Q those 3 Cups no sarc either.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Henri Henri Henri!

Hurray!

Henri Henri Henri!

Hurray!

Hurray!

Hurray!!!

LET’S GO HAWKS!

Reactions: CallMeShaft

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
3rd game 4 nights, back end of two in two nights ... so obvious the back up should get the net but Q - once again - Fs w/ Forsberg's psyche.

Maybe - hopefully - moot come Crow's return but still ... trying to figure out this HC's "plan" is like to trying to decipher an unknown foreign language.

Sincerely tho - T/y Q those 3 Cups no sarc either.
It's not obvious. In this case it's simple. Q wants to win and the season just began. When it comes to fatigue, Ward should be just fine and the team is off for a few days after tonight's game. Why should he not go with the goalie who has won 2 games in a row rather than go with a back-up at this point?

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Not big on pomp & circumstance - Can we just sing the anthems & play some hockey? - but exceptions to every cranky old guy's preference. The Blackhawks sure do it nice. Beautiful touch & the family must take such solace from it. Bravo Hawk front office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad