Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Ennis on waivers today.

Does this mean Bouchard is brought out of his Taxi Dungeon chains to peek a shred of sunlight called The Roster?

Strong hints of going with 7D tomorrow so Tippett can ease cellmate Bouchard into the lineup while NHL vet and David Staples favorite son Adam Larsson is playing like his hair is on fire and the guy we signed to ostensibly replace our #1 D and PP Quarterback is playing like a #6 D and a PP Defensive End whose stick is made of granite and can’t shoot a puck to save his life.

If Bouchard breaks his chains and gets in something tells me that he will be taking the place of either Barrie or Larsson outright in a few games like how PJ appears to be pushing Kassian into 3rd line duty and possible irrelevance and obscurity.

Do it Dave.

Hashtag Free Bouchard.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
13 F and 7 D probably isnt the worst thing in the world, considering our Bottom 6. Play Bouchard in Larssons spot and use Larsson on the PK. Should just dress Nygard and Archibald and then double shift McDavid and/or Draisaitl on the 4C.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
13 F and 7 D probably isnt the worst thing in the world, considering our Bottom 6. Play Bouchard in Larssons spot and use Larsson on the PK. Should just dress Nygard and Archibald and then double shift McDavid and/or Draisaitl on the 4C.

The roster police might have something to say about that. You know, unless you wanted to get creative with your convincing.

iu

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Allowing McDavid and Draisaitl to double shift with the fourth line will probably lead to better results anyway. The worry I suppose is that it'll be difficult to keep their ice-time down. But really you could just throw Nuge out there some of the time as well and break it up even more. I think if they try it tomorrow and win they may stick with it for a while.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Ennis on waivers today.

Does this mean Bouchard is brought out of his Taxi Dungeon chains to peek a shred of sunlight called The Roster?

Strong hints of going with 7D tomorrow so Tippett can ease cellmate Bouchard into the lineup while NHL vet and David Staples favorite son Adam Larsson is playing like his hair is on fire and the guy we signed to ostensibly replace our #1 D and PP Quarterback is playing like a #6 D and a PP Defensive End whose stick is made of granite and can’t shoot a puck to save his life.

If Bouchard breaks his chains and gets in something tells me that he will be taking the place of either Barrie or Larsson outright in a few games like how PJ appears to be pushing Kassian into 3rd line duty and possible irrelevance and obscurity.

Do it Dave.

Hashtag Free Bouchard.

With Neal-Turris-Kassian looking solid in the short time they got together, it could very well be this with Shore/Archibald getting shifts with a double shifted McDavid, Draisaitl or even RNH and regular PK minutes (though I'm not sold on Shore as a solution on the PK).

I suspect it's just as likely Ennis performance makes him the most expendable active player that isn't currently waiver exempt. Thus far he has the worst HD chance for percentage on the team and he's very close to the team's worst xGF%. Furthermore, every player who has played with him so far has a worse corsi for percentage except Turris and surprisingly Kass and McDavid.

This could simply be that between Chiasson, Nygard and Ennis, Tipp prefers Nygard on the 4th line and they are more concerned about replacing what Chiasson can bring to the lineup if claimed than they are about replacing what Ennis brings.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Allowing McDavid and Draisaitl to double shift with the fourth line will probably lead to better results anyway. The worry I suppose is that it'll be difficult to keep their ice-time down. But really you could just throw Nuge out there some of the time as well and break it up even more. I think if they try it tomorrow and win they may stick with it for a while.

Really if you continue to give shifts with Shore as Centre, you got 9 other players on the team that can take a shift with Shore and Archibald. It wouldn't be hard to find a way to divy up the 8 or so even strength minutes amongst 9 players. I'd still prefer a complete 4th line long term, but don't mind trying it for a few games here and there to test some things out on defense.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
If this was EA NHL 21

Turris-McD-Pulju
RNH-Drai-Yama
Kahun-McD-Kassian
Neal-Shore-Archi

McD out every other shift and DRY together

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
So glad we only signed Barrie for one year. He has been very underwhelming so far, although to be fair he came in with very high expectations.

He's not bad value for $3.75M. Expectations were pretty high though. PP QB brought in to improve the best PP the league has seen in 40 years.

PP is currently running at 11.5%. That won't last, but we will see where they finish the season.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
He's not bad value for $3.75M. Expectations were pretty high though. PP QB brought in to improve the best PP the league has seen in 40 years.

PP is currently running at 11.5%. That won't last, but we will see where they finish the season.
Agreed. Still playing 20+ min a night and will need some time to adjust.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Won't they just move a winger off the 4th line, rather than a C? Would make more sense from an injuries POV. Lots of wingers can play their offside, so you have 6 potential replacements for any given 4th line shift. If we get rid of the 4th line C, you only have 3 (4 with RNH I suppose) replacement options. If one of your C players goes down with injury in the game, you can get pretty thin, pretty fast. Drop a 4th line winger that doesn't play much on specialty teams, and bobs your uncle.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

They've also scored 4 goals within 20 seconds of power plays expiring, 3 of which within 8 seconds and two within 2 seconds. Add those 4 to their total they'd be 27%. The powerplay hasn't been as strong as it should be, but too many are over-reacting because of how bad it was in the Montreal two game set. They should start putting up numbers sometime soon.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Really good to get the win and deny Winnipeg any points. We need this one too, we can't just keep splitting sets with our opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad