Speculation: Hawks Rebuild Thread

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
You gotta sign Roman Polak and flip him at the deadline for multiple 2nd's. Rebuilding 101.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Toews at 50% is worth something positive at least. At least a 2nd or decent prospect.
Toews at 50% is still a 70-80 pt selke quality center, somebody f***in put a bullet in me if I need to explain this in every thread over the course of a rebuild. I’d ask for a high end prospect like Newhook, Rossi, Perfetti, Hayton, Steel, Glass, etc

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Damnit, it's threads like this that make me understand why Canadians hold up in Cottage Country because my brain is going overdrive coming up with trade ideas for Kane & Toews

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Toews at 50% is still a 70-80 pt selke quality center, somebody f***in put a bullet in me if I need to explain this in every thread over the course of a rebuild. I’d ask for a high end prospect like Newhook, Rossi, Perfetti, Hayton, Steel, Glass, etc

I’m a Blues fan and I’m sitting here like has everyone lost their damn mind, TOEWS IS STILL ELITE AF. Period.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
If cash isn't a concern to ownership then retaining is the way to go with Kane and Toews, I'm talking 3+M retention on each. You aren't going to get a better return on that cap space.
I would guess
Kane - 2 x 1sts + 1 great prospect or 2 good propects
Toews - 1st + 2nd + 2 good propects.
Even more if they take on a short term cap dump.

Keith is a tough call, if they try to trade him he might just retire. He's near the end of that contract where the salary has dropped significantly.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
If you are going to declare to your fans you are going to rebuild they probably should have done that before the draft and free agency. Good luck moving out salary and players now.

Reactions: Pertti

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
if the hawks retain on Kane or Toews You would get massive returns I don't think you even need 50% .Kane / Towes at 5.625 M would be some of the best contracts in the league .

I think retaining 25-30% each You can fetch a very very nice return.

Reactions: Makar27

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
If cash isn't a concern to ownership then retaining is the way to go with Kane and Toews, I'm talking 3+M retention on each. You aren't going to get a better return on that cap space.
I would guess
Kane - 2 x 1sts + 1 great prospect or 2 good propects
Toews - 1st + 2nd + 2 good propects.
Even more if they take on a short term cap dump.

Keith is a tough call, if they try to trade him he might just retire. He's near the end of that contract where the salary has dropped significantly.

To everyone reading this thread: Their contracts are front loaded as well. They only earn 7 million with a 4-5 million dollar signing bonus over the next 3 years which probably can be ate for better picks

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Kane for Marner. Cap hits close enough. Chicago gets a cornerstone for the rebuild, and Toronto gets somewhere in the playoffs.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Toews @ ~$7.5-8M is a big add for a team

I'd be curious to see what other teams would give up for that player and contract

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
To everyone reading this thread: Their contracts are front loaded as well. They only earn 7 million with a 4-5 million dollar signing bonus over the next 3 years which probably can be ate for better picks
I'm guessing most real contenders are more concerned with cap hit than actual dollars (except maybe COL) but who knows these days.

Reactions: Chainshot

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Toews and Kane in Vegas would kind of make sense if they hadn't blown their budget on Pietrangelo and could shed Fleury and Pacioretty. They seem to be missing a high end finisher and a number one center.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Leafs would definitely want Murphy. I dont know how the Leafs would do it though tbh. They have the picks/prospects, I think, but in terms of the cap, I can't see it.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
if they hadn't blown their budget on Pietrangelo

I don't think they "blown" their Budget on Pietrangelo. He is a good signing and a lot of teams I think they rather have that, then 11.5 Panarin.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I feel like Kampf would be a good 4C option for the Habs. What would Chicago want for him?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I feel like Kampf would be a good 4C option for the Habs. What would Chicago want for him?

Pick or prospect

With Strome about to be signed and Wallmark signed for #4C spot Kampf is someone we can move on from

Thoughts on Demchenko for Kampf?

Demchenko is now blocked by Jake Allen so there is no path to NHL for him in Montreal but in Chicago he could very well be #1 goalie

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Leafs would definitely want Murphy. I dont know how the Leafs would do it though tbh. They have the picks/prospects, I think, but in terms of the cap, I can't see it.

To :hawks
LW Alexander Kerfoot
D Timothy Liljegren

To :leafs
D Connor Murphy

Hawks take on Kerfoot who's name has been out there in trade rumors all summer and pick up another young RD to plug into right side with Boqvist/Mitchell for this coming year

Keith-Boqvist
Zadorov-Mitchell
de Haan-Lilegren
(Seabrook)

All pairs have vet to pair with kid

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Toews and Kane in Vegas would kind of make sense if they hadn't blown their budget on Pietrangelo and could shed Fleury and Pacioretty. They seem to be missing a high end finisher and a number one center.
Seattle would might come to the table for futures. They would want big name talent to start selling merch and tickets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad