GDT: Hawks Vs Leafs - 6PM CT on NBCSCHI and NHLN-US -- Oh Captain, My Captain! (not the mod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Really looking forward to this game as it’ll be the first I get to sit and watch from start to finish.

What a breath of fresh air this team has been so far. I still don’t expect them to finish the season as a contender, but at least we have some excitement to watch from the Joker, to Cat, Kane like usual, and hopefully a season long revitalized Toews compared to the snooze fest last year.

Let’s go Hawks!

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I still don’t expect them to finish the season as a contender, but at least we have some excitement to watch from the Joker, to Cat, Kane like usual, and hopefully a season long revitalized Toews compared to the snooze fest last year.

Let’s go Hawks!

Crazy part about it is the team could be even more fun to watch if the Sikuras, Ejdsells, etc. of the world were up here. I will be patiently waiting for the stud that is Boqvist however.

Reactions: RayP

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Just finished the last game in DVR. I’m so excited about the captain right now. The last few years he’s just seemed almost robotic. He looks like he’s got the fire back in his game now. Looks a step or two quicker as well.

And how about Jokiharju? His defensive play has been terrific. It was actually his great coverage on Tarrasenko that sprung Toews on the breakaway in OT. He’s one of our best defenseman so far... and he’s still a teenager :yo:

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I expect Martinsen to stay in because Q will say hey...2 wins with the useless stump in there. Let’s keep the roll going as he is a key cog with his sandpaper, turnovers, and slow skating.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Just imagine this team with competent special teams....and an aggressive defensive system that doesn't leave the opposing d-men wide open at the points...

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I think Martinsen is a fine 12/13th forward but he had a brutal game last night. Terrible turnover in the first that gave the Blues a breakaway in tight on Ward. And took an offensive zone penalty seconds after we tied the game at 3.

Hayen needs to come in for Martinsen tonight.

Reactions: BobbyJet

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I think Martinsen is a fine 12/13th forward but he had a brutal game last night. Terrible turnover in the first that gave the Blues a breakaway in tight on Ward. And took an offensive zone penalty seconds after we tied the game at 3.

Hayen needs to come in for Martinsen tonight.

Total no brainer. 50/50 Q pulls the trigger. Ugh.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
At the risk of Debbie Downer-ing the room ...
Kinda concerned the combo of bac2bac, the "red carpet" pomp & circumstance (not to mention the hour or so sleep lost for the guys), & TOR w/ 2 Ls already semi-desperate for a win, could leave me crying in my beer come the final horn.

Oh hell what am I thinkin'?!
Home opener on a two win streak? AYFKM self?
We're gonna find a way to a W.
GoHAWKs.

Edit - Oops Leafs 1-1, not 0-2. (Math always confusing.)

Last edited:

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Hayden will crack a fart on the bench and Q will scratch him next game. He seems to not like the kid, the same way he occasionally gets with a young guy. This kid deserves a chance, he always plays hard. Can’t say that about everyone out there

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hayden will crack a fart on the bench and Q will scratch him next game. He seems to not like the kid, the same way he occasionally gets with a young guy. This kid deserves a chance, he always plays hard. Can’t say that about everyone out there

Probably would have done the same thing to Cat but the kid just kept producing despite his linemates.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I am loving what Toews is doing after two games but yes, lets pump the brakes here. Does everyone remember what Brandon Saad looked like after 2 games last year? He was the league MVP the first 2 games.

I am hoping Toews is back to his old self but it will take much more than two games for me to say he is all the way back.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Can't we just enjoy that he is playing well and see what happens over the course of the year?

Personally I think that its pretty much a given he will score more points this year given that Cat is on his line.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad