Speculation: Hawks Rebuild Thread

coastal

Jun 22, 2016
Buffalo - Patrick Kane

Chicago - Cozens, Oloffson, Risto, Okposo, 2021 1st round pick

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Toews at 50% is still a 70-80 pt selke quality center, somebody f***in put a bullet in me if I need to explain this in every thread over the course of a rebuild. I’d ask for a high end prospect like Newhook, Rossi, Perfetti, Hayton, Steel, Glass, etc

Huh? 70-80 point selke center ? Toews has been in the league 13 years. Of those he hit the over 70 points exactly twice and they were 8 years apart. He's averaging 62.6 pts/year over the course of his career.

The last few years he has technically gotten some Selke votes, but c'mon... Bonino and Nichushkin finished ahead of him. Its been years since he even made the top 10

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackFrancis

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Not much they can do but try and build up the pipeline.

Forward group is really good. Debrincat and lucking out with Dach is insane.

Even though they have names on D I really think it’s so average if not below average. Goaltending is nothing.

Unless strome is moved they don’t have many pieces that can be traded so a rebuild would take a long time.

Pitter Patter

May 20, 2020
If most of the trade proposals others make for Blackhawks players in the midst of a self-admitted rebuild are in your estimation "terrible", is it possible you're the one looking at them wrong? Food for thought.
Everyone lowballs a rebuilding team, professor.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This reminds me of what the Canucks tried to do a few years ago when the Sedins were still productive players.....try to retool and rebuild while still paying your franchise players on a big ticket.

It's didn't work then, and I doubt it works for the Hawks. The chances of any other team in the league being able to swallow the salaries for Toews and Patrick Kane is just about nil.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
If Rangers had guts, they would put Laf or Kaapo on the table and grab Kane, Toews, and Keith in a package deal.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Huh? 70-80 point selke center ? Toews has been in the league 13 years. Of those he hit the over 70 points exactly twice and they were 8 years apart. He's averaging 50.9 pts/year over the course of his career.

The last few years he has technically gotten some Selke votes, but c'mon... Bonino and Nichushkin finished ahead of him. Its been years since he even made the top 10
What were his numbers the last two years bud? Both pacing 70, and 81 points respectively. He doesn’t have nearly the same depth below him as he did his Selke years. He’s still considered a top tier quality two way center regardless

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If most of the trade proposals others make for Blackhawks players in the midst of a self-admitted rebuild are in your estimation "terrible", is it possible you're the one looking at them wrong? Food for thought.

Lindgren has been absolutely terrible for several years failing to register a sv pct above .900

Lindgren the last 3 years
17-18
8-19-2 with 3.39 GAA and .886 sv pct (AHL)
4-8-2 with 3.03 GAA and .908 sv pct (NHL)

18-19
11-20-1 with 2.92 GAA and .884 sv pct (AHL)
1-0-0 with 4.62 GAA and .898 sv pct (NHL)

19-20
7-6-2 wiht 2.67 GAA and .893 sv pct (AHL)
2-4 with 3.33 GAA and .888 sv pct (NHL)

Lindgren's play is reason Habs went out and traded for Jake Allen

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Huh? 70-80 point selke center ? Toews has been in the league 13 years. Of those he hit the over 70 points exactly twice and they were 8 years apart. He's averaging 50.9 pts/year over the course of his career.

He's averaging 50 pts a year? According to what.

Toews has a career PPG of 0.864. In an 82 game season he averages 71 pts per year.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
He's averaging 50 pts a year? According to what.

Toews has a career PPG of 0.864. In an 82 game season he averages 71 pts per year.

You're partly are correct. I screwed up my math and its 62.6, but you are using PPG projections and I used actual # of points per year. Seems to me, when using historical data that "what actually happened" carries more weight than "what might have happened "

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Rangers get Toews at 50% Rentention

Blackhawks get: Georgiev, Kravtsov, 2021 1st.

Habaholic25

Oct 22, 2020
- Kane
* If he is willing to waive to go to Montreal... Doubtful
* Retention down to $9M
for
- Caufield
- Guhle
- 2021 1st (unprotected)
- Allen, Armia, Byron (cap reasons)

Reactions: Pertti

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
- Kane
* If he is willing to waive to go to Montreal... Doubtful
* Retention down to $9M
for
- Caufield
- Guhle
- 2021 1st (unprotected)
- Allen, Armia, Byron (cap reasons)

I don’t think Kane would waive to play in MTL. Pretty sure he has stated that he wants to stay in the US.

I would target Toews. They would have to retain 2.5M. With the uncertainty surrounding Danault resigning in Mtl, he would have to part of the deal. So..

Danault
Drouin
1st
For
Toews with cap retention of 2.5M. Cap hit=8M

Habaholic25

Oct 22, 2020
I don’t think Kane would waive to play in MTL. Pretty sure he has stated that he wants to stay in the US.

I would target Toews. They would have to retain 2.5M. With the uncertainty surrounding Danault resigning in Mtl, he would have to part of the deal. So..

Danault
Drouin
1st
For
Toews with cap retention of 2.5M. Cap hit=8M

I think Kane coming to the Habs is a massive dream yes. Nice to entertain the idea though.

I like Toews too but honestly, I think Danault fits our team better (with Suzuki and KK in the mix) and is cheaper. If I'm going to add a big contract, I would prefer to add Kane vs Toews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad