GDT: Hawks @ Blues "Shocking Confession Edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
If the Blues do push through the Blackhawks in the playoffs this year, there's going to be an all you can eat buffet of crow served on this forum.

Luckily I'm on a red-meat only diet. :laugh:

Seriously, this team doesn't need much. Get a few guys back, make a trade or two, get back to forechecking like mad (we may have more skill this season, but we're still not a "skill" team) and we're there.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
If Kings miss the playoffs and the Blues eliminate the Hawks in the first round, I don't think there's much that can stop this team after that.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
If Kings miss the playoffs and the Blues eliminate the Hawks in the first round, I don't think there's much that can stop this team after that.

in the west, nashville or anaheim could stop them. id rather play anaheim than nashville because the ducks dont have rinne but chances will be that the blues will have go through all 3 (hawks/preds/ducks) to reach the finals. ofcourse all of this is pointless as we wont even get by chicago.

in the east the rangers or wings would be who I wouldnt want to play

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
We really missed Lehtera this game. The biggest difference in the 3rd was that we lost all of the important faceoffs and couldn't get solid offensive zone possession because of it. Also, welcome back RR10 after his month long break while the Blues were winning.

Nicklin3011*

How did the refs win? Carcillo and Ott both dropped them at the same time. The instigator penalty should only be enforced if one party absolutely doesn't want to fight and gets jumped. Thats not what happened here and Chicago doesn't get many penalties called on them because they have the puck usually and are well coached. I dont know what is so difficult for people to understand about that? Sure, they may get away with some stuff, but so does everyone over the course of a full season. It all works it self out in the end. Chicago is probably the better team because of their ability to beat you 9-3 or turn into a dump and chase game and grind out a 3-2 win. I still believe what Eddie O said last year about STL. They just don't have the pop Chicago has in all 4 of it's lines to win a long series.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
How did the refs win? Carcillo and Ott both dropped them at the same time. The instigator penalty should only be enforced if one party absolutely doesn't want to fight and gets jumped. Thats not what happened here and Chicago doesn't get many penalties called on them because they have the puck usually and are well coached. I dont know what is so difficult for people to understand about that? Sure, they may get away with some stuff, but so does everyone over the course of a full season. It all works it self out in the end. Chicago is probably the better team because of their ability to beat you 9-3 or turn into a dump and chase game and grind out a 3-2 win. I still believe what Eddie O said last year about STL. They just don't have the pop Chicago has in all 4 of it's lines to win a long series.

it's only one guy in here spouting off about the refs. the rest of us understand that they are not to blame at all for this loss

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
It seems that lately Chicago always gets that clutch PP goal against us late in the game that we can never recover from. Am I the only one that has noticed this?

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

keep defending garys zebras :laugh:.

either enforce the rule or get rid of it but dont have it and not use it. that is a clear instigator and ive seen it called on much LESS than that, just like i saw many hooks today that were WORSE than what jbo got called for

the refs always have a team in red they pull for, the 90s it was the wings and post lockout its the hawks. i wonder what 2 teams play in alot of outdoor games again :laugh::laugh::handclap:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

Umm...What?

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
it's only one guy in here spouting off about the refs. the rest of us understand that they are not to blame at all for this loss

if you talk about me, yes I mentioned the refs and I still think they didn't do a very good job but no, I don't blame them for the loss. not one bit. I already mentioned that.

that beeing said I think we already had better games against a better Hawks team with worse reffing.

edit: without having that much knowledge of the rules I still think if a guy is forcing another player to fight after a clean hit he should get the instigator.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
if you talk about me, yes I mentioned the refs and I still think they didn't do a very good job but no, I don't blame them for the loss. not one bit. I already mentioned that.

that beeing said I think we already had better games against a better Hawks team with worse reffing.

no i'm not talking about you don't worry haha. see 3 posts above yours

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
We really missed Lehtera this game. The biggest difference in the 3rd was that we lost all of the important faceoffs and couldn't get solid offensive zone possession because of it. Also, welcome back RR10 after his month long break while the Blues were winning.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:handclap:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If the Blues do push through the Blackhawks in the playoffs this year, there's going to be an all you can eat buffet of crow served on this forum.
And what about if we lose again?

Other random thoughts:

It is frustrating that our top defensive pairing can't even hit the net. Gosh missing Shattenkirk is going to be brutal.

I was a big fan of the Bouwmeester trade but geeze this guy's decision making in the offensive zone makes me want to put freakin Lindstrom in his spot on defense. Stop attempting a slap pass or a deflect off the boards. It NEVER works. EVER. Just put the puck on the damn net.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Truth is Shattenkirk is a big factor, wish we could easily best them either way with or without him but come playoffs hopefully we are healthy.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Thank the lord we didn't trade Shattenkirk for a center or anything like that last season.

Pietrangelo is a good player but Shattenkirk is just on a different level offensively.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Have the wheels come off the wagon yet? I see some long lost friends have returned too. Joy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA