have you ever seen Chris Neil lose a Fight???

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
How about Ryan Vanderbushe who ended Kypreo's career ....

That was a two-fold tragedy. One for ending Kypreos's career too early, and the other for forcing Kypreos into TV. :shakehead

Both should be severe enough crimes to keep Vandenbusche incarcerated for at least a decade. RVB got off light, IMO...

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans
When I describe Chris Neil to hockey/Sens noobs I often say "Chris Neil never loses a fight. He's in a lot of fights that end in draws, but he selects his fights wisely."

Grade A Beaut

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Homerific title much on that video ? LUCIC DESTROYS NEIL :laugh:

The win goes to Lucic but that's not exactly what I call ''destroying'' someone.

Sure, it's a loss. It's not him getting destroyed though, and I think they had a much more even fight the next time when Lucic didn't can open him and then jump him.

They have not faught since that fight. They did fight when Lucic was very young, close fight, call that one a draw.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
This depends on how many times he has been taken down at the end of the fight, a true hockey fan knows punches landed has no bearing on the winner, the winner is the person who trips/takes the other guy down at the end.....lol

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I ****ing love Neil. Sure he can lose fights, but he never goes down. Best chin in the league.

Yea I remember this fight. Brashear was such a ***** to go against Grats so he went after Neil instead. After he fought Neil he mocked him by doing the "cleansing hand gesture".

sensageddon

Feb 24, 2013
Neil now reminds of Domi at the start of Neils career. To give Neil some credit - he took down Chara.

Bob Kudelski

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa, ON
I only recall Neil getting bloodied by Lucic. Aside from that, he very rarely takes any significant damage in a fight.

I agree he reminds me of how Domi was later in his career. Just a smart, smart fighter that will take on anyone, but that doesn't put himself in a vulnerable position.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I dunno guys, but it's definitely a loss for neil.

personally, I would call that fight a loss for Lucic.

Lucic clipped him hard in the nuts before the fight. Prior to the fight, there were probably a few hundred NHLers that had some respect for Lucic. Afterwards, I suspect he lost a lot of respect.

It's kind of hard in the NHL to embarrass yourself like that and at the same time think you won something.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
personally, I would call that fight a loss for Lucic.

Lucic clipped him hard in the nuts before the fight. Prior to the fight, there were probably a few hundred NHLers that had some respect for Lucic. Afterwards, I suspect he lost a lot of respect.

It's kind of hard in the NHL to embarrass yourself like that and at the same time think you won something.

I like the Bruins, but I hate Lucic. I mean ****, I even like Marchand.

Marchand is a pest, he's good at what he does. Lucic is just a giant ape crybaby, and often ****s his own team over (see: our last game against the Bruins).

source

Jul 13, 2008
I love Chris Neil so much, probably the guy I respect the most in the NHL. He's the perfect bottom-6 player... Hopefully he still has 4-5 good years left.

He means so much for the Senators, the days he retires will be a sad sad day... I could see myself punch somebody who disrespect him, even if I am a peaceful person.

That's pretty intense.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That's pretty intense.

lol ok why not?

Does it have to be somebody that leads the league in points? Does it have to be a superstar who acts like a ********* canoe outside the rink?

No, I like Chris Neil, the whole Chris Neil, the way he carries himself on and of the ice, the image he projects. Ethic, hard work, humility, loyalty and dedication it transpires from him. That's closer to my values than the guy who makes the most money and has the best looking (however fake) girlfriend

source

Jul 13, 2008
lol ok why not?

Does it have to be somebody that leads the league in points? Does it have to be a superstar who acts like a ********* canoe outside the rink?

No, I like Chris Neil, the whole Chris Neil, the way he carries himself on and of the ice, the image he projects. Ethic, hard work, humility, loyalty and dedication it transpires from him. That's closer to my values than the guy who makes the most money and has the best looking (however fake) girlfriend

Neil isn't a bad choice, and as far as tough guys go, he's top notch. But, Alfredsson has all of those things you mentioned and more. Except maybe the unattractive wife, in which case Neil would win that category.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Also mark me down for loving Neil. Theres a reason the guy gets the biggest cheer after Alfie every game. Just watching him he seems to care more about this team than anyone else. He takes losses the hardest and enjoys winning more than anyone. He shows up EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Even Alfie doesnt do that.

He is pretty hated on this board for some reason though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->