Rumor: Hawks a finalist for Ilya Mikheyev

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
how many of these guys are we going to get?? looks like no UFA's coming in then if we get this kid and that kid out of Sweden..

If he fills out the roster with cheap Euros, then I'm guessing he'll use next year's cap space to take on one-year cap dumps in exchange for draft and prospect assets.

Then use the space the following year for Debrincat, Strome, Gustafsson extensions.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If he fills out the roster with cheap Euros, then I'm guessing he'll use next year's cap space to take on one-year cap dumps in exchange for draft and prospect assets.

Then use the space the following year for Debrincat, Strome, Gustafsson extensions.
I just hope he doesn't feel Kahun and Panarin are the rule and not the exception. I have no problem with free lotto tickets, but to get these guys to come over, they are typically expecting NHL time. Kubalik looks like a gamer, so I can see that - these other two guys, I don't know much about at all. I trust our scouts and Bowman but hopefully this isn't our answer to adding depth here...

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

HjamSandwich

Oct 16, 2010

That's boring. We should fill up the bottom lines with cheap Euros and then make it rain on Panarin.

HjamSandwich

Oct 16, 2010
Boring, ya. But I think Bowman is not going to make any move that may jeopardize him re-signing his young players over the next few years.
I actually think Strome seems like good trade bait if we draft Turcotte. I'd love to flip Strome for a strong defender if he has another strong season (and we could help make that happen by signing Panarin).

I don't think we should be too clingy to Gustaffson given the skills of our prospect pool.

Debrincat needs to be retained though. For sure.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Boring, ya. But I think Bowman is not going to make any move that may jeopardize him re-signing his young players over the next few years.
as I said, I am not opposed to it, but not all of these guys will hit and it still takes some time for them to transition to North American hockey as well. Just need to be careful here, no harm in free lotto tickets but lets also shore up an area or two with a solid UFA signing or two..we literally have an entire 4th line open right now with Barratt not signing..there is room for 1-2 of these kids plus a UFA or two depending on what we do with AA.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
ref to Ilya Mikheyev, i am all in the signing of not only his but others europeans to fill out the necessary rosters sports.

bring them all over !!

Reactions: Drumman44

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I actually think Strome seems like good trade bait if we draft Turcotte. I'd love to flip Strome for a strong defender if he has another strong season (and we could help make that happen by signing Panarin).

I don't think we should be too clingy to Gustaffson given the skills of our prospect pool.

Debrincat needs to be retained though. For sure.
Why would we trade Strome when we know he's the real deal? Why not just pick Byram instead than drafting Turcotte who has injury concerns?

Reactions: Cowch

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I actually think Strome seems like good trade bait
giphy.gif

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
It would take a hell of haul for me to part with Strome, and I'd better be getting a C back in return. It makes little sense to trade him, in my opinion.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Exactly. I think Strome signs a sweetheart deal in Chicago based on his comments.

Even if it's full fair market value, he's a young, legit, productive C. What are you going to trade him for? That's someone you consider as part of your core going forward at that position with those factors.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad