Post-Game Talk: Hawks beat Yotes 5-2, pick up 12 out of 14 points on Circus Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
I also witnessed a female Coyotes fan crying in the last 40 seconds and in the stairwell on the way out- She literally whimpered next to me...

You didn't comfort her? Maybe snake your arm around her shoulders and tell her its okay, everything will be fine, here have a sip out of this cup...

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
You didn't comfort her? Maybe snake your arm around her shoulders and tell her its okay, everything will be fine, here have a sip out of this cup...

She looked under 18 and I didn't want to be creepy, She had a pal with her that was comforting her but she shouldn't take a hockey game that serious if that was the cause of her weeping.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Coyotes Fan coming in peace. Blackhawks deserved to win that game and the win for the Blackhawks should have been a bigger one as far as I'm concerned.

I've heard that Hawks fans are obnoxious at away games and other fans even say they'll avoid games when Chicago's in town. My response would be to stop being such a wuss. This is hockey, not the ballet.

If I don't attend an event, it's because of factors beyond my control that prevent me from doing so. With that being said, I have been to plenty of hockey games no matter who is at the game. Good and Bad apples are everywhere and I have had more good experiences than bad with any fans from any team no matter what. The reason for that is because I don't look for trouble and treat others the way I want to be treated unless I have no other choice and god knows I have had no choice to be nasty when needed even with some of the fans from the same teams that I support.

In terms of obnoxiousness per person, every fanbase is the same. People whine about Blackhawks fans because they fill up opposing arenas more than most other team's fans - comes with the territory of being a popular bandwagon team. The sweeping (and wrong) generalizations from others are a natural follow-up to that.

Each individual Hawks fan isn't worse; there are just more of them.

The thing coming from most Coyotes Fans is an interesting one. For the longest time, Most Coyotes Fans had enjoyed being around the company of Blackhawks Fans in the past even with the amount of success the Blackhawks have had in recent years, certainly getting into a conversation about bashing the Red Wings in the process was great as well. :laugh:

Then something happened to where now the hate for all things Blackhawks just came about and went way above all of the hate for all things Red Wings and it had nothing to do with the Blackhawks success or the 11-12 1st round match up for that matter. What cause this dramatic change is the death threats Tyson Nash received via twitter for his comments on the Torres hit on Hossa. Sadly it was this news that lead to the stupid generalizations about Chicago and Illinois for that matter by more of my fellow Coyotes Fans. Since when did some clowns on twitter represent all things Blackahawks, Chicago, and Illinois? :shakehead

Last edited:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
I like this Raanta kid. No he's not Patty Roy and no I'm not saying he's arrived but they kid is very calm, moves well, covers everything low and has good rebound control. He played 2 solid games on the trip and gave CC some well deserved rest. I know he's already become a whipping boy here for some of you but to me, so far, so good.
I'm quite surprised by this. Main reasons for it?

nottchi

Jul 10, 2012
Nottingham
Well, I fell asleep during the 2nd intermission (damn time zones!)
I watched the last period this morning. Much better than the 2nd, where they found the energy is beyond me.
Raanta looks good, gives Crawford a much needed night off and I'm more comfortable with him in the pipes than Khabbi.
All in all not a bad road trip!

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011

Just reading the game time board during the contest seemed like a lot of comments were "he's out of position" or "lost his net again" or "Raanta is fighting the puck.."

At one point I wondered if I was watching the same game?

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Just reading the game time board during the contest seemed like a lot of comments were "he's out of position" or "lost his net again" or "Raanta is fighting the puck.."

At one point I wondered if I was watching the same game?

They are just trying to sound like they know what they are talking about.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Early report on Raanta: Raanta's style is so much different than Crawfords. He is smaller, very active back there, on occasion too active, hence loses his net sometimes. The defense will need to adapt to that style, cause it is what makes him effective. I imagine the coaching staff will work on him becoming more efficient in his movements, without taking away his athletic style. Lot's of potential from what I can see.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Raanta has taken the next step up playing and winning against a playoff contender on the road. Super job.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Raanta did lose his net a few times, but it only cost him once. I love his rebound control though, best I've seen from a Hawk goalie in a while.

Not sure who had him labeled as a whipping boy, first I've heard of that.

Nothingman*

I only read BWC complaining about him losing his net. I thought he played very well last night. No softies like Khabby was letting in. And with two strong showings Q will hopefully be more confident in giving Crawford more games off so he will be fresh come playoffs.

Nothingman*

Yeah, he did lose his net a couple times, but other than that he looked pretty damn good in net. For his second start in the NHL I think he played admirably.

Totally agree. Craw loses his bet every game too. It happens. Rant was excellent in his two starts so far.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Handzus just needed some time to get his legs back. Older guys take longer to get back into it after a layoff.

Canadian Wampa

Feb 1, 2012
Handzus just needed some time to get his legs back. Older guys take longer to get back into it after a layoff.

Still don't think he should be playing with Kane though... his game just doesn't mesh with Kane's. I really do think if Q is focused on using Zus as 2C, put him with Hossa and Sharp, they compliment his game much better.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'd hardly call making criticisms about Raanta's playing style akin to making him a whipping boy...

Through 2.5+ games, I've liked what I've seen out of him as our backup going forward, but still a relatively small sample size.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

The extent of Raanta being a "whipping boy" thus far amounts to a single HF poster commenting in the heat of the moment of the game thread that Raanta looked shaky at some point during the 2nd period, which many many more people in that same game thread said they disagreed with. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad