Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Maine Mariners Thread: Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Lemieux and Howden are terrible. They really are. And the fourth line is getting scored on. More lately than ever. There’s gotta be an upgrade there. DiGiuseppe will give you smart mins I like Rooney too but Howden and Lemieux and even Blackwell shouldn’t be playing nhl hockey on a regular basis

Lemmy is playing way to cautious for him to be effective. I understand they don’t want him taking penalties, but he is only good when he plays on edge. Howden I’m with you

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I think the biggest reason Barron isn’t up yet is cap space with bonus overages. Hopefully after the deadline we can add him

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Lemieux and Howden are terrible. They really are. And the fourth line is getting scored on. More lately than ever. There’s gotta be an upgrade there. DiGiuseppe will give you smart mins I like Rooney too but Howden and Lemieux and even Blackwell shouldn’t be playing nhl hockey on a regular basis
Agreed. Barron absolutely should replace Lemieux moving forward, but I'd keep him in Hartford until their season is over. I love that he's been good both at C and LW too

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
Great to see Barron starting his pro career off very well. No need to rush him up, let him develop down there for the season, wouldn't object to a cup of coffee at the end though for a few games in the big league.

Yo man, is the correction over? Waiting for ether to take that leap everyone has been talking about.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Probably best Packperiod this year. 3-0 after 1. Pack outshooting Bruins 16-5. Some of the shooting is because of power plays but Pack also good 5-5.

Pack get an early PP. Reuschhoff gets puck behind the net and defensive player can't get it so he trips Reuschhoff. Pack do not score on 5-3 but on 5-4 Pack put excellent pressure down low and off a Thompson shot Sanchez finds the puck and puts it in for his first pro goal. Then another power play with Reunanen making great play, faking a snapshot with the defensive player going down and taking himself out of play. Reunanen makes behind the back pass to an open Greco who takes a hard shot that is stopped but lays on the goal line with Barron tapping it in. Later on 5-5, Getting is tripped as he is breaking in 1-2 drawing a penalty but Ronning picks up the puck and sends a backhander into the net. Fourth goal in five games for Ronning. He has scored on a slap shot, high slot tip, rebound and backhander. The penalties certainly tipped the ice in the Packs' favor but they played well 5-5 letting few chances. Huska may have had one tough stop. Everyone looked good. But there's 2 more periods so we'll see.
Anybody think ronning needed time to mature and is now better because of it?

Reactions: egelband

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Barron has 7 goals in what 10 games?

that release is top notch. I for one thought he’d be nhl ready I’ve watched the games I’ve liked him most nights think he’d better than at minimum Lemieux Howden DiGiuseppe Blackwell but I understand the cap and I understand getting him mins so we’ll see how he continues here. Doubt he’s going to get nhl games with this many guys here
Do you think he makes anybody on the big club expendable yet?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Do you think he makes anybody on the big club expendable yet?

I think he’s better than a bunch of guys that I mentioned above but I get the reasoning of getting him mins in Hartford right now. But again he’s another top 9 winger maybe center and we’ve got to move guys out.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I think he’s better than a bunch of guys that I mentioned above but I get the reasoning of getting him mins in Hartford right now. But again he’s another top 9 winger maybe center and we’ve got to move guys out.
If the Rangers were out of the playoffs, then maybe they move somebody at the deadline and give him a few games to see how he’s progressed. With the main focus of the playoffs still within reach, doubt it happens.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Dude f***ing deserved it. I don't think he ever sees a second in the NHL but full props to get to the AHL..better than all of us could do haha
I don’t know. If all goes well I think he could be a solid 3rd pair guy. Probably not with this teams depth though

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
1-0 pack after 1. Pack score on power play with 2nd unit scoring. Reuschhoff gets puck to point where Raddysh blast goes in. Pack outshoot Bridgeport 11-7. Husks with several good saves keeping pack in game early.

Reactions: Leetch3

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Change of scoring on goal. Ronning passes to Raddysh. Reuschhoff was screening the goalie.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
3-1 Pack after 2. Pack outshooting Bridgeport 27-17. Video went out so I didn’t see two pack goals Reuschhoff on power play and Richards short handed. Bridgeport goal on dump-in where reunanen beaten to puck and Bridgeport winger comes in alone and scores. Not a good look for reunanan.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Pack win 5-2. Shots were Pack 37-22. Ronning second star. Gettinger somehow given first star. Pack now with 2 in a row.

At the start of the third period Bridgeport dumps the puck behind the net that Richards gets and gives away to Bridgeport player who comes out front and surprises Huska. Later in the period Gettinger and Ronning come in 2 on 2. Gettinger pass to Ronning and beats his man with Ronning giving him back the puck. Gettinger shot stopped but big rebound that Reunanen puts in. Late in the game it looked to me like Khodorenko passes to Thompson who shoots almost from the goal line and somehow scores. Initially ruled unassisted but I just checked on Khodorenko does get an assist.

Pack not as good as Thursday but still relatively solid.

Ty Ronning now with 6 points in 6 games. He's one of the best players on the team and playing better than Newell.

Next game is Friday. Sometime before then I'll put together a first half report.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Pack win 5-2. Shots were Pack 37-22. Ronning second star. Gettinger somehow given first star. Pack now with 2 in a row.

At the start of the third period Bridgeport dumps the puck behind the net that Richards gets and gives away to Bridgeport player who comes out front and surprises Huska. Later in the period Gettinger and Ronning come in 2 on 2. Gettinger pass to Ronning and beats his man with Ronning giving him back the puck. Gettinger shot stopped but big rebound that Reunanen puts in. Late in the game it looked to me like Khodorenko passes to Thompson who shoots almost from the goal line and somehow scores. Initially ruled unassisted but I just checked on Khodorenko does get an assist.

Pack not as good as Thursday but still relatively solid.

Ty Ronning now with 6 points in 6 games. He's one of the best players on the team and playing better than Newell.

Next game is Friday. Sometime before then I'll put together a first half report.
Anybody think ronning is worth looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->