Friedman: Hawks have made Dylan Strome available for trade

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think CHI needs to hold onto Strome, then. They seem to value him a lot...or at least some of them do. I'd rather have Domi anyday.

Reactions: themelkman

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
"Of course the Oilers would have to add more" than AA + Poolparty? then don't bother,
no firm evidence Strome has higher overall upside than AA (aside from younger),
so far, we only know Strome's a supplemental scoring F;
also Jesse may still be a productive top 9 wing
Jesse won’t be a productive NHL player in any role, his production in Liiga is below Ppg and he was on a loaded team, not to mention he is benefitting of the large ice surface that European leagues have more than most prospects.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Which NHL team have a 3C that average over 53 points per 82 games?

Suzuki at 20 was on pace for a 47 points season and he was pacing at a rate of 69 pts/82 games over the last 50 games.

Kotkaniemi is only 19. AHL PPG.

Poehling had a hard season. He’s still trending to be a good two way 3rd line center.

Domi posted a 72 points season as a centerman last year.

None of those guys are older than 27 years old. There’s no question marks at C. They just need to mature a little bit.

Wouldn't be the first time a guy saw an increase in production with ice time he wouldn't otherwise normally get.

On pace for isn't production until it materializes.

Kotkaniemi needs to show more still.

We'll see on Poehling.

I'm aware Domi posted that. He had a career year. Came back down to earth this year with a 50 pt pace though.

Reactions: ThatsSoSlavin

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
im a neutral fan in this one but what would chicago and NYR fans think of Strome for DeAngelo (apologies if someone already said it)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Wouldn't be the first time a guy saw an increase in production with ice time he wouldn't otherwise normally get.

On pace for isn't production until it materializes.

Kotkaniemi needs to show more still.

We'll see on Poehling.

I'm aware Domi posted that. He had a career year. Came back down to earth this year with a 50 pt pace though.

Danault had 53 points last season and was pacing for similar production this year. Those are pretty good numbers for a defensive #2 C.

Suzuki started the year on the 4th line with very limited ice-time. He worked his way up to #2 C and was pacing at 0.85 PPG over the last 49 games. He was also praised for his two way play all year. It’s not impossible to expect ~60 points from his next year. Not quite #1 C numbers but close enough.

Domi can at the very least get another 50 points while playing C.

Kotkaniemi and Poehling are both dark horses. We’ll see how they perform at training camp but it’s not impossible for one of them to establish themselves and produce right off the gate - Which would push Domi back to wing

While having 3 centers between 50-60 points is not an ideal situation, acquiring Strome - Who’s probably going to be around those numbers as well - and wasting premium or important assets to do so is completely irresponsible especially when you know you already have two relatively young, legit top 6 in your lineup and at least 2 guys (Kotkaniemi and Suzuki) with high-end potential developing and one (Poehling) with middle of the lineup floor/ceiling on its way as well.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
So pretty much anything good?
Not interested then, we're good. Strome w/1 decent season isn't worth any of our (5) Top6F, #1D prospect, #1Dman or #1C prospect.

Cholowski (former 1st rd. pick) & a late 2nd rounder would likely be the max offer from our front office. Besides you guys killed us on the Regula/Perlini dump trade.

Other options:
1. Lindstrom (who is likely in our Top6 D to start the season) is pretty solid defensively, was handling 18TOI by the time the season ended. RHS, good size & mobility, smart, & poised. I'd hate to give him up more than Cholowski who brings PP/transition/offense, but needs D work in Grand Rapids.

2. Rasmussen is another, former 1st rd. pick hulking 6'6" 230/net front beast/strong work ethic, our "captain serious" guy. C prospect, should make the team sometime next season.

3. If, but actually when Svechnikov rehabs completely, he'll have top6F upside, good shot, gets in traffic, big, great attitude & work ethic etc. Another former 1st rd. pick.

4. Taro Hirose diminutive F, very smart, excellent playmaker/vision & PP weapon. Great attitude.

Don't wanna trade Berggren, Tuomisto, Johansson, too soon to tell with any of them, but they're progressing nicely.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Buffalo would obviously be interested, though I don't know how much they'd be willing/able to pay. They aren't moving their 2020 1st (top 10) or Cozens. Mittelstadt+ or a D prospect could work. Or maybe even move out Risto/Montour for futures and flip those for Strome.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Buffalo would obviously be interested, though I don't know how much they'd be willing/able to pay. They aren't moving their 2020 1st (top 10) or Cozens. Mittelstadt+ or a D prospect could work. Or maybe even move out Risto/Montour for futures and flip those for Strome.
Middlestadt and Montour?

I'd start the conversation with Cozens because I really like him, but realize that they're probably saying no. What would the Hawks have to add to Strome to get Cozens?

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Danault had 53 points last season and was pacing for similar production this year. Those are pretty good numbers for a defensive #2 C.

Suzuki started the year on the 4th line with very limited ice-time. He worked his way up to #2 C and was pacing at 0.85 PPG over the last 49 games. He was also praised for his two way play all year. It’s not impossible to expect ~60 points from his next year. Not quite #1 C numbers but close enough.

Kotkaniemi and Poehling are both dark horses. We’ll see how they perform at training camp but it’s not impossible for one of them to establish themselves and produce right off the gate - Which would push Domi back to wing

While having 3 centers between 50-60 points is not an ideal situation, acquiring Strome - Who’s probably going to be around those numbers as well - and wasting premium or important assets to do so is completely irresponsible especially when you know you already have two relatively young, legit top 6 in your lineup and at least 2 guys (Kotkaniemi and Suzuki) with high-end potential developing and one (Poehling) with middle of the lineup floor/ceiling on its way as well.

Temember how kotka was going to get 60 this year? One year doesn’t mean anything, so who is to say Suzuki doesn’t get 30 points next year? I’d take strome over kotka but not Suzuki personally

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018

Temember how kotka was going to get 60 this year? One year doesn’t mean anything, so who is to say Suzuki doesn’t get 30 points next year? I’d take strome over kotka but not Suzuki personally, problem is I’m not sure he’d mesh with MTL’s style of play well

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Temember how kotka was going to get 60 this year? One year doesn’t mean anything, so who is to say Suzuki doesn’t get 30 points next year? I’d take strome over kotka but not Suzuki personally

Nah the expectations were ~50 points for Kotkaniemi this year. 3 big injuries didn’t help either and he still managed to put a PPG pace in the A at 19 years old. He will be fine.

Suzuki started the first ~20 games on the 4th line and worked his way up the lineup. He managed 0.85 PPG over the last 49 games of the season. You never know how he will perform next year but him reaching 60 points on a full season is what pretty everyone expect*

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Middlestadt and Montour?

I'd start the conversation with Cozens because I really like him, but realize that they're probably saying no. What would the Hawks have to add to Strome to get Cozens?

Hawks aren't adding anything to get cozens. And a package of montour and middlestadt is a no thanks from me.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Buffalo would obviously be interested, though I don't know how much they'd be willing/able to pay. They aren't moving their 2020 1st (top 10) or
Cozens. Mittelstadt+ or a D prospect could work. Or maybe even move out Risto/Montour for futures and flip those for Strome.

No thanks, then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad