GDT: Hawks @ Blues "Shocking Confession Edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Missing those guys does absolutely suck but damn I hate the excuses. The Blackhawks are just better whether they are in the lineup or not.
Thought Crawford outplayed Elliott today, and that was the major difference. Forwards played each other pretty evenly in my opinion, and the Blackhawks defensemen matched ours as well.

Stinks the Blues lost, but I don't buy that the Blackhawks are the clearly superior team. I respect them, but I'm not afraid of them if we're healthy.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Blues can't compete with Blackhawks.

BS. Yes I don't like to just say we lost because we were missing 2 hugh players or because the refs were bad (both true though) but to say we didn't compete today is just...well...crap.

What I find inacceptable is that all of our Swedes plus Reaves took a day off. That and Stastnys performance is what really bothers me.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Not even coming close to blaming one player but Paul Stastny has been pretty much invisible which isn't accepable in a game like this.

You're playing with the two best forwards on the team, I just don't get how you don't make more of an impact.

The Blues played okay but they come up short AGAIN. Yawn.

Yes, Lehterä haters show up now.

Brutal to say, but we lost this game bad decisions and bad plays of dmens. Gunnar + forward= nobody isnt covering dmen.

Jbo was terrible tonight. Where he draw that hooking penalty, he looked like he got Jackman's legs and Berglund's reactions.

Always hate to loose Chicago, but playing without Lehterä and Shattenkirk was the game loosing factor.

Eitherway mediocre game, but too many misstakes cost us 2 points.

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com
So on Jan. 3rd my new Blues hat was lost and I had to dig out my old classic Blues hat for that day. The Blues won their next game so I decided to leave it on.

This streak continued for the next month as my new hat had disappeared but since I had another it wasn't a huge deal.

Then came Friday. I received a phone call from a girl I haven't seen since New Years. She found my hat and was bringing it over. I.....I had a moment of weakness and TOOK OFF THE LUCKY CLASSIC HAT as we sat down to watch the Blues vs the Jackets.

I have no excuses for this deplorable behavior. That said, today the classic hat is back on and full steam ahead as the Blues play the Hawks.

LETS GO BLUES!

2x18_Righteous_Brothers_(49).png

"you've killed the act, Gob"

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Thought Crawford outplayed Elliott today, and that was the major difference. Forwards played each other pretty evenly in my opinion, and the Blackhawks defensemen matched ours as well.

Stinks the Blues lost, but I don't buy that the Blackhawks are the clearly superior team. I respect them, but I'm not afraid of them if we're healthy.

Elliot v. Crawford was the main difference, but we also saw a Steen no show and were really missing Shatty.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I think we can take the Hawks in a 7 game series, despite today's result. Having Shattenkirk on the roster will be a monumental boost come playoff time.

Mzeppelin1

Apr 26, 2014
We won't win a cup if we can't beat Chicago. Fact.

I mean they have Cory Crawford and we can't beat HIM! Sad.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
statsny needs someone to play with because there is zero chemistry with him centering schwartz and tarasenko.

putting berglund with him is NOT the answer either

True, but you still need him, and you can't sit him. Trade for Jagr and figure out the rest later.

RR10*

I think we can take the Hawks in a 7 game series, despite today's result. Having Shattenkirk on the roster will be a monumental boost come playoff time.
Nope. People keep saying this every year and we always end up losing to them. They are clearly the better team imo. We could beat Nashville in a playoff series but not the Blackhawks.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
We won't win a cup if we can't beat Chicago. Fact.

I mean they have Cory Crawford and we can't beat HIM! Sad.

ya its pretty bad when a glorified chris osgood is consistently owning this team. doesnt help when we have forwards like reaves backing into the zone along with 2 blues dmen so the hawks can walk in and get a garbage rebound goal (because once again elliott turns a easy save into a rebound chance in the slot)

this team is about to go on a huge slide, we are lucky we arnt on a 4 game losing streak right now.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Nope. People keep saying this every year and we always end up losing to them. They are clearly the better team imo. We could beat Nashville in a playoff series but not the Blackhawks.

We've faced them once in the playoffs in the last three years. What are you talking about?

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
people saying we will can beat them in the playoffs are crazy. we cant even beat them consistently at home and we cant beat them at all on the road. what makes you think that is going to change? i always said this team will take the next step when they start winning games @ana, la and chi. they are what, 0 for 5 already this year? win games on the road or fizzle out in the 1st round like usual

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
They entered the 3rd period looking to make it overtime instead of winning the game.

That's what it looked like to me as well. Perhaps fatigue was a factor, but I'm more inclined to think that someone, whether its Hitch or the players, or both, still doesn't fully grasp that this team is successful when they play aggressively.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Corey Crawford is a legit #1 goaltender. Don't know why people act like he isn't.

No johnny quick is a legit #1 goalie. thats why i dont mind losing to LA, their goalie was the diff in the 2 losses to LA. last year, our crappy PP and ryan miller were why we lost. crawford was not a factor at all, in fact he allowed alot of soft goals vs us. jackman and lappy goals for example.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Ugh. Disappointing result, but maybe a little reality check will come in handy :)

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
No johnny quick is a legit #1 goalie. thats why i dont mind losing to LA, their goalie was the diff in the 2 losses to LA. last year, our crappy PP and ryan miller were why we lost. crawford was not a factor at all, in fact he allowed alot of soft goals vs us. jackman and lappy goals for example.

you realize by definition there are 30 #1 goalies in the league? no one is saying crawford is top 5 or even top 10. but he is a ligit starter that will keep his team in the game and he has shown the ability to make the big save (for example the save on steen in the third period.)

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
If the Blues do push through the Blackhawks in the playoffs this year, there's going to be an all you can eat buffet of crow served on this forum.

id bet on the rams having a winning season before i bet on the blues beating the hawks in a 7 game series. blues could play all 7 at home too

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Goaltending is the most volatile positions in the game. Quick is almost universally recognized as a top 5 talent at the position, and he's been mediocre as all hell this year.

Crawford is every bit as much a #1 goaltender as Elliott...and there's an argument to be made that he's more of one.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Two losses in a row and all the negative nancy's are back. By the way. Since Stastny ended his long lull on December 4th he has gotten 24 points in 28 games while he only had 7 in his first 17 played which was around the time of his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad