Has Erik Cole already retired?

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
He might be physically playing, but in his mind I think he's already retired.

I'm worried about his performances on the ice... especially the last 2 games.

He is nothing like the Eric Cole of last year.

Now I know what you'll say... he's a slow starter.

While true, he's never been bad in his slow starts.

I can easily say he is our worst player on the ice over the last couple games.

Kaberle and Whyte aside.

What do you guys think?

PricePkPatch*

Man. Our players cannot catch a ****ing break.

Not once. Not even after a 6-1 victory.

Tell me a second, how long did it took for Cole to start scoring, last year?

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I also don't see Cole playing very well. The only thing he's doing well is driving towards the net and being solid on the puck. I hope he picks it up once Pacioretty gets back! He's been pretty invisible imo, as well as Gionta to a lesser extent.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
8 games... but in those first 7 games he was a factor, he had chances, he hit, he crashed the net... so far this year... he's shown none of that.

He is a non factor... I would go as far as say he's been a hindrance on the ice.

Not being an @$$ or anything, but I am worried for who was by far one of our best player last year.

Could it be a fitness issue due to the lock-out?
Is he playing injured?

I just watch him play and it's night and day with last year.

Prust Y U MAD Bruins*

I don't give a **** as long as we are winning. Last year he was amazing and we we finished 15th.

bye.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
He was exceptionally bad today I admit. No energy, gave away the puck on numerous times, basically too soff. But I'll give him a couple of more games to get his act together. I'm sure MT will get on his case sooner or later if the AC guys haven't already.

HarlemsFinest

teh gallys!!1
Jul 2, 2009
Montreal
www.montrealracing.com
i think he was sure the season would be locked out entirely. and the agreement caught him off guard. he went into vacation mode. upon his return, the airline lost his intercranial luggage, likely still in barbedos.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
While I agree he's been disappointing so far I think he might only need some time to get back in shape. Lets not forget he hadn't played in a while and it took him a while to get started last year as well.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I think people are exagerating a bit on Cole. If you look at the first DD goal today, there's almost no chance that get scored if Cole isn't going to the net hard. He's not as good as last year but that was expectable. He's not a detriment to the team either. Patience.

Edit : Also, it was predictable that a 35 year old who hasn't played in 8 months would take more time than others to get going.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I think people are exagerating a bit on Cole. If you look at the first DD goal today, there's almost no chance that get scored if Cole isn't going to the net hard. He's not as good as last year but that was expectable. He's not a detriment to the team either. Patience.

Edit : Also, it was predictable that a 35 year old who hasn't played in 8 months would take more time than others to get going.

Definitely. As long as he's still going hard to the net and being generally tiring to deal with, he's on the right track. Timing and rhythm should come back a bit, and he's still someone that has to be accounted for in front by defenses.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
If you wanna start a thread bashing him you might wanna at least make the effort of spelling his first name right. That is one of my biggest pet peeve on this board, especially when it's people mispelling Gorges' name. It's not Georges, Gorgeous, Jorges, Gorge, IT'S GORGES! HE'S BEEN WITH THE TEAM SINCE 2007 FFS & IT'S NOT LIKE HIS NAME IS MARIUSZ CZERKAWSKI!

Signed by a Hab fan tired of seeing his favorite player's name being massacred

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
The title made me chuckle. I think Cole will get it going... every player goes through tough times but Cole has too much drive and things will start going his way

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Cole had a career year last season. Not sure you should expect the same type of performance.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

He might be physically playing, but in his mind I think he's already retired.

I'm worried about his performances on the ice... especially the last 2 games.

He is nothing like the Eric Cole of last year.

Now I know what you'll say... he's a slow starter.

While true, he's never been bad in his slow starts.

I can easily say he is our worst player on the ice over the last couple games.

Kaberle and Whyte aside.

What do you guys think?

not a chance...he was a habs fan growing up...he knows what it means to play for this team...lets face it.. i doubt we're gonna see the erik cole we did last year, but if we get into the playoffs that's the stage he needs to perform like a boss. he;s a vet...he;s the perfect kind of piece to have in the post season....you;ll see....he'll impress come may.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
Cole's greatest asset is his speed, which is lacking right now. Maybe he had trouble motivating himself to work out hard during the lockout, and now he's a step behind. Within a couple weeks he should be back to form.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Could someone please point out how many games it took Erik Cole to score a goal last season? People need to read it over and over and over...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad