Confirmed with Link: Hawks Sign Daniel Paille to PTO

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Bruins fan in the building.
Where should I start, he has blazing speed as well as a high hockey IQ. Excellent PKer and plays hard every shift. Physical, will light people up from time to time. He buried an OT goal in the 2013 Cup final. Just a solid depth player who is a big game player. Really hope he makes your team.

One of the cons. He will never score on a breakaway. Ever. Left me ripping my hair out. But I think he'll find a spot with your club.

Solid 3rd or 4th liner. Nothing else much too it.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Remember him scoring the OT goal in game 2 of the 2013 finals. Can't see room for him with the glut of forwards, interesting he would take a PTO with us when it looks like he has zero chance to stick.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
He was a pain in the ass in the finals a couple years back. Very, very good speed (which I love) and physical. I like him more than Desjardins honestly.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He was a pain in the ass in the finals a couple years back. Very, very good speed (which I love) and physical. I like him more than Desjardins honestly.

I bet we see a 4th line of desjardins-kruger-paille

Shaw or Garbutt are going to be sacrificed in a package with Bickell....

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I think he can make the team if a package of Bickell/Shaw gets traded

Why would you trade Shaw? We are under the cap now, its not urgent to move Bickell. Shaw is valuable and has proven his worth, you don't just use him in a cap dump when you are under the cap.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Why would you trade Shaw? We are under the cap now, its not urgent to move Bickell. Shaw is valuable and has proven his worth, you don't just use him in a cap dump when you are under the cap.

in most circumstances yes but Bickell will be gone via trade/buyout after this year and Shaw being an RFA they are both gone next year anyway....

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Just because we're currently under the cap doesn't mean we shouldn't clear out more space.

We have over $3m in potential bonuses for this year, due mostly to Panarin. It'd also be nice to send players up from Rockford without needing another player to be on LTIR.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
in most circumstances yes but Bickell will be gone via trade/buyout after this year and Shaw being an RFA they are both gone next year anyway....

+infinity

If Stan finds a taker for Shaw & Bickell, he's gonna do it. That extra cushion will give us a lot of flexibility (rental(s)), cover for bonuses and assuage the next cap jam.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
This has got to be irritating for guys like Hartman that want a shot at making the team. They seem so hesitant to give the young guys a chance.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
This has got to be irritating for guys like Hartman that want a shot at making the team. They seem so hesitant to give the young guys a chance.

Except for all of the young guys that have come through the past few years (saad, leddy, teuvo, Shaw, smith, Kruger, TVR, stalberg, bickell, crawford, Bollig, etc)

Nothingman*

Except for all of the young guys that have come through the past few years (saad, leddy, teuvo, Shaw, smith, Kruger, TVR, stalberg, bickell, crawford, Bollig, etc)

I think he meant there doesn't seem to be much trust in the current crop of youngsters.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Bruins fan in the building.
Where should I start, he has blazing speed as well as a high hockey IQ. Excellent PKer and plays hard every shift. Physical, will light people up from time to time. He buried an OT goal in the 2013 Cup final. Just a solid depth player who is a big game player. Really hope he makes your team.

One of the cons. He will never score on a breakaway. Ever. Left me ripping my hair out. But I think he'll find a spot with your club.

Solid 3rd or 4th liner. Nothing else much too it.

Why isn't he still with the B's? or trying out there?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think he meant there doesn't seem to be much trust in the current crop of youngsters.

likely did but IMO they have not gotten a chance...

Nordstrom and morin got small opportunities to show what they have but that is about it....

fact is unless Stan finds a few guys like Panarin every year going forward the hawks youngsters need to get a chance to show they can play with the ELContracts....

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

In the case of Hartman, I'd assume Bowman wants him to get more playing time in Rockford.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI

I hear ya man i hear ya, unless of course it's a fantastic return.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The fantastic return is finding a taker for Bicks.

Including Shaw in a trade to dump Bickell is not the only way it can get done. Fortunately I think the Hawks value Shaw more than you do.

The ideal situation is for Bickell to have a much better season so he is more easily moveable. Now that we are under the cap there is no reason to just dump valuable, reasonably priced players to get rid of Bickell immediately. Give it time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad