Rumor: Hawks/Rangers talking trade?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Sharp for Staal is a terrible move.

God, you guys are all desperate for us to be rash. I don't care about acquiring anyone else, I just want us to sign our god forsaken RFAs already, I can't wait all summer wondering what their contracts are going to be. That's my impatience.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Sharp for Staal is a terrible move.

God, you guys are all desperate for us to be rash. I don't care about acquiring anyone else, I just want us to sign our god forsaken RFAs already, I can't wait all summer wondering what their contracts are going to be. That's my impatience.

Unfortunately, we don't have enough forwards at the moment - unless you're pencilling in someone like Fast or Lindberg.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Could it be for the rights to Kevin Hayes?? Talk to him and his agent about there willingness to sign with the NYR and a spot on the roster?

Could be, rumor has it that Hayes is Calgary bound to play with Gaudreau and Arnold, his linemates from BC.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Hey guys my cat just told me it is Kane for Tanner Glass.

Glen Sather does it again.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
weird feeling, but I don't think all of our RFAs will be on the team next year... and I think Brassard would be the likely one to go in an upgade for a center.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
What "some cap space" do the Rangers have?

The Rangers have three players who filed for salary arbitration and another player who was not eligible. The Rangers also need to fill out the roster. 13 forwards. 7 D. 2 goaltenders. What made the Rangers a good team was their ability to play 4 lines and 3 D pairs on a consistent basis.

I love the bloggers and twitter people. The Rangers have $14M-$15M to play with. A large chunk of that will go towards those players. The rest will go towards filling out of roster which is not much money. The Rangers also need to leave some bucks to operate the team during the season.

Once Boyle signed that contract, all expectations of another major addition should have been ditched.

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
Good lord. Chicago is cap ****ed. They're not going to trade one of the cheapest guys on their roster.

aim2win

Feb 4, 2013
Potential Trades Article - Patrick Sharp

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/532784

"The recent signing of Brad Richards at center pushed Chicago into the precarious cap position, and his former team may be a good fit for Sharp; the New York Rangers' forward core has taken a hit in free agency with the losses of Brian Boyle and Benoit Pouliot, and the addition of Sharp would serve to keep the reigning Eastern Conference champions afloat."

5 potential trades that could happen this offseason:
-Evander Kane
-Vincent Lecavalier
-Patrick Sharp
-James Reimer
-Johnny Boychuk

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
sharp has 3 more years at 5.9 cap hit. he will be 35.5 when his contract expires. hes a right handed shot and can play wing and center although hes a better wing.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
sharp has 3 more years at 5.9 cap hit. he will be 35.5 when his contract expires. hes a right handed shot and can play wing and center although hes a better wing.

I'd take Sharp, but how can we afford him, and we need help at C, not wing if we're making a trade.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Time for a NHL2015 trades.

- Brassard and Fast for Oduya and Morin.
- Staal and Kristo for Thornton.
- Sign Winnik.

Kreider - Thornton - Nash
Hagelin - Stepan - MSL
Morin - Miller - Zucc
Winnik - D. Moore - Glass
R. Bourque (Hopefully Glass plays himself to Hartford fast)

McD - Girardi
Oduya - Boyle
J. Moore - Klein
Kostka

And back to reality...

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
How do the Rangers take on thst 6 mill cap hit? I see no way to get it done.

Morin would a great addition, but why would the Hawks give im up for what the Rangers have to offer?

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
What does taking on Sharp do for us? We're already cap('n)-crunched and Hawks fans have said over and over that Sharp has been underwhelming at C as opposed to W. There's a reason they signed Brad the slug Richards to be their 2C even with Sharp on the roster.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
This thread should just be closed, we're not getting Sharp, this is straight out of fantasy land. I'm going to start a twitter called "NHLLegitRumors" and start posting ******** like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad