Has anyone heard what’s up with Toews?

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Lots of random rumors, no news. I don’t even think his team knows judging from a few days old article

some health thing causing lethargy or drained feeling, that’s as close as we know

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He looked pale and sickly in the video to Kane.

Very thin.

Rumours of things from post-Covid symptoms to Lymes disease to some unknown debilitating disease.

Don’t want to speculate, but it looks like his weight has plummeted. What the cause is, who knows?

Toews is a great player and seems like a pretty decent human being as well. Hopefully he makes a full recovery from whatever he’s going through.

generalshepherd141

Jun 12, 2017
America
Very thin.

Rumours of things from post-Covid symptoms to Lymes disease to some unknown debilitating disease.

Don’t want to speculate, but it looks like his weight has plummeted. What the cause is, who knows?

Toews is a great player and seems like a pretty decent human being as well. Hopefully he makes a full recovery from whatever he’s going through.
Agreed. It's scary to see him this pale. He deserves better.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Agreed. It's scary to see him this pale. He deserves better.

Again, I don’t want to speculate but how gaunt, pale, and thin he looks is mildly worrisome for the guy. He kind of had that heroin chic look to him like models from the 90s.

I’ve heard lots of rumours linking it to Lyme disease, which with his symptoms that would make sense. But again, that’s speculation and absolutely nothing verifying that. Frankly, he deserves his rights to privacy as well while he deals with whatever it is.

Hoping for nothing but the best for him. Guys is a gamer and extremely competitive, whatever he’s going through is obviously very serious and real life health concerns are more important than hockey.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Again, I don’t want to speculate but how gaunt, pale, and thin he looks is mildly worrisome for the guy. He kind of had that heroin chic look to him like models from the 90s.

I’ve heard lots of rumours linking it to Lyme disease, which with his symptoms that would make sense. But again, that’s speculation and absolutely nothing verifying that. Frankly, he deserves his rights to privacy as well while he deals with whatever it is.

Hoping for nothing but the best for him. Guys is a gamer and extremely competitive, whatever he’s going through is obviously very serious and real life health concerns are more important than hockey.
As someone with a chronic illness, everyone always thinks it's Lyme.

I know you mean well, but it's not worth even putting it out there, because it just feeds the rumour mill. Someone will read your posts and pass it along as factual.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I hope he’s well and recovers from whatever it is, but he looks normal in the video. If anything as others have said it’s probably lighting or a tint issue with his phone. He doesn’t look pale or particularly gaunt.

Reactions: Zzzzz and JimmyH

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
I hope he’s well and recovers from whatever it is, but he looks normal in the video. If anything as others have said it’s probably lighting or a tint issue with his phone. He doesn’t look pale or particularly gaunt.

Yeah, it is some unfortunate thing with the lightning IMO, kind of makes his eyebrows vague which always makes one look off.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
He's not actually here to tell us he's a vegan
Have you seen always sunny in Philadelphia?

glenn howerton (Dennis) became vegan like halfway or 2/3 through the show... people who didn’t know about veganism thought he’d developed some illness or an addiction because of how his face looked different than before. More lean

People can give super lean (which is part of why some people do it)

Also looked up some pictures of Toews on the ice, he basically already had a thin face, those cheekbones sitting over/beyond his cheeks

He could be really sick regardless, but he might not have lost that much weight (and if he did could be for other reasons, not being active because he’s tired) and I agree with the above poster that the lighting is to a degree responsible for the paleness. Plus if he’s not being active + covid being around, it could be as simple that he’s not gone outside and tanned as much as he normally might for about a year now

Reactions: NeverBeNormal

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
As someone with a chronic illness, everyone always thinks it's Lyme.

I know you mean well, but it's not worth even putting it out there, because it just feeds the rumour mill. Someone will read your posts and pass it along as factual.
Agreed.

Lyme disease has become the catch all for mysterious illnesses. It's hard to definitely prove so it seems to be a diagnoses made by "we don't know what else it is?"

Whatever it is, I hope they figure it out and he's on the road to recovery.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
13 replies and still not a single mention of Toews being a vegan?
Why is it worth mention?

The guy's entire hockey career has been put on hold. You don't think they've taken a close look at the impact of his diet?

Chara and Athanasiou are also apparently vegan and somehow managed to play in the NHL.

Reactions: shello and Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad