GDT: Hawks @ Caps WINTER CLASSIC | 1/1/15 | 1:00 EST | NBC/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evergreen

The first penalty always expires when there is a goal

Wait was there a second penalty called in addition to the slash? I thought there was just the slash so I thought that would have been canceled out by the goal.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Wait was there a second penalty called in addition to the slash? I thought there was just the slash so I thought that would have been canceled out by the goal.

Toews was in the box. That penalty is removed and the new one is added on a delayed penalty.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
The better team won today, after being shackled with calls all game while the other team was given the blind eye until the end. The Caps are going to celebrate any way they want because its a big event and they fought through all the ******** today to pull it off.

The hawks would've celebrated the exact same way even after being gifted all day.

Red Dread

Oct 19, 2011
Maryland
Despite the overall questionable officiating, no one can deny that this was a good, exciting game. It was even for the most part, and I for one liked it. Anticlimactic ending, though.

Buzzo

Oct 5, 2009
Meanwhile we'll pretend like the captain of the Caps didn't spend the closing seconds of that powerplay with his arms in the air gawking at the ref looking for a call...a call that was already being made...

Say what you want about Toews but I've never seen him take himself out of the play to whine about a call like Ovechkin did.

I didn't see anything wrong with what Toews did but I think there's a difference between throwing your hands up and looking at the ref as a reaction to a clear penalty and skating over to him afterwards to complain about a call.

I think Ovechkin's stick being broken took him out of the play a little more than throwing his hands up "to whine about a call". The play ended with a goal a second later so to say he took himself out of the play is a stretch. Do you really think he would have continued to skate around with his hands up instead of throwing hits or screening the goalie?

Fans of both teams really making fools of themselves in this thread.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
...more than the 09 jerseys that you referenced in your very own post...

Alright, it seems you missed the point entirely.

The Blackhawks have made jerseys different than their standard set and had success with it, so there is no reason to think that doing more of the same (as in going more out of the box) wouldn't succeed.

Of course these current ones will sell more. How popular are the Blackhawks now compared to 2009? That has nothing to do with the point I was making.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Meanwhile we'll pretend like the captain of the Caps didn't spend the closing seconds of that powerplay with his arms in the air gawking at the ref looking for a call...a call that was already being made...

Say what you want about Toews but I've never seen him take himself out of the play to whine about a call like Ovechkin did.

Oddly enough, I think it was partially Ovechkin's throwing his arms up and yelling that distracted Crawford. lol. Ovechkin didn't "take himself out of the play", and almost every player in the league makes a huge effort to let the refs know when their stick has been broken.

That said, those Capital Jerseys are ugly.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Any more discussions about other teams fans or "you mad" posts will have the poster infracted and removed from the thread entirely.

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
The better team won today, after being shackled with calls all game while the other team was given the blind eye until the end. The Caps are going to celebrate any way they want because its a big event and they fought through all the ******** today to pull it off.

The hawks would've celebrated the exact same way even after being gifted all day.

Better team? Really. Shackled? That one PP goal really shackled em.

If the Caps played as disciplined as the Hawks they'd stay out of the box.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Anyone would complain to the refs after a bad call that costed the game. You people are ridiculous

So all of the Caps penalties were well deserved but the minute the Hawks get one it's a "Bad call"

Hawks had plenty of chances. CBC sure thouht Toews wasa martyr.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I didn't see anything wrong with what Toews did but I think there's a difference between throwing your hands up and looking at the ref as a reaction to a clear penalty and skating over to him afterwards to complain about a call.

I think Ovechkin's stick being broken took him out of the play a little more than throwing his hands up "to whine about a call". The play ended with a goal a second later so to say he took himself out of the play is a stretch. Do you really think he would have continued to skate around with his hands up instead of throwing hits or screening the goalie?

Fans of both teams really making fools of themselves in this thread.

truth? Ov yelling and throwing up his hands while Brouwer is teeing up right behind him had to have gotten Crawford's attention. No coincidence that shot went in.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO

Being on the PK for 2/3 of the 2nd period didn't shackle them?

I know your team is on the PP a lot ALL THE TIME but the concept that being a man down hurts a team isn't really that hard to comprehend.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan

The Capitals were already on a PP. It was a call on Toews and it's the one that he was complaining about ... not the slash. Well, unless he was complaining about that as well :sarcasm:

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
Being on the PK for 2/3 of the 2nd period didn't shackle them?

I know your team is on the PP a lot ALL THE TIME but the concept that being a man down hurts a team isn't really that hard to comprehend.

Hawks speed draws penalties and their discipline keeps them out of the box. This is nothing new. Don't commit penalties and you won't be on the PK.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia

being down a man the entire 2nd period matters you know, can't help that the Caps special teams dominated the Hawks. Better team won :handclap:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yeah, why is that Ovechkin gif being shown? It proves nothing, nor does it add anything to the thread.

And yes, that was a ******** call on Toews, but after what Shaw pulled, it evens out. Still would've rather seen Shaw in the box, maybe remind him that tripping is a penalty, but I digress.

All I know is that Crow should've had that one. He's been awful since his return from his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad