Votes: 54 17.0%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.4%

• Total voters

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We’re adding Dach, Hutson, maybe Monahan again… Monty and Primeau more established, Slaf and the top line for a full season. If we aren’t pushing for a playoff spot I’ll be very disappointed.
Jumping 11 spots is a lot to ask for….they’ll compete for a bit but should be tailing off come trade deadline…

Picking 10-13 next season would be an enormous jump and bodes well for the 25’ off season. Demidov/Lindstrom/Iginla should be close to being ready for a permanent spot with the big club, we’ll be free of Armia’s, Savard’s, Dvorak’s contracts and Edmunson’s and Allen’s salary retention.

Sets us up beautifully to go UFA hunting to round up the top 6….now you can dream about making the playoffs.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Imagine Robidas stress level, no brainer easy pick

Yall sleeping on my boy Dickinson

I'm a fan as well. We'll see what the Habs scouts think. There is a case to be made for a lot of these players in the top 15. Hopefully the Habs scouting department are head over heels in love with whoever they pick. The good news is that us fans only have 7 weeks to think about it...

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
I'm not sure..

I liked Zetterberg at the U18s before he got hurt.
Freij and Sahlin Wallenius likely go in round 1 so not them.
Lucas Pettersson had some moments but the skill looks lesser than the frame and skating.
Noel Fransen gets no love from public scouting lists but he's got a lot of talent.

Karl Sterner?
Hugo Traff?

Anaheim wants right shot D or right shot forwards.. but if that scenario plays out, it's almost assured the Habs would just take Levshunov. They didn't rule out a right shot D and staring at the best D man in the draft who shoots right at 5 would be a god-send.

Guhle-Levshunov
Hutson-Reinbacher

Done.
They would need to make a big trade for top six forward at the same time otherwise they be crucified.

Apr 28, 2010
Imagine Robidas stress level, no brainer easy pick

Yall sleeping on my boy Dickinson

Noone's sleeping on him. But that's the draft, guaranteed we will be missing out on a lot of good players. Just gotta make sure the one we drafted are going to fit in with our team.

With that said, Dickinson is not my choice. Not at 5th OA. A top 6 forward should be the number one priority, imo.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Noone's sleeping on him. But that's the draft, guaranteed we will be missing out on a lot of good players. Just gotta make sure the one we drafted are going to fit in with our team.

With that said, Dickinson is not my choice. Not at 5th OA. A top 6 forward should be the number one priority, imo.
When the GM repeatedly says that they 99 percent won’t take a left D, I’m not sure what advocating for Sam Dickinson accomplishes. But whatever floats his boat, I guess.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They would need to make a big trade for top six forward at the same time otherwise they be crucified.

I think most people would be fine with Levshunov at 5, it's not gonna happen though. He will be gone top 3, if Chicago doesn't take him then Anaheim will.

Most people know if Lindstrom and Demidov is gone when we pick that things get sticky.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's not outside the realm of possibility that picks #2-4 are all defencemen. Levshunov, Silayev and then Columbus could even take one. It's not a foregone conclusion they take a forward like it is for the Habs. CBJ doesn't even have a GM yet, whoever it is might come in looking to make a solid, safe "job preservation" type pick and I'd argue that is a defenceman like Dickinson or Buium.

Reactions: jaffy27

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I think most people would be fine with Levshunov at 5, it's not gonna happen though. He will be gone top 3, if Chicago doesn't take him then Anaheim will.

Most people know if Lindstrom and Demidov is gone when we pick that things get sticky.
that is a huge D man. can skate well too I read

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The odds that 3 teams pass on him are way closer to 0 than 10%

I strongly disagree as I can very easily see three of Levshunov, Silayev, Dickinson, Buium, Parekh and Lindstrom being selected before Demidov. I think Anaheim and Chicago are taking dmen and Columbus might very well take Lindstrom over Demidov. Columbus is a good bet to take him but I would put those odds much closer to 50/50 than to over 95% as you are suggesting.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's not outside the realm of possibility that picks #2-4 are all defencemen. Levshunov, Silayev and then Columbus could even take one. It's not a foregone conclusion they take a forward like it is for the Habs. CBJ doesn't even have a GM yet, whoever it is might come in looking to make a solid, safe "job preservation" type pick and I'd argue that is a defenceman like Dickinson or Buium.
Add Buium, Dickinson…..

The fact that Demidov AND Lindstrom both were injured this year bodes well for us as you’d think a team picking 2-3 or 4 would shy away from the 2 forwards if they were on the fence between them and the 5 super talented D (Silayev, Dickerson, Buium, Levshunov, Parekh)

Reactions: Riggins

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Add Buium, Dickinson…..

The fact that Demidov AND Lindstrom both were injured this year bodes well for us as you’d think a team picking 2-3 or 4 would shy away from the 2 forwards if they were on the fence between them and the 5 super talented D (Silayev, Dickerson, Buium, Levshunov, Parekh)
All depends on how much separation there might be between these players on each team’s rankings. If they’re all perceived as being in the same tier, some D might go off first.

I don’t think the injury antecedents will affect Lindstrom. He’s training now, can show how healthy he is at the combine and is providing his medicals. Not sure about Demidov, will he even be at the combine?

Hopefully, 2 of the 2-4 ranked teams pick a D and we’re in business.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I strongly disagree as I can very easily see three of Levshunov, Silayev, Dickinson, Buium, Parekh and Lindstrom being selected before Demidov. I think Anaheim and Chicago are taking dmen and Columbus might very well take Lindstrom over Demidov. Columbus is a good bet to take him but I would put those odds much closer to 50/50 than to over 95% as you are suggesting.
I think this is a Dman heavy top of the draft, this kind of reminds me of how D heavy 2008 was tbh. That said, I still can't see a scenario where 3 teams pass on Demidov, this ain't a redo of Michkov

Demidov has the heart and the attitude, the two biggest knocks against Michkov, he's also got elite offensive talent, perhaps the most talented forward this year overall.

Let's say Chicago passes because of their soft core, Anaheim is next and their top 6 has Carlsson, McTavish and an incoming Cutter Gauthier. That's enough to have Demidov run circles around the opposition and be protected.

But hey, let's say Anaheim opts for an RD assuming Chicago didn't go Levshunov which is a long shot if they pass on Demidov btw

Then there's Colombus, a team in a disastrous situation that's stuck with two players barely trying in Laine and Gaudreau. Clearly they'd love to move on and find ways to move both, probably yesterday.

They clearly can't and have a potential number one C in Fantilli, now let's bring in a Demidov to play with Fantilli. Right here and there, I'm sold, it just doesn't get better. This is like adding Kucherov to Stamkos.

So yes Colombus might opt for Silyaev but odds are they're rumored to be into the big Dman because they think Demidov goes at 2 or 3. If he's there at 4, I'd expect a quick pass on Silyaev

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
When the GM repeatedly says that they 99 percent won’t take a left D, I’m not sure what advocating for Sam Dickinson accomplishes. But whatever floats his boat, I guess.
What is wrong with touting an obviously talented player that Habs likely have a chance to draft?

If a poster is convinced Dickinson is BPA at 5, that’s not lunacy. Dickinson might have a better career than any of Habs’ current LD.

Have too many? Ya make a move or two.

I understand Hughes has said ‘no LD’ at 5, but I am failing to understand any need to say that whatsoever.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
It accomplishes that he says he likes the player. I do to. What Habs management thinks/says should not have any bearing on who you like as a prospect

And if in 5 years HF Habs favorites like Lindstrom or Sennecke become another Josh Anderson or Logan Brown and Sam Dickinson becomes a left shot Shea Weber with another team, he'll be able to say he liked Dickinson a lot at the time.

I don't think anybody "advocates" for a pick here. There is nobody to convince. This an internet forum about hockey prospects. Martin Lapointe doesn't care that you think Sennecke is worthy of #5 or #20 lol

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
All depends on how much separation there might be between these players on each team’s rankings. If they’re all perceived as being in the same tier, some D might go off first.

I don’t think the injury antecedents will affect Lindstrom. He’s training now, can show how healthy he is at the combine and is providing his medicals. Not sure about Demidov, will he even be at the combine?

Hopefully, 2 of the 2-4 ranked teams pick a D and we’re in business.
Yes….I’m really hoping for this too, gotta think Chicago looking for a general on the blue line and Buium fits the bill….then Anaheim is sort of loaded with young guys at forward so D (Levshunov) makes sense….

Could be wishful thinking on my part too lol

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad