Has McDavid already passed Kane and Toews?

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
If threads like this pain you that much, you are aware that you don’t need to read or respond to them right?

Meh.....at some point you need to stand up and say enough.

It’s the equivalent of HFOil blowing each other....

You will bow down to McDavids awesomeness!!!

He’s great...we get it.

Do we need threads about if he’s as good as Towes?

Do we??

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
As a regular season stat padder, yes.

As a playoff performer?

McDavid Playoff PPG: 0.692
Kane Playoff PPG: 0.969
Toews Playoff PPG: 0.859

Nah

Jesus Christ dude, there's plenty to talk shit about the Oilers about, you don't have to say these ridiculous things just because you hate them.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Kane's best season was his ninth season. Thornton's best was his eighth. Lecavalier's best was his eighth.
Ya but not generational (Thornton maybe is) but last 2 gen talents
Sid - year 2
Ovi - year 3
Also
Gretzky - year 3

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Sid - year 2
Ovi - year 3
Also
Gretzky - year 3
Gretzky had about 6 peak seasons. Ovi had about 3 or 4 . Crosby was injured. Mario had about 5 peak seasons

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
as an Oiler fan I wouldn't say that. Like for instance, if McDavid retired today there's no way he would be remembered like Kane and Toews would be (well other than that he retired at 21 :P)

Of course he would... he'd be remembered as the James Dean of hockey. Forever perfect... not showing up one day as a guest star on Ironside.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Sid - year 2
Ovi - year 3
Also
Gretzky - year 3
If you're going off of raw production, your perspective of Crosby/Ovechkin is going to be skewed because they broke into the league right after a full season lockout and major rule changes. League-wide scoring jumped significantly in the first few years post-lockout, and steadily decreased until the rules changes this season. Crosby's best hockey was in his mid-20s (which were unfortunately marred by injury). Ovechkin had a strong streak from his 1st-6th seasons, and I wouldn't just take the one with the most goals/points and say "yup, this is clearly his best season."

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Ahhhhhh.....the off season is upon us. This will be the first of many threads about how much better McDavid is than the rest of the league.

There will be stat's junkies, "watch the game" guys, homers and the outright fanatics telling us that McDavid will lap the league next year.

Is 135 out of the question? What about 150?? I mean if the Power Play wasn't so bad......he'd put up those numbers easily!!

Why is he even being compared to Towes? Other than his Cups.....the guy isn't in the same ball park.

Kane, an argument can be made that his one season was more impressive, but everyone knows that McDavid is the better overall player.

I'll just wait around for the "Is McDavid better than peak Rick Tocchet?"

October is a lifetime away.........

There is a big red X in the top right of your browser. Do us, and apparently yourself since your so hard done by, a favour....click it. Then when you roll out of bed one midnight dreary in October, feel free to wander back in here exclaiming that a new season is upon us.

"I pity your wife if [four months] is a lifetime"...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad