Rumor: Hawks a finalist for Ilya Mikheyev

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Also Mikheyev has played on Team Russia with Artem Anisimov (and Shalunov), Nikita Gusev, and Nikita Zaitsev. That might explain Chicago, Vegas, and Toronto being finalists.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Mikheyev is 6'2 194 24 yes old good spied and skill AND good on the PK!

If he improves our bottom 6 and turns around our PK...exactly what we need..

Reactions: Drumman44

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Mikheyev is very, very good player. Big body and he uses it, very, very good skating, skilled as every single Russian and he is smart guy. Think about more skilled, faster and younger Anisimov. Mikheyev just plays winger.

Would love to have him. Then go for the Kazan Tkachyov, offer sheet Gusev and get Panarin.

BWC would explode.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
From what I've read he seems to do everything well. Migi's Anisimov comp seems accurate. He's eligible for a 1 year ELC. If he plays a strong 2 way like I've been reading, he could be the missing piece for the second line.

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Mikheyev
Saad-Anisimov-Sikura
Kubalik-Kampf-Kahun
Perlini

Reactions: goldenbladz1

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I just hope he doesn't feel Kahun and Panarin are the rule and not the exception. I have no problem with free lotto tickets, but to get these guys to come over, they are typically expecting NHL time. Kubalik looks like a gamer, so I can see that - these other two guys, I don't know much about at all. I trust our scouts and Bowman but hopefully this isn't our answer to adding depth here...

Mikheyev was as productive in KHL as Kubalik was in Swiss league and is only a year older

If Kubalik is a gamer then so is Mikheyev

This idea that Kubalik is some amazing Euro worthy of guaranteed spot but Mikheyev is bum simply because he is Russian and is not entitled to anything is laughable

If anything Mikheyev's last two years of success in KHL is better and more worthy of NHL spot then Kubalik's one big year

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Mikheyev was as productive in KHL as Kubalik was in Swiss league and is only a year older

This idea that Kubalik is some amazing Euro worthy of guaranteed spot but Mikheyev is bum simply because he is Russian and is not entitled to anything is laughable
nobody said that, nobody has said anything close to what you are suggesting - your hyperbole knows no bounds...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

This is what you got from his post?

Reactions: AmericanDream

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Mikheyev is very, very good player. Big body and he uses it, very, very good skating, skilled as every single Russian and he is smart guy. Think about more skilled, faster and younger Anisimov. Mikheyev just plays winger.

Would love to have him. Then go for the Kazan Tkachyov, offer sheet Gusev and get Panarin.

BWC would explode.

I have advocated Hawks bringing over both Vladimir Tkachev's actually

At very least Foley having to announce games with both Vladimir Tkachev's in lineup would be entertaining

Reactions: migi

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

If anything Mikheyev's last two years of success in KHL is better and more worthy of NHL spot then Kubalik's one big year
BWC gonna BWC.

HjamSandwich

Oct 16, 2010
Why would we trade Strome when we know he's the real deal? Why not just pick Byram instead than drafting Turcotte who has injury concerns?
Because I think the order of your decisions is wrong. We shouldn't base who we draft on Strome (or anyone else on the roster). We should just pick the player we think most likely to be a star.

If we arrive at Turcotte as the guy at #3, I think we then have a surplus at Center. Trades can be a means of dealing with a surplus.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Hawks put a lot of money into their scouting department. There's no doubt that they've been excelling, especially the group that scouts the Euro leagues. If they're after Mikheyev, I'm all for it.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Because I think the order of your decisions is wrong. We shouldn't base who we draft on Strome (or anyone else on the roster). We should just pick the player we think most likely to be a star.

If we arrive at Turcotte as the guy at #3, I think we then have a surplus at Center. Trades can be a means of dealing with a surplus.
1. Isn't Strome closer to a star than Turcotte? It's not like Strome stunk it up with the Hawks last year.

2. If YOU don't think Strome is a star in the making, why would other GMs think so? What kind of DMen do you think we'd get for him? A star in the making?

3. By trading Strome, you create TWO uncertainties:

* Can Turcotte be a productive 2C in the NHL?
* Will the asset coming back be an effective NHL DMen?

With Strome and Byram, you have just 1 uncertainty.

I have not heard Turcotte is overwhelmingly better than Byram. In fact, many people say that a healhy Turcotte has a similar upside to Byram.

IF the Hawks believe Turcotte is the far better prospect, just pick him. However, I'm not going to give Strome away when we don't have to. There are plenty of other pieces to trade ... Anisimov and Saad.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The latest is that he has narrowed his choices down to Vegas and Toronto. Chicago no longer in the running. Mikheyev is a nerd confirmed.

Reactions: Rooh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad