Hawks Fire Quenneville, Dineen, and Samuelsson. Jeremy Colliton Named New HC

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
I wish the Flyers would fire Hakstol and hire him... I know that's not happening.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
If you watched any hockey show concerning the hawks you had to know it was coming, I thought not during the season. Have to think he will go to another team shortly, Q is too competitive to sit out to weigh his options.

Is it possible they waited out LA to make sure they didn't nab coach Q?

Maybe LA will try to make a push and have Willy assist or the obvious choice is St. Louis. Yeo out and Q in. My dark horse is Buffalo, Housley is alright but Q could really get that team in the right direction.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
When was the last time a team fired a coach midseason to hire another fired coach? Montreal firing Therrien for Julien?
No coaches were fired last season, so the last time it happened yes was the season before. That doesn't strike me as a super rare event.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Thats fair. I just think this mess is more on Petes hand than it is Todds, and Todd might not be the right guy, i just wouldnt want a gm thats probably on the hot seat making that call
The Oilers' mess is absolutely Chiarelli's fault. McLellan isn't a great coach by any means but I doubt he wants to play Lucic and a slew of crap wingers...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Here. It's not the only comment like that I've read, and it's been going on for a few years.

You can say all you want about depth this, depth that. Fact is they are above average in 5v5 scoring and god awful on special teams. No PP with Kane, DeBrincat, Toews, Schmaltz on a unit should be near the bottom. And its not an abberation. He’s mismanged the roster going back to 2015 and refuses to adapt to the new NHL. Manning, Kunitz, Ward etc are his guys and they completely suck but always player regardless. Kempny was ran out of town by Q. Kempny himself basically implied Q ruined his confidence and almost caused him to leave the NHL. Good riddence

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
No hawks fans give a **** if he goes to STL. We believe in JC and Q has been trash for a while.

absurd comment,

eventually things get stale and a change is needed.
It doesnt mean the coach is trash.

Its very naive to think sports people are simply robots capable of maintaining the same level without dips and forks in the road.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Despite being a team for nearly a century and playing many seasons with just 6 teams in the league...Q has won as many Cups with the Blackhawks as every other head coach in Blackhawks history combined.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You can say all you want about depth this, depth that. Fact is they are above average in 5v5 scoring and god awful on special teams. No PP with Kane, DeBrincat, Toews, Schmaltz on a unit should be near the bottom. And its not an abberation. He’s mismanged the roster going back to 2015 and refuses to adapt to the new NHL. Manning, Kunitz, Ward etc are his guys and they completely suck but always player regardless. Kempny was ran out of town by Q. Kempny himself basically implied Q ruined his confidence and almost caused him to leave the NHL. Good riddence

Replace those names with McDavid, Draisatl, Klefbom, and Nugent-Hopkins and you get the worst PP in the league last year...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
absurd comment,

eventually things get stale and a change is needed.
It doesnt mean the coach is trash.

Its very naive to think sports people are simply robots capable of maintaining the same level without dips and forks in the road.

Couldn’t care less if he goes back to the Blues...

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Why isn't Bowman fired? I don't know how you get away with not being able to get good returns for Hjalmarsson and Panarin.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I do not understand these firings of Stevens and Quenneville. If they were that unsure of him as the coach, why did they even begin the season as coaches?

We aren't even through about 20% of the season so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad