Friedman: Hawks have made Dylan Strome available for trade

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I could see Dubas being interested, Spezza is old and will need to replaced soon, and Strome is young enough that in 5 years when Tavares isn't Tavares anymore Strome can be the #2 center as he looks to be developing into that now.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I could see Dubas being interested, Spezza is old and will need to replaced soon, and Strome is young enough that in 5 years when Tavares isn't Tavares anymore Strome can be the #2 center as he looks to be developing into that now.
Dubas would be insane. A slow, defensively challenged C, who will want money after coming off his ELC, is the last thing the Leafs need.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I’ve seen this offer a couple times and from a Blackhawks perspective this has got be an overpayment from the Rangers, right? Is there something about deangelo I’m missing?
No, Rangers right side defence is all but set for the foreseeable future with Trouba and Fox. Rangers have made a financial commitment to Trouba and Fox is younger and better.
it’s likely an overpayment but DeAngelo is the likely odd man out in New York so they’ll likely trade from a position of strength (Right shot D-men) in order to get a similar aged/younger forward in return.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
No, Rangers right side defence is all but set for the foreseeable future with Trouba and Fox. Rangers have made a financial commitment to Trouba and Fox is younger and better.
it’s likely an overpayment but DeAngelo is the likely odd man out in New York so they’ll likely trade from a position of strength (Right shot D-men) in order to get a similar aged/younger forward in return.
The right side having great depth doesn't mean DeAngelo for Strome is an even trade. I wouldn't consider it honestly.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Thats very generous of you to offer the Rangers to take a bad value deal because of personnel reasons, but I don't think any GM thinks this way. Teams try to maximize value. If DeAngelo has more value than Strome, and he definitely does, it's going to cost more than Strome to trade for DeAngelo.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I’ve seen this offer a couple times and from a Blackhawks perspective this has got be an overpayment from the Rangers, right? Is there something about deangelo I’m missing?

Maybe selling high? His breakout reminds me of Gustafsson, although Gus was 2 years older during his 17 goal, 60 point season. I think DeAngelo is very good offensively but I don't think he's suddenly going to turn into Shea Weber and be a consistent 15+ goal scorer from the backend either. With that said, he is the better player.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
This guy had some insane comparisons from the draft

I'll bet he'll be able to live off his OHL scoring totals, and draft position pedigree in his valuation around the league for awhile.

Reactions: Ciao

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Maybe selling high? His breakout reminds me of Gustafsson, although Gus was 2 years older during his 17 goal, 60 point season. I think DeAngelo is very good offensively but I don't think he's suddenly going to turn into Shea Weber and be a consistent 15+ goal scorer from the backend either. With that said, he is the better player.

On a team with Trouba (a 50 point scorer in the NHL) and Fox (a player with a great offensive reputation), DeAngelo is our most talented offensive defenseman. He's significantly more talented offensively than Trouba.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Dubas would be insane. A slow, defensively challenged C, who will want money after coming off his ELC, is the last thing the Leafs need.

I think Strome would be out of Torontos price point, salary wise, last 2 seasons he has 15 more points than Nylander, would Chicago take Nylander in a trade, Nylander and a late pick perhaps.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
ok ok
Dylan strome is not a good Hockey player

He is far from a perfect player agreed, hes a decent 2nd liner and most likely a 3rd line guy, hes a centre so that adds value, offensively he he ok not spectacular, Nylander is a comparable player, Strome has 15 more points than him last two seasons, both scream , meh Maybe Chicago would take a pick snd Nylander for Strome. Thats the kind of player your gonna get for Strome, so while i disagree that hes not good at hockey, i do agree that the return would be not much,

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
I think Strome would be out of Torontos price point, salary wise, last 2 seasons he has 15 more points than Nylander, would Chicago take Nylander in a trade, Nylander and a late pick perhaps.

Leafs wouldn't do that, Nylander is basically a lock for 60 plus points (had 59 in 68 games this year) and he has great chemistry with both our top centers. Strome to the Leafs isn't happening

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Leafs wouldn't do that, Nylander is basically a lock for 60 plus points (had 59 in 68 games this year) and he has great chemistry with both our top centers. Strome to the Leafs isn't happening

A lock, Hmm both same age and Strome has outscored him last two yrs, i just mentioned Nylander as a comparable but you could take any 2-3rd liner who can score, every team in nhl has those guys, my point was you ain’t getting much for Strome in trade, it would be a guy like Nylander

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
A lock, Hmm both same age and Strome has outscored him last two yrs, i just mentioned Nylander as a comparable but you could take any 2-3rd liner who can score, every team in nhl has those guys, my point was you ain’t getting much for Strome in trade, it would be a guy like Nylander

Nylander missed the first 2 months last year from a contract dispute lol. Despite that he has more goals this year than Strome has the past 2 years combined. Also, he scored 60 points in the 2 season before Strome was even in the league

Reactions: uncleben

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Just wondering why you are focused on "2 years". Why didn't you say "last 3 seasons" or "this season"?

We know the answer.

Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad