Speculation: Hawks Aggressively Shopping Brandon Manning and Jan Rutta

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Yep I can see one of them and a pick going to LA for Muzzin or Martinez. Chicago is also heavily scouting LA.

Should be interesting to see how all of this pans out...

Why in the world would LA consider that type of deal for either top 4 guy. We don’t need your guys that are not good but picks and prospects will be the ask.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Hahaha, how does Bowman still have a job?

I'll take a puck chewed on by a dog or raccoon for Manning and a case of Staropramen or Gambrinus for Rutta.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Why in the world would LA consider that type of deal for either top 4 guy. We don’t need your guys that are not good but picks and prospects will be the ask.

I think any Hawks fan knows that there would be substantial picks going to LA if they ended up getting Muzzin or Martinez.

If I was Chicago, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. They're clearly still committed to the core of the team, and they're sinking. A 20 plus minute defender could seriously help them out.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
I think any Hawks fan knows that there would be substantial picks going to LA if they ended up getting Muzzin or Martinez.

If I was Chicago, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. They're clearly still committed to the core of the team, and they're sinking. A 20 plus minute defender could seriously help them out.

Given where the Hawks are likely to finish this year, this is exactly the time to save your picks, not spend them.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Given where the Hawks are likely to finish this year, this is exactly the time to save your picks, not spend them.

I hear you. But not every team/organization/ownership group is in love with the idea of a rebuild. From everything I can see, Chicago is trying to breathe new life into the existing team. If there's a way to get a top 4 D and stop this tailspin, I think they would be interested.

If the cost is this year`s first rounder, then of course Chicago might not bite. But there`s a lot of other offers they could make that could be of interest to LA.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Depends on the trade. We'd be willing to deal him for a 2nd or a prospect equivalent to that value.

The Jets should definitely be in on that if that's the price. Better contract than Manning and Rutta and imo a better player too. I hope Chevy gives Stan a call.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Giving up a 2nd to have a low probability of making the playoffs and then getting throttled in the first round by Nashville or Winnipeg is idiotic...I’m not saying Muzzin or Martinez are not worth a 2nd+.

And this is the difference between a fan who has no stake in things, and a management team that:
A) wants to keep their jobs and where missing the POs is a knock against them
B) that knows that anything can happen once the POs start - but you need to make them first
C) that knows exactly how much money is lost by not making the POs. Every home PO game is MILLIONS in revenue for a team - especially for the 'big' teams. And for most teams, a 2nd for a player that will be around for 1 or 2+ years, AND a chance at PO games this season and next season.

I'm not saying the value is good or bad... just that your reasoning is faulty.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Sure. I'll save 800k on the cap. More complicated is getting both players to waive their NMC.

Also Seabrook has twice as many points as Lucic.

Seabrook is likely still a sheltered #4 on a contender with a true shutdown pair.

Lucic is just straight washed

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Both player and contract are bad. Soft, slow, useless player. Hexy made a mistake he won't have to live with.
you are just being salty because you don't like him.

He's one of the top scoring LW in the NHL. He's a top net front presence on the PP. He's replacing Simmonds in that role. 7m is the new 5m...and he's signed to age 33.

It's really not bad at all.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad