Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
It would be fine if some of the usual suspects weren't dead serious about criticizing his masculinity.

Like, I don't think Trouba is actually dumb. You guys know that, right? I have no problem with the person.

I feel the Mika stuff leaves kayfabe with some people. It's a minority but it really bothers me when it happens. He's given us a lot.
Yeah but is the feud between GoAwayPanarin and kovazub94 a work or a shoot?

• Haha
Reactions: Harbour Dog

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I think they’ll win a game.

If Dallas takes a bunch of penalties it can get interesting plus I haven’t really liked what I’ve seen from Oettinger at all. Even in games where he’s done well he looks really uncomfortable.
I could see this going 6 or 7. Oettinger has been a complete wild card & more shaky than steady. If McDavid starts to score some goals & Edm can play defense the way the did in Games. 6 & 7, I think they can push it to the limit.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
they can't defend worth shit and barely beat Vancouver with their 3rd string goalie. They are going to get pounded by Dallas although I hope it goes 7 and Kane does some dumb shit to someone

They allowed 4 more goals all year than Dallas did and 7 less than Dallas at 5v5. Their defense is fine. This is an outdated take. The only team in the league with a better 5v5 CA60 than Edmonton was Carolina.

Reactions: Kerberos

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
They allowed 4 more goals all year than Dallas did and 7 less than Dallas at 5v5. Their defense is fine. This is an outdated take. The only team in the league with a better 5v5 CA60 than Edmonton was Carolina.
As a Rangers fan, I'd still want the Oilers in a potential finals matchup over the Stars. Oilers depth and goaltending is inferior to the Stars.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
As a Rangers fan, I'd still want the Oilers in a potential finals matchup over the Stars. Oilers depth and goaltending is inferior to the Stars.

I would prefer Dallas because we want the series to have a lot of special teams and we have a much smaller advantage there against Edmonton than against Dallas.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Be careful what you wish for...I recall walking out of MSG after beating the Devils in Game 7 of the 1st round in '92. Fans were thrilled we weren't facing the Caps (who beat us in the previous 2 playoffs) screaming We Want Mario!!!. I was like, no we don't.

Narrator: They really didn't.

Even though Mario only played a game & a half before Graves broke his hand, Jagr picked up the slack and made our lives hell. The bottom lines is when facing 2 of the best players in the world on the same team, things can go sideways in a hurry. I'm just rooting for the west to go 7 rough & tumble games. If we take care of our own business & beat Florida, I'll worry about the West winner in 2 weeks.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
they can't defend worth shit and barely beat Vancouver with their 3rd string goalie. They are going to get pounded by Dallas although I hope it goes 7 and Kane does some dumb shit to someone
This is old news.

Edmonton was 9th in expected goals against and 7th in shots against.

Their defense has been fantastic in the playoffs. Vancouver took just 21 shots per game against them.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
This is lame. There should be a league wide trade moratorium until the playoffs conclude. Not saying it's realistic, but McDonagh would be a decent Lindgren replacement for a year or two, yet we had no chance to negotiate with Nashville because we're still playing.
6.7m for 2 yrs more and he's 35 in a month
I'd love him for the 3rd pair tho! ))) I'll get my coat...

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Getting it done early does seem like it'd make life easier for the player, but yeah, trades mid-playoffs feel lame.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
6.7m for 2 yrs more and he's 35 in a month
I'd love him for the 3rd pair tho! ))) I'll get my coat...
I didn't realize he was still playing at full freight, I thought there was some salary retained along the way.

Regardless, trades during the playoffs are a bad look & seems unfair.

Reactions: tlk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad