Post-Game Talk: Hawks beat Yotes 5-2, pick up 12 out of 14 points on Circus Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
There is something he sees in Handzus (maybe seeing last years playoff Zus in his head) that no one else does I guess. He has a lot of respect for the veteran for some reason. I thought he played his best game tonight, but most of the time he looks like a turtle out there.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
56-11-9 the last 2 seasons combined and a cup. Has ant team ever had a stretch with a record like that? I have no idea, but if there has it hasn't been many

Was just looking some of this info up to see how the Hawks current pace this season matches up with all-time greats.

The '76-'77 Montreal Canadiens won the Cup and had a record of 60-8-12. They had the most points in a season with 132.

The '95-'96 Detroit Red Wings didn't win the Cup but got the most wins in a season going 62-13-7.

Like those old Canadiens and Red Wings teams, the Blackhawks organization currently employs Scotty Bowman so that's a good thing.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Scotty Bowman just seems to attract winning, glad he is with us. Even if its just a figure head, maybe some of that karma is rubbing off on the organization. Nothing wrong with surrounding an organization with winners.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
I like this Raanta kid. No he's not Patty Roy and no I'm not saying he's arrived but they kid is very calm, moves well, covers everything low and has good rebound control. He played 2 solid games on the trip and gave CC some well deserved rest. I know he's already become a whipping boy here for some of you but to me, so far, so good.

Nothingman*

Kind am really happy with Raanta. The D played pretty well I'm front of him tonight too.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Unfortunately I had to miss this one, given the choice between I'd definitely have preferred to watch this one over last night's.

Glad to see Raanta picking up another win and the boys dominating after a mediocre effort the night before.

Hawks management must keep a lot of Advil around, because the team is passing the hangover test with flying colors

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
In all fairness, they're from that sewer of a state, Illinois. Illinois: the only state--and in this I include world-renowned hellholes like Alabama and Arkansas--that could be nuked until it became the world's leading source of light bulbs and liquor bottles, and no one in their right mind would give a damn.

Don't begrudge the sorry ******** their day in the sun, is what I'm saying.

Enjoy people, enjoy.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I've heard that Hawks fans are obnoxious at away games and other fans even say they'll avoid games when Chicago's in town. My response would be to stop being such a wuss. This is hockey, not the ballet.

But the state of Illinois and city of Chicago are run by Pejorative Slurs; there's no denying that.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
It was a response to a post about the Hawks fans at the game chanting. I just thought it was funny.

Never understood why people jump to attacking the opposing city and state (especially when they themselves are American) when their hockey team loses :laugh:

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
I've heard that Hawks fans are obnoxious at away games and other fans even say they'll avoid games when Chicago's in town. My response would be to stop being such a wuss. This is hockey, not the ballet.

But the state of Illinois and city of Chicago are run by Pejorative Slurs; there's no denying that.

In terms of obnoxiousness per person, every fanbase is the same. People whine about Blackhawks fans because they fill up opposing arenas more than most other team's fans - comes with the territory of being a popular bandwagon team. The sweeping (and wrong) generalizations from others are a natural follow-up to that.

Each individual Hawks fan isn't worse; there are just more of them.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
In terms of obnoxiousness per person, every fanbase is the same. People whine about Blackhawks fans because they fill up opposing arenas more than most other team's fans - comes with the territory of being a popular bandwagon team. The sweeping (and wrong) generalizations from others are a natural follow-up to that.

Each individual Hawks fan isn't worse; there are just more of them.

I agree. I think Chicago fans get a bad reputation because there's so many of us. New York's reputation is even worse. Like you said, per person, Chicago is just like any other fanbase.

Nothingman*

I don't understand the flaming of a city or state. I have been to rural AZ...Tucson...Phoenix and the all have problems. I guess I would prefer the one location be a veritable paradise before saying another location stinks. Because parts of AZ are total dumpster fires.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
They should quit their complaining. Apparently the Hawks game got all the suites at Jobing sold for the first time ever and gave them their highest attendance total for the season.

Nothingman*

It is money in the bank for them keep the franchise there.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I think it started with the 85 Bears then the reallly got going with dynasty Bulls of the 90's. Its a combination of jealousy, being pissed off our team is kicking their teams butt, and a huge fan base across the country with some obviously obnoxious.

i hate the Miami Heat with a passion and hate Lebron. I suppose the reason for that is I didn't like the way Lebron conducted himself during his free agency, his ego, how I hated how guys plotted to team up and form a "super team", jealousy Lebron didn't come to Chicago, and of course how they are winning. People hated MJ and the Bulls for their domination, his ego at times, and of course jealousy. Its a compliment how good we are when people moan like that jerk did.

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
I was at the game tonight, a few things...

Second period wasn't as bad as it looked as far as play from the Hawks- Hanzal cried the entire game, always next to a ref crying after every play... Hanzal was the entire reason for us being on the PK in the second until finally the refs got sick of him.

And there were AT LEAST 80% Hawks fans. Jobbing kept trying to drown us out with ****** music.

I also witnessed a female Coyotes fan crying in the last 40 seconds and in the stairwell on the way out- She literally whimpered next to me...

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I think it's just funny that according to almost every other fanbase every Hawks fans that attends a game in an opposing arena is an alcoholic and all-around terrible person. They have enough time to pay attention to every opposing fan and to watch a hockey game at the same time. It is pretty damn impressive.

Anyway, I can't reiterate enough how pleased I am with the result of this trip. The response from the team after the Avs debacle was fantastic to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad