Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Swamp Rabbits Thread *Part VI*

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hartford has won six straight to get back to within two points of a playoff spot. Let's see if they can continue. Still can't score with any regularity. Maybe we see Megna go back down which would help a bit.

Greenville sits seventh in the Eastern Conference. 4-4-2 in their last ten. Unlike Hartford, they can score a bit, but are terrible defensively. If Skapski can get back to form and go on a run, Greenville can move up the table.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Irishguy42 said:
Went to the game last night for my first AHL game. I was not prepared for the cannon that Graves has. Wowzers. Loudest goalpost ping I've ever heard.

Despite being outshot, I think they played pretty well last night. Lots of poking/blocking/etc. Good amount of the Devils shots were also from the outside, and one of their goals was pretty garbage, if you ask me. Huge blob in front of the net, and Hellberg fought off something like three shots from the same guy before be couldn't see the fourth and that one got in.

Bodie also has a nice slapper. Also agee that he felt we did better on ice than the shots suggest. Not a lot made it through on net is all. We were lucky to win that one, though. T
Skjei has so much poise with the puck, it's disgusting. He's definitely getting to the point where he's getting to be too good for the AHL.

Awesome.

Yeah, the Graves slapper is ridiculous and he looks to do it every night they play. Love the fact that's he's not bashful about developing it.

I agree that the game felt closer than shot totals suggest. The Jensen goal was total luck, though...but the Bourque deflection off Bodie's slapper was a thing of beauty.

Regarding Bodie, he's a quick, nifty skater. Not graceful like Skeij, but has busy skates for sure. Enjoy watching him. He looks borderline NHL material if it were not for his slight build. At 25 he will have a tough time going anywhere at this point...but that doesn't stop me from enjoying he way he plays.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Hartford has won six straight to get back to within two points of a playoff spot. Let's see if they can continue. Still can't score with any regularity. Maybe we see Megna go back down which would help a bit.

Greenville sits seventh in the Eastern Conference. 4-4-2 in their last ten. Unlike Hartford, they can score a bit, but are terrible defensively. If Skapski can get back to form and go on a run, Greenville can move up the table.

Yeah, they've been a fun watch. I'll be watching as many games as I can. It helps having a couple of D-men that should (knocks on the wood) make the big club, though.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Pack full of players now

Andersson & Diaz are apparently injured
Anyone else out?
Guess some guys will wind up in Charlotte

Left wing
Bourque
Lindblad
Tambellini
McCarthy
Tarnasky
Brown
Combs

Center
Megna
Adam
Hrivik
Nehring
Oleksuk

Right Wing
Gibbons
Jensen
Nicholls
O´Donell

Defense
Hughes
Skjei
Bodie
Graves
Summers
Curran
Diaz (injured)
Andersson (injured)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Pack full of players now

Andersson & Diaz are apparently injured
Anyone else out?
Guess some guys will wind up in Charlotte

Left wing
Bourque
Lindblad
Tambellini
McCarthy
Tarnasky
Brown
Combs

Center
Megna
Adam
Hrivik
Nehring
Oleksuk

Right Wing
Gibbons
Jensen
Nicholls
O´Donell

Defense
Hughes
Skjei
Bodie
Graves
Summers
Curran
Diaz (injured)
Andersson (injured)

O'Donnell hasn't played in long time but could just be a spare
Gibbons hasn't played since 2 fridays ago, likely injured
Lindblad got in just 1 game the last 2 weeks i think

i suspect Nicholls gets demoted, while Combs stays due to point production,
but team has been winnning with Nicholls,
and Combs was a scratch at least once on weekend

ADDED: I forgot AHL site did this

http://theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=4914
Lindblad 4 games Dec 11-18, then 4 games Jan 8-16, then out again

http://theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=5016
O'Donnell last game Dec 26

http://theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=4146
Gibbons last game Fri Jan 8

Last edited:

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
How does Jensen look on the wolf pack?

Nothing special to me. Not yet, anyway. His first goal was a beauty off a great pass from Hrivik. His second goal was a low velocity, lucky goal. Other than that that, I just haven't noticed him much on the ice. When I did notice him, he wasn't doing much. The book is still out on him, I guess.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Wolfpack is on fire. They won today 4-1. If they keep this up, we'll get Playoff hockey from them. :crossfing

Below is Ryan Graves' Assist & Goal. The Goal is done in typical Graves style. An absolute blast top right corner. The guy is getting ridiculous with his slapshots. :nod:

Ryan Graves Assist & Goal 01/24/2016

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
another HWP win
another only 1 GA for Hellberg
http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1015303

Megna went into line-up, out came Nicholls
DIAZ was back in, for Curran

Hellberg this month and overall
http://theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=4681

attachment.php

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Everyone is eyeing Skjei to make the team, but Graves might be a dark horse. That kid keeps surprising everyone.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Graves with a hell of a game today. Goal, assist, good all around, named first star.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Wolfpack is on fire. They won today 4-1. If they keep this up, we'll get Playoff hockey from them. :crossfing

Below is Ryan Graves' Assist & Goal. The Goal is done in typical Graves style. An absolute blast top right corner. The guy is getting ridiculous with his slapshots. :nod:

Ryan Graves Assist & Goal 01/24/2016

Jensen with a nice garbage-picking goal in there too

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Strange, thought this thread was about players in the AHL, instead of one who never played there.

Agree. Just don't see how this or a shot against Girardi in the prospect thread discussion concerning Morrison contributes to the discussion.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Strange, thought this thread was about players in the AHL, instead of one who never played there.

Just a comparison to someone who is currently on the big club. I'm very happy with the progression of Graves in his first pro season. Between the highlights and Beacon's reports there's a lot to like.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Just a comparison to someone who is currently on the big club. I'm very happy with the progression of Graves in his first pro season. Between the highlights and Beacon's reports there's a lot to like.

Just want to throw in that Beacon had noted Graves' abilities well before he was on anyone's near-term radar. Beacon also had much to say about Hrivik last season. It's surprising that Hrivik has not gotten the call yet, because what Beacon had said about him matches my own eye test. He is all over the ice, decent speed, maniacal forechecker, etc... When I watch him play, I see a Dom Moore...without a doubt. He deserves a shot.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Graves and McIlrath both have huge ****ing cannons. Imagine them just bombing some from the point as a pairing? That'd be lethal. Screw it, if we don't get Yandle back, put those guys on their off-side for One-T's and just blast away with Kreider or someone standing in front of the goalie on the PP.

Graves' development is looking real good.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Just want to throw in that Beacon had noted Graves' abilities well before he was on anyone's near-term radar. Beacon also had much to say about Hrivik last season. It's surprising that Hrivik has not gotten the call yet, because what Beacon had said about him matches my own eye test. He is all over the ice, decent speed, maniacal forechecker, etc... When I watch him play, I see a Dom Moore...without a doubt. He deserves a shot.

Untrue, many of us were pumping his tires as early as last season, some even before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille