Friedman: Hawks have made Dylan Strome available for trade

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
my guess is he is on the market because

a) He has priced himself out of the hawk budget
b) He has priced himself out of the hawk budget and they are trying to scare him into reducing is wage
c) He drank the last of the coffee and did not make new pit

Sundin92

Jan 25, 2020
ok ok

He is far from a perfect player agreed, hes a decent 2nd liner and most likely a 3rd line guy, hes a centre so that adds value, offensively he he ok not spectacular, Nylander is a comparable player, Strome has 15 more points than him last two seasons, both scream , meh Maybe Chicago would take a pick snd Nylander for Strome. Thats the kind of player your gonna get for Strome, so while i disagree that hes not good at hockey, i do agree that the return would be not much,

A third line centre is usually reserved for a guy that can not only contribute offence but has the ability to play checking game where he's matched up against the top forward of the other team. Strome is a bad play driver that gets carried around by great talent in the top six. He can't skate and can't hit while also doing nothing when he isn't scoring. This is the guy that puts up numbers on a bad team but doesn't elevate the team at all. Definition of empty stats. DUDE SUCKS

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
A third line centre is usually reserved for a guy that can not only contribute offence but has the ability to play checking game
where he's matched up against the top forward of the other team. Strome is a bad play driver that gets carried around by great talent in the
top six. He can't skate and can't hit while also doing nothing when he isn't scoring. This is the guy that puts up numbers on a bad team but
doesn't elevate the team at all. Definition of empty stats. DUDE SUCKS

Once again, false.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
You need to bring more than just saying false to every post. The other posters are correct. He doesn't provide enough value in either a top
6 or bottom 6 role. Non-stupid teams aren't giving an asset and then paying him

He's a top 6 center, that's it. Does he have his drawbacks yes he does. Is a bottom 6 center no he's not.
So show me how many teams wouldn't want Strome on a first or second line.
He makes no sense for Toronto. But other teams he's a fit. Don't care what you or sundin say. Hawks aren't giving him away for nothing. So does that work for you?

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
He's a top 6 center, that's it. Does he have his drawbacks yes he does. Is a bottom 6 center no he's not.
So show me how many teams wouldn't want Strome on a first or second line.
He makes no sense for Toronto. But other teams he's a fit. Don't care what you or sundin say. Hawks aren't giving him away for nothing. So does that work for you?
What playoff caliber team wants Strome as a 1 0r 2 C?

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Honestly baffled at the people on here still talking as if Strome is being made available. Friedman said he's not untouchable (you know, like most players in the league), but hasn't been made available. Thread title probably needs updating.

Reactions: Ciao

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Well then why keep chirping me then? Who says he will cost that much?
Well your wrong about you can't win with him, so probably time to move on.
Chirping? I'm trying to have a discussion. Why are you so defensive? I dont know how much he will cost. My guess is based on his stats being better than his actual impact on ice and on what others have made. feel free to correct if you think that guess is wrong. Im genuinely curious where the market for Strome is because I dont see it.

Reactions: mattihp

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
A third line centre is usually reserved for a guy that can not only contribute offence but has the ability to play checking game where he's matched up against the top forward of the other team. Strome is a bad play driver that gets carried around by great talent in the top six. He can't skate and can't hit while also doing nothing when he isn't scoring. This is the guy that puts up numbers on a bad team but doesn't elevate the team at all. Definition of empty stats. DUDE SUCKS
That’s not necessarily true. You can use an offensive 3rd and leave the matchups to your 1st line.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Chirping? I'm trying to have a discussion. Why are you so defensive? I dont know how much he will cost. My guess is based on
his stats being better than his actual impact on ice and on what others have made. feel free to correct if you think that guess is wrong. Im
genuinely curious where the market for Strome is because I dont see it.

Excuse me. Chirping is the wrong word. I apologize for that.
In general a discussion you aren't having. You don't have to like Strome, myself I'm not a huge fan. But your wrong about a playoff team not having him in the top 2 of their lines. Is he a guy you win because? I don't know. Is he a player who can win with? Yes without a doubt in my mind.
Plenty of teams would take him.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
K so the Hawks moved Teravainen(to move Bickells' contract) partially because they knew they had Schmaltz coming and also knew TT was gonna get paid...$5.4 million per

Then the Hawks moved Schmaltz for Strome(and Perlini) because they knew he was gonna get paid...$5.85 million per

So...now Stromes' turn to get paid, Hawks paid his goal scoring partner Debrincat, $6.4 million per, and have another European find in Kubalik(a la Panarin) to deal with...

The difference this time everyone is this...NHL salary cap is going down, I think players have to bite the bullet for one year, no way all these RFAs and UFAs get big bucks for they next upcoming season...

Chicago will qualify all their RFAs of interest, which Strome is one of, and the ownership of cap limits will fall on the players' agents to understand this...

I believe Strome will be a Hawk at the beginning of the 2020-21 season(whenever that happens) and remain a Hawk til when his short-term 1 yr deal comes closer to renewal. Maybe he'll use this and have a MONSTER season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad