Speculation: Has Adam Oates Been Fired Yet???? How about now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Right. People here are saying nothing will be done for two weeks. That's not the same thing. Nor is it necessarily a "gag order" as some have claimed. GMGM by mutual agreement just may be refusing to talk to the press until the next meeting, whenever that is, with the latest planned deadline being 2 weeks out.

I heard through the grapevine that everything is now set to go.

Ted will be announce shortly that GMGM has been extended for another 2 years (with a 2 year team option), and he and George feel that, despite the anomaly of this past season, Adam has the team on the right track.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Yikes. If true I blame the players comments, and more specifically, Ted listening to them.

But my people are telling me Wiz fans should bring Fire George Placards to the next home game just to keep up the pressure.

WcRoenick97

Apr 6, 2008
D.C.
This team will never win a cup under GMGM. Last season was the most checked out Ive ever been for the Caps. Even in the rebuilding years we had something to look forward to. This team is stuck in mud and isn't going anywhere until changes are made. LOL at anyone thinking things will turn around with McPhee in charge. You have over 15 years of evidence already.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I heard through the grapevine that everything is now set to go.

Ted will be announce shortly that GMGM has been extended for another 2 years (with a 2 year team option), and he and George feel that, despite the anomaly of this past season, Adam has the team on the right track.

Hope this is a joke but nothing would surprise me. It seems obvious to us that it isn't working, but I had coin flip odds that nothing would get done. I don't think that's changed.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@Hope_Smoke: Friedman "in Wsh, it's weird. It's been 2 weeks now and we all kind expected something and we haven't gotten anything"

@Hope_Smoke: Friedman "I wonder if something happened in Wsh that made them think: ok, we're not sure what we're doing right now"

@Hope_Smoke: Friedman "I think that when you have people there, & they have to worry about their future, let them know this is what we're thinking"

@Hope_Smoke: Friedman "don't let these guys twist in the wind. I think there are a couple of situations now where guys are twisting in the wind"

@Hope_Smoke: Friedman "I don't think that's fair. If you're not certain, then I think you should make the decision and let them move on"

****ing amateurs.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
tumblr_lrlinuX7VB1qg6v9wo1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad