GDT: Hawks @ Blues "Shocking Confession Edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
These last 2 minutes is some of the most pathetic hockey I have ever seen. Zero urgency, no fight back at all.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Not even coming close to blaming one player but Paul Stastny has been pretty much invisible which isn't accepable in a game like this.

You're playing with the two best forwards on the team, I just don't get how you don't make more of an impact.

The Blues played okay but they come up short AGAIN. Yawn.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Tarasenko shows absolutely no urgency in the defensive zone. I don't care if it's the end of his shift, move your legs.

RR10*

Another first round exit. Nashville won't look back. There is no way the Blues can beat this team over 7 games. No ****ing way.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Just zero urgency whatsoever. Don't deserve to tie this

That was by far the most frustrating part of the game.

Overall, we played okay. If we had got the call in the third, we could have won this. That's not to blame the referee, just that the margins were pretty thin today.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
honestly other than the last 2 minutes, I had no problem with how the Blues played today. It was a fun hockey game and a couple key errors did them in.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
<shrug>

Blackhawks looked just as mediocre, and they weren't missing their second best center and their second best defenseman.
Missing those guys does absolutely suck but damn I hate the excuses. The Blackhawks are just better whether they are in the lineup or not.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
In a way, I'm kind of glad we lost. Maybe Armstrong will get the message: we need another scoring winger (yes, we had injuries, still).

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Just zero urgency whatsoever. Don't deserve to tie this
Once Pietrangelo left the ice and the Blues lost possession of the puck, they just weren't able to get it back. Butler screwed up a breakout, and that was 30 seconds gone right there.

Don't really think it was an urgency issue in the sense that the Blues didn't care/try. Anytime you're chasing the puck, you just look pretty ineffective.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
The Blues just gave up after that 3rd goal. They entered the 3rd period looking to make it overtime instead of winning the game. That is just unacceptable at the NHL level and I hope Hitch bag skates them tomorrow because they sure as hell didn't skate hard in the 3rd. Honestly that 3rd period was far more embarrassing than the Jackets game.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
This is what the playoffs will look like. There is no way the Blues can beat this team over 7 games. No ****ing way.

i agree and its going to be very hard for this team to score when they pass up so many shots on odd man rushes and when the refs refuse to call obvious penalties. people can say whatever they want but the game changed IMO when the they didnt give carcillo a instigator after he jumped in and dropped the gloves with ott. why have a rule if you wont enforce it?

only hawks penalty wasnt even a subjective call and even then the linesman was almost sweet talked out of it by Toews :laugh:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
In a way, I'm kind of glad we lost. Maybe Armstrong will get the message: we need another scoring winger (yes, we had injuries, still).

statsny needs someone to play with because there is zero chemistry with him centering schwartz and tarasenko.

putting berglund with him is NOT the answer either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad