Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Maine Mariners Thread: Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Pack lead 2-1 after 1. Garand gives up early goal on unscreened shot from top of the circle. But Garand came on strong and made several key saves including a shorthanded breakaway. On power play Geco at point passes down low to Gettinger who passes across the goal mouth to Barron who buries it. Nice pass by Gettinger. Later in period puck bounces out to Guittari who hits the post and then gets the rebounds and buries it. Goal unassisted. Bruins outshoot Pack 11-7.
No reason given for scratches. Huska is backup goalie.

thanks for the details, i am just following the gamesheet
Gamesheet: Providence at Hartford - Mar 2, 2021

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
2-2 after 2. Four penalties in period resulted in little flow. Bruins score on 3rd power play on tip in with Garand having no chance. Garand stopped two early Bruin chances. After letting in early easy one he has settled down. Reuschhoff a couple of good opportunities but otherwise pretty sleepy period. Shots 6-6.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Although outshooting Bruins 17-5 in the 3rd period Pack give up two third period goals and fall 4-2. The Pack had a terrific power play keeping pressure on for a minute with several good chances but unable to score. Later the Pack turn the puck over in their own zone, I think it was Gettinger, and the Bruins keep pressure on and finally take a point shot that has a high tip and goes through Garand. Later the Bruins get a power play goal when a shot is blocked and goes right to an uncovered Bruin. Pack has an extended 5-3 late in the period but could not score. Several shots but mostly low quality.

The Pack don't show much high quality offensive ability. Reunanen is only defenseman that is good with the puck, the Pack vets continue to provide little unless you like seeing Anthony Greco skate around the rink before he gives up the puck and the young kids show flashes but no consistency. If you were using the Gordie Clark test of wanting to see dominating play before moving to the next level then Hartford right now is not the place to go. Hopefully when Brodzinski gets back he can help the kids.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

Sounds like he has an NHL deal. I hope he is not someone they are considering calling up in emergency. He's not that good.

until we see otherwise,
i am assuming its just a way to reward a good soldier
during this pro-rated salary AHL season
but if he helps sweeten a trade ... 8^)

Reactions: Ranger Ric

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I believe you are correct. The last time I looked the Rangers only had 44 signed contracts. So the team has room to reward a good soldier. But there is no chance he plays with the Rangers.

until we see otherwise,
i am assuming its just a way to reward a good soldier
during this pro-rated salary AHL season
but if he helps sweeten a trade ... 8^)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Geertsen is like the fat Brendan Smith that got dumped to Hartford, except more immobile and he absorbs punches on a more regular basis.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
so Drury and KK and Murphy must like him,
another body eligible to Seattle

Reactions: nyr2k2

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
so Drury and KK and Murphy must like him,
another body eligible to Seattle
I mean, I suppose they could select him, but he doesn't meet the games requirement given that he's never sniffed the NHL.

This signing screams "AHL vet we like in the locker room" to me.

Though that being said, I did find this quote Vince posted last night kind of odd:

They already have plenty of guys at HFD who are taxi squad eligible, so they don't need other "options." Make him eligible to receive a bump in pay as a reward? Sure. But as an "option?"

As I say, I suspect it's just to reward him and have him around long term for the locker room, and when Vince asked about it, they just BSed the answer. (Or he misinterpreted it.)

Reactions: Mac n Gs

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I mean, I suppose they could select him, but he doesn't meet the games requirement...
... I suspect it's just to reward him and have him around long term for the locker room,...

yeah my Expansion draft comment was underplayed ironic, a hat-tip to the 2d year,
which seems so unneccessary to me, so must mean 23 and KK like having him around
agreed the main rationale most-likely to give him an occasional paper-assignment to Taxi, for some extra bucks (ie fewer bucks lost to pandemic reductions)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I mean, I suppose they could select him, but he doesn't meet the games requirement given that he's never sniffed the NHL.

Though that being said, I did find this quote Vince posted last night kind of odd:

They already have plenty of guys at HFD who are taxi squad eligible, so they don't need other "options." Make him eligible to receive a bump in pay as a reward? Sure. But as an "option?"

As I say, I suspect it's just to reward him and have him around long term for the locker room, and when Vince asked about it, they just BSed the answer. (Or he misinterpreted it.)

It definitely makes some sense to have a little bit more muscle at hand. We have been humiliated lately, that Boston game was ugly. Can’t have that.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i think is re having a 2d G, as Wall or Huska need join Taxi

altho they scratched so many F's last game, Geertsen had to play wing
... and earned an NHL deal ...

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
i think is re having a 2d G, as Wall or Huska need join Taxi

altho they scratched so many F's last game, Geertsen had to play wing
... and earned an NHL deal ...

its definitely about the goalie situation...you can play with less forwards if you want/need to

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

With NHL season starting so recently, this weekend, NCAA guys beginning signing after seasons/careers end, seems so soon

This guy played on the U18 team with Keller, Bellows, Fox, Lindgren, Frederic, Mittelstadt, Khodorenko, Oettinger, Yamamoto, etc. Then he went to Michigan for a couple years and I never heard about him again, I had no idea he transferred to ASU.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Yes. Two undistinguished years ag Michigan followed by one good year in the USHL and then lead a good Arizona State in scoring in 2019-2020. Arizona State had a bad season 7-16-3 and Sanchez scoring fell off but still second on the team in scoring. Looks interesting.
This guy played on the U18 team with Keller, Bellows, Fox, Lindgren, Frederic, Mittelstadt, Khodorenko, Oettinger, Yamamoto, etc. Then he went to Michigan for a couple years and I never heard about him again, I had no idea he transferred to ASU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad