Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) / Maine Mariners (ECHL) 2018-19: Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Chytil has been garbage. What are you watching. There is a reason ADA doesn't play. For starters, he probably doesn't practice hard. Quinn's comments today hinted at that. Two, he can't stop anybody on defense. When he shows enough, I'm sure he'll play more. Shattenkirk was benched. Buchnevich who is no rookie at this point was benched. I'm pretty sure a Hayes benching is looming. This love affair for Chytil and DeAngelo is laughable.
Chytil has created chances al over the ice for his linemates... and DeAngelo is as good of a defensive defenseman as anyone else on the squad right now...

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
It's pointless arguing this. This board has posters that get these love affairs with players who either don't do anything or are lazy. Buchnevich, Chytil, DeAngelo. Before it was J.T. Miller. I don't care because Chytil will be in the minors soon where he belongs. Metric stats are for people who don't understand what they are watching when they view a player. Try looking at production. You are either productive in certain parts of the game that matter or you aren't. Like goals. Assists. Forcing turnovers. Faceoffs. Hits. Blocked shots. You know, the stuff that Chytil doesn't do at all at this moment.

One of the dumbest stats in hockey is time of possession. This team over the years should prove that. The countless amounts of time they have the puck, cycle forever and do absolutely nothing with the puck is mind boggling.

Reactions: CaptBagel

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Metric stats are for people who don't understand what they are watching when they view a player. Try looking at production. You are either productive in certain parts of the game that matter or you aren't. Like goals. Assists. Forcing turnovers. Faceoffs. Hits. Blocked shots. You know, the stuff that Chytil doesn't do at all at this moment.
This reads like you just want to put yourself over as smarter than everyone else in the room. Most people came to the realization long ago that there is more to the game of hockey than what goes on the score sheet. Some people take it too far and ignore normal stats in favor of only looking at metrics. Those people are wrong.

Then you have people like yourself who are wrong because they insist that metrics are nearly useless and that we should pretty much only consider production.

Why don't you consider the possibility that you can look at metrics AND traditional stats?

Is it a reluctance to admit that the way you've done things is flawed when it comes to player analysis?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's pointless arguing this. This board has posters that get these love affairs with players who either don't do anything or are lazy. Buchnevich, Chytil, DeAngelo. Before it was J.T. Miller. I don't care because Chytil will be in the minors soon where he belongs. Metric stats are for people who don't understand what they are watching when they view a player. Try looking at production. You are either productive in certain parts of the game that matter or you aren't. Like goals. Assists. Forcing turnovers. Faceoffs. Hits. Blocked shots. You know, the stuff that Chytil doesn't do at all at this moment.

One of the dumbest stats in hockey is time of possession. This team over the years should prove that. The countless amounts of time they have the puck, cycle forever and do absolutely nothing with the puck is mind boggling.

If you want to be condescending, two can play that game. Metric stats are for people who don't understand what they're watching when it comes to math and numbers. It boggles my mind how anti-intellectual some people are. Some people take metrics too far. But then there are others that refuse to learn anything new. Math is bad and for nerds! It's like High School in a sitcom here. The nerds and the jocks. Except in the real world, it's better to be a nerd, you'll go further.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Okaaaaaay... now back to the Hartford Wolfpack and Maine Mariners, thank you very much.
At 1-3, Maine is tied for 24th out of 27 teams. They're hemorrhaging goals just like Greenville last season, with 18 allowed. Also, whatever firm designed the ECHL site should be nuked. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

:)

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
At 1-3, Maine is tied for 24th out of 27 teams. They're hemorrhaging goals just like Greenville last season, with 18 allowed. Also, whatever firm designed the ECHL site should be nuked. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I approve of this message!

Reactions: Osminator

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Greenville/Maine - greatest show on ice

Reactions: nyr2k2

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Anyone else really weirded out that Devils farm team is Binghamton

I can tell you that Binghamton is still weirded out by it...

Absolutely hate it. Could stomach when Ottawa was here, knew some of the guys on the team. A handful actually, spent a couple nights out and about with those boys. They were good shit and could drink. Saw Zbad a couple of times when he was here live. Pro skill for sure.

Haven't even been to a Devils game. Was praying they would send the farm team back here but they will never leave Hartford despite how few tickets they sell. This is a unique hockey market and it has a big time following but the majority of fans here are Rangers fans. Because of location though there are Rangers, Sabers, Pens, Flyers, Devils, Isles (and because of the farm team) Ottawa with all strong fan bases here in that order.

I would have bought season tickets if the Rangers came back here.

Reactions: Avery16

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
If you want to be condescending, two can play that game. Metric stats are for people who don't understand what they're watching when it comes to math and numbers. It boggles my mind how anti-intellectual some people are. Some people take metrics too far. But then there are others that refuse to learn anything new. Math is bad and for nerds! It's like High School in a sitcom here. The nerds and the jocks. Except in the real world, it's better to be a nerd, you'll go further.
Jocks sell things that nerds develop, everyone’s a winner!

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
re: Chytil, I can't really quite tell if he's just on the cusp of breaking through and needs more games to do so, or if he needs some more AHL time to get his confidence and timing up. The good thing is that the Rangers certainly have options with the Pack to call up if they need to send him down.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
SOG are only 13-10 in favor of HFD, so it's not like they're just pummeling the Phantoms and getting nothing in.
Yea but after they pulled Tokarski and called a timeout the pack started to look a lot better overall. Stinks a lehigh player scored with like 30 seconds left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad