Post-Game Talk: Hawks PK tested, but mostly stands in 3-1 victory over Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Nashville had 17 SOG in the 1st period, 11 in the last 2 periods combined and that was with multiple Preds PP's. Great effort the last 2 periods, Raanta solid yet again

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Somehow we managed to contain the budding superstar Stalberg and eck out a win against all odds. One goal against vs the Nashville Stalbergs, you gotta take those when you can get them because you know 90% of the time you cannot stop him, you can only contain him to three or four.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Refs were atrocious tonight. Weak calls on both sides, a blatantly missed goal that was overturned on replay, and that garbage penalty on Steeger.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Raanta has things he needs to work on but man is he getting better each time out. And somehow he is half of Crawford's size (eggs-agerating) but I am MUCH more confident on the long screen shots that Raanta will stop them than I am with CC.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Who wants to be the brave man who starts the "Keith will win the Norris AINEC" thread on the main board?

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Somehow we managed to contain the budding superstar Stalberg and eck out a win against all odds. One goal against vs the Nashville Stalbergs, you gotta take those when you can get them because you know 90% of the time you cannot stop him, you can only contain him to three or four.

lol loved it and I was a stalberg supporter

Nothingman*

Who wants to be the brave man who starts the "Keith will win the Norris AINEC" thread on the main board?

I think there are enough Hawk player threads. Let's wait until the next Karlsson one comes up and debate then. But Keith is playing extremely well this year.

member 151739

Now he has as many as Getzlaf and Getzlaf's point streak was snapped tonight too.

Just wish he would tie/pass Crosby one of these days. I was getting spoiled on those multi-point games I think.

I've been silently complaining about the same thing. I just want him to tie or pass him for five seconds so I can take a picture of it and post it on the main boards. :rant:

IndianHeadSweater

Nov 2, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Now he has as many as Getzlaf and Getzlaf's point streak was snapped tonight too.

Just wish he would tie/pass Crosby one of these days. I was getting spoiled on those multi-point games I think.
Yeah, well..

Kane will never be as good as Crosby, but he is a legitimately great player, and is clearly a top player this year. I'm happy with that.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
I would have done it, too, but they closed the other guy's Keith thread so quickly. No point.

Nobody on the main board knows how to form a sensible argument anyway.
Haha I saw that too. The main board is full of derp. I try to avoid it as much as I can, but it's too tempting some times.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Haha I saw that too. The main board is full of derp. I try to avoid it as much as I can, but it's too tempting some times.

Yeah. That thread produced a lot of entertainment though, mainly from all the opposing fan's tears (Ducks fans really don't like the Hawks for whatever reason). Me and TK decided before the terrible game in Toronto that if Kane got a few points that night, I'd post it.

Anyway! This was a hell of a boring game after the Hawks made it 3-1, but it's nice to get a win any day. Liked the way the team played defensively in the last two periods. Things have been trending up in that respect in the last two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad