Hawks Fire Quenneville, Dineen, and Samuelsson. Jeremy Colliton Named New HC

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Say hello to the next coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning if Cooper doesnt get it done this year.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Say hello to the next coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning if Cooper doesnt get it done this year.

Bold of you to assume Quenneville wont be a head coach in, like, a week.

He's the kind of coach teams change their plans to hire. I can see St. Louis, Florida (Tallon connection), Philly, etc. changing their plans right now if they can get him on board.

Reactions: Riptide and BHD

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Bowman should’ve gone before Quenneville or at least resigned at the same time.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
I do not understand these firings of Stevens and Quenneville. If they were that unsure of him as the coach, why did they even begin the season as coaches?

We aren't even through about 20% of the season so far.

as a flyer fan, I can say Stevens isn;t the man for the job.

Probably acceptable on a rebuilding team but he's not good for a contending team.

LA corrected a mistake in hiring him.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB

He's the kind of coach teams change their plans to hire. I can see St. Louis, Florida (Tallon connection), Philly, etc. changing their plans right now if they can get him on board.

St. Louis is interesting. Would Tallon be allowed to pick another coach?

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

What's the rush? Why wouldnt he wait till the offseason to weigh all his options?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Awful special teams, forcing his team to play an 8 minute PK last game because he never sent someone to serve the game misconduct penalty. What else....

3 cups after years of attendance below 12,000.

But yeah, his special teams is suspect especially in the last game :rolleyes:

Reactions: magnumpi

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not remotely shocked. The time had come, all coaches have a shelf life.

Best of luck to Q. Only question is if he gets picked up immediately or if he decides to wait for the offseason and have a bigger choice on where he wants to go.

Reactions: thesaadfather

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
A squad like the Lightning's might make him want to wait it out till the offseason.

Maybe he waits to see which good team falls short and signs with them at the end of the season but hard to wait around I would think. Im sure multiple teams will line up to throw money at him.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
What's the rush? Why wouldnt he wait till the offseason to weigh all his options?

He may want to coach sooner. He may get a really good offer money/situation-wise. May like the people he'd work with.

Coaches with Quenneville's CV aren't available often. Hell, Montreal nabbed Julien a week after Boston fired him. And they weren't the only team interested. Mid-season. And Quenneville is a better regarded coach.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Seeing him behind the Blues bench would get me rock hard...and if Army was then able to replace Jake, I think...I think....ahhhhh :confused::amazed::eek::silly::phew:

Reactions: Lancer

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I imagine that the Flyers, Blues, Oilers, and several other teams are preparing some eye-popping offers as we speak.

Can't imagine he's not employed by the end of the week, unless he wants a bit of a break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad