Speculation: Hawks Aggressively Shopping Brandon Manning and Jan Rutta

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Only took 24 games to figure out what every single hockey fan knew. I wonder if any GM will actually be crazy enough to trade for Manning

I could see a team taking Rutta closer to the deadline for depth though since he doesn’t have extra term

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Yep I can see one of them and a pick going to LA for Muzzin or Martinez. Chicago is also heavily scouting LA.

Should be interesting to see how all of this pans out...

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
The second year kills any manning deal. Unless bad player for bad player type of deal. Can't believe he got a multi year to begin with.
Rutta probably with retention can get something done.
He's a bottom pair guy only. Right handed. 6'3 198. Decent speeds. He's been ok this year. Nothing special.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yep I can see one of them and a pick going to LA for Muzzin or Martinez. Chicago is also heavily scouting LA.

Should be interesting to see how all of this pans out...

LA should fire their GM on the spot if that goes down. And if the pick is a 1st or 2nd then Bowman should be fired on the spot.

Reactions: go4hockey

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
how has Rutta played this year? is he a 5-6?
He's been on and off. He was a decent #4 last year when healthy, but kept getting hurt. We felt this season could've been different, but he pulled a groin in preseason and has looked a step slower.

He has looked better the last few weeks, but it's hard to judge a defensemen on this team right now. I could see the Hawks getting jack shit for him in a trade to a contender and him pulling a Kempny.

Reactions: Riptide

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The only Manning proposal that makes sense is something like Gagner as a return with Vancouver retaining enough so dollars wash out. Or a similar type player with a year left thats out of favor with their team and cap washes out. Likely a forward.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Expecting a 4th rd pick to be a realistic return.

For Rutta? I'd easily trade our (the Oilers') 4th for him. I think he's a better option than Chris Wideman and pretty much any other bottom pairing guy we have. Might have to take Wideman back and retain a bit on Rutta, just to help even out the money and alleviate number of contracts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riptide

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Hope both are gone. Rutta has shown flashes. Manning is the tank commander. The Hawks already have enough bottom pair D. Keep Seabrook and Gustafsson as the bottom pair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad