have you ever seen Chris Neil lose a Fight???

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I've never seen Neil get clobbered, but he's lost fights before.

Berserker*

He has lost fights before but he never gets his ass kicked or dropped. He simply fights smart and defends himself in a fight. It is easy to get concussed frequently if you don't defend your chin and just throw hay makers.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He has lost fights before but he never gets his ass kicked or dropped. He simply fights smart and defends himself in a fight. It is easy to get concussed frequently if you don't defend your chin and just throw hay makers.

This...it's also the reason he rarely (if ever) ends up "KOing" a guy. He fights smart and does some damage. He's a very tough guy and I don't recall ever seeing him get dominated, but he's lost fights for sure.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Of course he has. Do you mean recently?
He lost a fight to Shawn Thornton last year.

According to Neil's hockeyfights.com page, he loses 1-to-3 fights per year.

You have to be careful with some of those fights. There's a Grabovski Neil tussle that shows Grabovsky as the winner, even though there were all of two or three punches thrown before they went down. A lot of the Grabo votes were Leaf fans or guys calling Neil gutless for going after a non-fighter.

Even the Thornton fight, Thornton has 76% of the vote, but the fight was a near draw.

I can't remember a fight where Neil was decisively beaten. Most of his fights are close.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
He clearly lost a fight against Lucic but to Neil's defense, Lucic speared him between the legs with his stick just before droping the gloves.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You have to be careful with some of those fights. There's a Grabovski Neil tussle that shows Grabovsky as the winner, even though there were all of two or three punches thrown before they went down. A lot of the Grabo votes were Leaf fans or guys calling Neil gutless for going after a non-fighter.

Even the Thornton fight, Thornton has 76% of the vote, but the fight was a near draw.

I can't remember a fight where Neil was decisively beaten. Most of his fights are close.

Agreed.

Most of his "losses" are close, and I subscribe to the "he's a smart fighter" narrative, but to say he doesn't lose fights is looking at Neil with rose-colored glasses.

Still love the guy.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I love Chris Neil so much, probably the guy I respect the most in the NHL. He's the perfect bottom-6 player... Hopefully he still has 4-5 good years left.

He means so much for the Senators, the days he retires will be a sad sad day... I could see myself punch somebody who disrespect him, even if I am a peaceful person.

240boy

Feb 21, 2013
Kingston
A few people have gotten the best of him but he's never gone down and never gives up. The only reason that Hockey Fights have him listed with as many losses as he does is because other people are upset he's beating up their tough guys. Hes probably the only guy currently in the league that fights regularly that hasn't really even gotten beat up by anyone.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

What a warrior. Lucic spears him (or can opens him) in the nuts right before the fight and gets the jump on him...still battles back smiling the whole time. I don't know why anyone would call that Neil getting destroyed.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Homerific title much on that video ? LUCIC DESTROYS NEIL :laugh:

The win goes to Lucic but that's not exactly what I call ''destroying'' someone.

What a warrior. Lucic spears him (or can opens him) in the nuts right before the fight and gets the jump on him...still battles back smiling the whole time. I don't know why anyone would call that Neil getting destroyed.

I dunno guys, but it's definitely a loss for neil.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sure, it's a loss. It's not him getting destroyed though, and I think they had a much more even fight the next time when Lucic didn't can open him and then jump him.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I ****ing love Neil. Sure he can lose fights, but he never goes down. Best chin in the league.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The only time I ever saw Neil get cut badly was against Lucic in the fight people have posted here, but Neil came back in that fight & gave Lucic a couple of good shots to the head late & Lucic was looking to end the fight. He took a lot of punches against Brashear but again came back & never quit.

Orr seems to have gotten the better of Neil in the fight above although Neil got some good shots in too but tonight I thought Neil clearly won the fight. I also don't remember if Neil has fought some of the big enforcers in the west from yrs ago. I still think Ottawa needs another guy just like Neil who is about 4 inches taller & 20 pounds heavier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad