Rumor: Hawks/Rangers talking trade?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Sharp and Leddy for Staal and Brassard (picks and prospects as needed)? CHI upgrades their d while suffering a bit up fwd and vice-versa for us.

If the hawks could sign Brassard for $4m they'd save $625,000 on the cap.

If it's a smaller deal, like many on here I've been keen on Morin for a while

The thought of our second and third pairings after that makes me nauseous.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
The thought of our second and third pairings after that makes me nauseous.

Lets' see.... We get to the cup with defensive prowess and we are turning ourselves into what exactly?

I wonder if Sather thinks he can beat us in fantasy hockey?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Lets' see.... We get to the cup with defensive prowess and we are turning ourselves into what exactly?

I wonder if Sather thinks he can beat us in fantasy hockey?

I think the goal is to be good at nothing instead of being good at defense based on what lots of people around here want.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Trade for sharp and sign Ribiero and if we're lucky we may be able to catch lightning in a bottle.

Sharp - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Ribiero - MSL

If Ribiero can be a good boy that's a nasty top six.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I remain very shocked that people continue to think the Rangers would even entertain bringing in Ribiero.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I remain very shocked that people continue to think the Rangers would even entertain bringing in Ribiero.

No one has the first idea what he did wrong... so it's kind of hard to judge.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
If the Rangers were truly talking about Sharp I'm not sure what angle they take.

Sharp and Roszival for Girardi and Fast? I don't know. Too tough to see happening.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Yeah, there's no way this team is able to absorb Sharp unless they move a big contract in the deal. He's also a very average center, so nobody should count on him fitting in that spot. He's a LW.

If there's anything to it, I'd bet the team is kicking the tires on a guy like Morin or Hayes. Hayes wants NHL ice and the Rangers have a wide open spot.

SupersonicMonkey*

Kevin Hayes would be a good pick up.

The player i like the most in Chicago's sytem, however, is Adam Clendening.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I don't know much about Hayes but he definitely fills some needs for the team.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Phoenix brought in Ribeiro because he played well in Dallas under Tippett

His past track record with coach Dave Tippett in Dallas made the management and coaching staffs believe they could handle whatever issues arose, but a source told FOX Sports Arizona that Ribeiro was late for practices, missed meetings, missed buses and even engaged in a shouting match with Tippett in the locker room after a game in Colorado.

Where Ribeiro goes from here is anyone's guess. He did not return text messages sent Friday, but this clearly won't help his NHL career and could even spell the end of it. Maloney and LeBlanc both wished Ribeiro well and said, to Ribeiro's credit, he is seeking help for some of his issues.

http://msn.foxsports.com/arizona/story/coyotes-buy-out-ribeiro-citing-behavioral-problems-062714

Is Ribeiro in some NHL/NHLPA treatment program?

The Rangers don't need this guy and his issues.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Depending on whether the Rangers decide to move Staal--a better destination would seem to be Detroit. They need help on defense much more than the Blackhawks and they've got some nice young scoring forwards who have proven more than Morin and still come with pretty cheap cap hits. Just saying.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
If the Rangers were truly talking about Sharp I'm not sure what angle they take.

Sharp and Roszival for Girardi and Fast? I don't know. Too tough to see happening.

Girardi has a NMC and Rozsival is really old.

Ribiero would he like $1M. This guy in all likelihood will have to wait till training camp for an invite.

Good, let him go somehwhere else.

In your top 6 you had Sharp (5.9 cap hit for 3 more years, 32 years old), MSL, Nash, thats $20M in 3 players, then add Stepan's salary next season, $5M or so, Zucc wants $5M, Hagelin is an RFA next year, Staal is a UFA.

The salary cap exploded.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Depending on whether the Rangers decide to move Staal--a better destination would seem to be Detroit. They need help on defense much more than the Blackhawks and they've got some nice young scoring forwards who have proven more than Morin and still come with pretty cheap cap hits. Just saying.

That makes sense, but a deal with Detroit sounds too creative for Glen Sather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad