Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Maine Mariners Thread: Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
PPG for Gettinger. He was near the corner behind the net and tried a centering pass that hit the defender and caromed in

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
PPG for Ronning. Collected a pass circled around the top of the right circle then fired a wrister through a great screen by Thompson.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
2-0 Pack after 1. Shots 13-3 pack. I had trouble with AHL TV so couldn't follow much of the play.

nyr2k2 any sense for how Skinner did?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Shots were like 14 or 15 to 3 for Hartford. Good period. Wasn't as lopsided as the shots indicate as Bridgeport had some chances that didn't end up with a SOG but went wide, hit a body, etc.

Skinner was out there a bit, didn't really do anything noticeable either way.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
2-0 Pack after 1. Shots 13-3 pack. I had trouble with AHL TV so couldn't follow much of the play.

nyr2k2 any sense for how Skinner did?
I saw him a couple times but it was just moving the puck around with simple passes. There wasn't a whole lot of play in our end so it was tough to say much about what he did defensively.

Barron is a C again today for anyone interested.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Huska in goal. Skinner playing. O'Leary in for Khodorenko. Cuylle scratched again. Brodzinski also out.
Corey Schneider in goal for Bridgeport.

my best quick effort re full list of scratches:
F's: Fontaine, Brodzynski, Khodorenko, Cuylle, Dmowski
D: Taylor, Berzola, Crawley
G: Brassard
off-roster
... Elmer (ECHL), McBride (unknown status)

Reactions: Ranger Ric

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
the PP giveth, and the PK giveth away, ,
2-2, all goals on PP

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I saw him a couple times but it was just moving the puck around with simple passes. There wasn't a whole lot of play in our end so it was tough to say much about what he did defensively.

Barron is a C again today for anyone interested.
I'm very interested. Hopefully he can replace Howden sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
5-2 Pack after 2. Shots 20-10. All goals on power-lay except Ronning writer for the dot. Reuschhoff and Barron also scored PP goals. Reuschhoff picks up a rebound and backhands it in. Newell shot blocked and goes right to Barron who swipes it in. Barron has a really good shot.

Skinner playing with Loverde. He got a secondary assist on the Ronning goal. Playing very simple game.

Reuschhoff taking face offs and seems to be winning most of them.

My question for anyone who watched the Pack the last two years, is Ronning really this much better or did he not get much of a chance? It's hard to believe he couldn't crack the lineup last year given how he has played this year.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Yesterday the Ontario Premier announced a four week shutdown of the province because of a coronavirus surge. It's hard to believe the OHL will get any games in this year. If Cuylle is not hurt he needs to be playing. And it would be nice to get Evan Vierling into some games somewhere.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
5-2 Pack after 2. Shots 20-10. All goals on power-lay except Ronning writer for the dot. Reuschhoff and Barron also scored PP goals. Reuschhoff picks up a rebound and backhands it in. Newell shot blocked and goes right to Barron who swipes it in. Barron has a really good shot.

Skinner playing with Loverde. He got a secondary assist on the Ronning goal. Playing very simple game.

Reuschhoff taking face offs and seems to be winning most of them.

My question for anyone who watched the Pack the last two years, is Ronning really this much better or did he not get much of a chance? It's hard to believe he couldn't crack the lineup last year given how he has played this year.
Re: Ronning, he's shooting 33% which is silly, but the fact that he even has 18 shots in 7 games is an improvement. He's much more involved. He's also creating chances for others, as I mentioned the play in the first where he set up Gettinger for a chance that a better player probably converts. He's doing more when he's out there but also featuring far more prominently than he ever did in the past.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
5-2 final. uneventful third period. three in a row for the Pack. Seven more games against Bridgeport, which is not very good.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
So the question I was trying to get at was is the reason for the improvement was that he wasn't given the chance or is he playing that much better?

He's not going to continue to shoot at 33% although none of his goals have been of the Tim Gettinger try to make a pass and have it go in off the defensemen variety. But as you note his overall game has been very good. I don't have answer but it is mystifying to me.

Re: Ronning, he's shooting 33% which is silly, but the fact that he even has 18 shots in 7 games is an improvement. He's much more involved. He's also creating chances for others, as I mentioned the play in the first where he set up Gettinger for a chance that a better player probably converts. He's doing more when he's out there but also featuring far more prominently than he ever did in the past.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So the question I was trying to get at was is the reason for the improvement was that he wasn't given the chance or is he playing that much better?

He's not going to continue to shoot at 33% although none of his goals have been of the Tim Gettinger try to make a pass and have it go in off the defensemen variety. But as you note his overall game has been very good. I don't have answer but it is mystifying to me.
I think he has improved. He looks more confident with the puck on his stick. He used to wait for the puck to find him, rather than proactively pushing the play. He'd hover around in the neutral zone or up ice and wait for a pass. He's more involved. I think the coaches trust him more now that he is willing to play something at least resembling a 200-foot game so he's getting more TOI.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
6 goals and 9 points for Ronning in 7 games. Hopefully he can keep it up because he is a very likable player. It’s like a light switch went on. I could see giving him another contract if he can keep this up.

Barron’s taken to pro hockey pretty well too. You always wonder how a player is going to make that jump to the pros. Barron’s made it look easy.

The thing with Reunanen I’m wondering about is how’s his defending. The offense seems to be there but he has the worst +/- of the defense corps.

Wall’s struggled early and it looks like Huska’s claimed the No. 1.

As for others Reuschoff and Richards seem to be doing well enough and I’m happy to see Skinner with the team. Cuylle hasn’t been playing lately.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
6 goals and 9 points for Ronning in 7 games. Hopefully he can keep it up because he is a very likable player. It’s like a light switch went on. I could see giving him another contract if he can keep this up.

Barron’s taken to pro hockey pretty well too. You always wonder how a player is going to make that jump to the pros. Barron’s made it look easy.

The thing with Reunanen I’m wondering about is how’s his defending. The offense seems to be there but he has the worst +/- of the defense corps.

As for others Reuschoff and Richards seem to be doing well enough and I’m happy to see Skinner with the team. Cuylle hasn’t been playing lately.
Why hasnt Cuylle been playing?

Is Ronning showing enough to get a look over PDG?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Why hasnt Cuylle been playing?

Is Ronning showing enough to get a look over PDG?

I don't know on Cuylle. Maybe he's injured?

Regarding Ronning, I don't think there's any chance he gets a callup this year. He's 23 and this is his first year as an AHL regular. They aren't going to call him up based on a 7 game sample size. Much more likely, they let him play out the entire year in Hartford and if he continues to do well, maybe they re-sign him and see how he looks in camp next year.

Reactions: Ranger Ric and RGY

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Several questions asked about Ronning. I agree with GagLine that he is not going to get called up this year. Particularly given the glut of forwards on the Rangers.

I think the question about him is whether the Rangers were going to qualify him at the end of his contract this year. At the beginning of the year the answer was clearly no. But now I think he has passed the other 3 RFA forwards, Fontaine, who always is injured, Gettinger, whose only attribute is that he is big but then doesn't use his size, and Newell who is OK but not much more and already is 25. It's not just Ronning's points. He is very visible in every game in a positive way.

My opinion on Reunanen has dropped a little over the season but I would ignore the +/- rating. In most of the games the Wolfpack lost, the team pulled the goalie and then gave up an empty net goal. Reunanen is always on in this situation. It's possible the Pack have given up 4-5 empty net goals that would make a big change in his +/- rating. And Wall had a rough first couple of games letting in some goals I think he would want back that added to the - for players on the ice. But Reunanen doesn't play any PK that may suggest the coaches don't trust him and he has made some defensive mistakes. If he makes the Rangers it is not going to be that he is a dominant defensive player.

Huska has won 3 straight. The team has played much better the last three games leading to fewer quality opportunities and Huska has not let in any easy goals. So I would expect Huska again on Wednesday. After that the Pack have 3 games in a week so Wall might get another chance.

There has been no information on Cuylle. It would be a mistake if he has been a healthy scratch.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad