GDT: Hawks @ Ducks 2 PM - The Euro Friendly Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
People claimed shootouts were nothing but skill competitions but how is a 3v3 any different? They're nothing but trading breakaways and 2 on 1s. There's no strategy or defense that goes into it.

Thank God I have leftover ham from yesterday. It's the only thing that can cure my soul after that debacle.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
I think someone said it before on here but it bears repeating that Yzerman was a failure as a leader until he was like 32. There's still time and no one should be giving up on Getzlaf at this point.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Seemed that Hagelin and Lindholm got crossed up on that one, but are there ever clear defensive schemes or assignments in this 3v3 gimmick?

3v3 is still rubbish.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

image.jpg

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
If the players are empty and joyless they need to look at themselves. They are finding ways to lose, the sign of a bad hockey team. Until they care enough to look inside themselves and make the changes that need to be changed this is going to be the result.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Haven't not followed the team this wast week, I really have some empathy for getzlaf there. That was a pretty weak weak wack and some huge embellishment by shaw. Until I watch the full game and can't be as harsh on getzlaf.

When waking off the ice, I really didn't like what I saw from getzlaf. His body language looks like it is all getting to him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
worst game I've ever been too, the team was awful and even tho they were winning 2-0 they were not doing much. Getzlaf needs to get his head out of his ass he has been arguably our worst player with the exception of 1-2 games. They need to do something make a big trade to light a spark under some players .... Our leadership is god awful we look like the oilers when they get rattled they just fall apart.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
So typical. Captain takes a dumb penalty that makes it 2-1 then Gibson gives up a short side softie. This team keeps finding new ways to disappoint.

On the plus side, I thought that was Lindholm's strongest game of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad