Hawks Fire Quenneville, Dineen, and Samuelsson. Jeremy Colliton Named New HC

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Outside of St.Louis what other team would be willing to go after him hard? LA?Anaheim?

Buffalo should go after him but they likely won't because they are above .500 right now but if they were smart, you go and get a HHOF coach when he's available.

They missed out on Babcock, didn't want or inquire about Julien for some reason. Quenneville is better than both IMO.

Getting him would be an amazing get for them.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
This feels like when Boston fired Julien. Possibly a good move for the organization but he'll get picked up very quickly by another team.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Buffalo should go after him but they likely won't because they are above .500 right now.

Yup. the kind of youth sabres have; Q will be a good fit there. But its a good thing they wont do this and Q stays away from Atlantic Division :laugh:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Once again I would've been very bad at the "predict which coach gets fired" game.

On the upside, at least Ulf Samuelsson is out of a job. f*** that guy.

Reactions: double5son10

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Outside of St.Louis what other team would be willing to go after him hard? LA?Anaheim?

I think Quennville should sit out the season if he wants to contend again. Guys fired around now will be fired because they're coaching underperforming regular season teams. Guys fired in April will be fired because they're coaching underperforming post-season teams that cruised through the regular season. If I'm Quennville I'm looking at a Boudreau, DeBoer or Babcock and smelling blood in the water.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If the Oilers would smart they'd clean house and let their new GM hire Q.

TM was on the hot seat earlier IMO but that comeback against Winnipeg and their play after that should save his job for this season at least. Can't see the Oilers making any changes.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think Quennville should sit out the season if he wants to contend again.

That would be a smart move. Don't rush into it, you're getting paid regardless.

Teams like the Oilers, Sabres etc would know where they are at the end of the season and if they weren't successful he could join a team with the best player in the world or a team with Eichel and Dahlin + other young talents.

You don't get many chances to coach a player like McDavid very often, especially in his prime.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
TM was on the hot seat earlier IMO but that comeback against Winnipeg and their play after that should save his job for this season at least. Can't see the Oilers making any changes.
McDavid has the power to mask a lot of weaknesses. He's the only reason most of the people in the Oilers' front office are still employed.

Well, that and rampant nepotism and a fanboy owner.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Hypothetically thinking suppose Oilers dont make the playoffs or get ousted in the 1st round and then TM gets fired; by that time Q would be employed by someone else; and oilers would not have a quality coach available.

Tough decisions should be made IMO.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Will he be employed by the end of the day?

He should've been employed before you hit send this post

Who knows about Colliton. Maybe he'll be a great coach and maybe he'll be great from day 1. I just don't think it was time yet to scrap Quenneville. He had another run left with the Hawks and he earned the right to have another kick at the can there

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
The Hawks aren't even a a bad team, merely average, and I'm not sure coaching is to blame. They're just entering the downturn of a core's life cycle, similar to the Wings circa 2012.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad