Has anyone heard what’s up with Toews?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
So let me get this straight. Toews publicly voices his displeasure with managements direction for rebuild and not 2-3 months later he has a “mysterious” illness for which there has been absolutely no diagnosis for, just some random jargon from toews himself how he’s lethargic and lacks energy. Give me a god damn break. It sounds more like a sulking overpaid past his prime player who is being defiant. He even explicitly says he doesn’t want to be part of a rebuild. Add it up folks. It’s not hard to connect the dots.

Well i mean regardless of he has a disease or not, let's just say he doesn't (i have no idea). This is what the situation looked like in the off-season:

- His long time partner broke up with him and moved on
- Team looked like it had some positive stuff to build on instead the management sends a message to rebuild after 3 years of not much success
- Season was going to be played with covid restrictions & and no fans

Yeah i could see why a multi-cup champ would say f*** it im not doing this shit.

I can respect his decision and anyone else's who might've done the same.

TopShelfYzerman

Gm 7 Double OT
Jan 3, 2011
USA
www.youtube.com
This thread (and every Toews discussion on here) is embarrassing. Bunch of nobodies questioning the health of someone they don't even know because they don't like a sports team. Pathetic. Yeah, he faked an illness because he was mad about the direction of the franchise. Morons.

Oh no! were talking about a sports player making millions and captain of a chicago team. Which im sure 9/10 ppl here would trade places with.....

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This thread (and every Toews discussion on here) is embarrassing. Bunch of nobodies questioning the health of someone they don't even know because they don't like a sports team. Pathetic. Yeah, he faked an illness because he was mad about the direction of the franchise. Morons.
I seem to remember some people casting aspersions about another Hawk player years ago. Guess they felt kind of silly questioning his work ethic and character when they found out that Bryan Bickell had MS.

Reactions: Pertti

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I personally feel he wanted a year off and a year like this was the type of year you do that with. He’s played some very hard hockey the way he plays and a rest was needed.

Reactions: RG3hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad