Post-Game Talk: Harry Potter vs. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, Caps @ Preds, 2/9/16, 8 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Barely got past a bad team. 1st line was horrible, Carlson was horrible, 2nd line was bad, 3rd line was awesome. Richards is at least great on the dot.
I think OV absolutely dove on that. For the puck that is. He started to stumble and I think he dove to try and tip the puck deep or toward the net.
Ovechkin didn't hesitate to fall, but was a legit trip.

Btw, what's the deal with the Kuznetsov profile pic on the damned nhl.com? They couldn't find a better one?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The hate for Forsberg in this thread is so pointless.

Hate Mcphee for trading him. Hate Erat for sucking. Don't hate Forsberg, that's just petulant.

I don't hate FF, and I'm sure he would've gone on to become a great Cap. Seeing him score against us brings back terrible memories. I absolutely hate GMGM.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Barely got past a bad team. 1st line was horrible, Carlson was horrible, 2nd line was bad, 3rd line was awesome. Richards is at least great on the dot.

Ovechkin didn't hesitate to fall, but was a legit trip.

Btw, what's the deal with the Kuznetsov profile pic on the damned nhl.com? They couldn't find a better one?

2nd line was good. They put on a cycling clinic, and JDub was excellent today.

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
Nice to see the Caps get their MoJo back!

I'm hoping Kuzy and MoJo get longer-term deals/extensions this summer - Backstrom/Kuznetsov/Johansson is amazing center depth!

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
The second line can score like hell but hew you get a two goal lead maybe you think about reducing their minutes because they also play the worst defense (and not because of Williams).

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
The second line can score like hell but hew you get a two goal lead maybe you think about reducing their minutes because they also play the worst defense (and not because of Williams).

Agreed.

Even with Nicky looking subpar (almost all season really), I thought top line played really well. They rarely get hemmed in our own zone, and even when they look like there is no chemistry between the forwards they still create solid chance.

But that 3rd line was top dog today. Absolutely no way in hell you replace Mojo with Beags there.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Question is can we afford him next season...his price is going up up up.

yeah, we should've signed him long term. it seems he was miscast his entire career. just needed his own line and little competition from the youngsters.

we were outworked badly tonight, but the 3rd line were excellent and Holtby was brilliant. the 2nd line showed signs of brilliance, especially in O zone (you can see their skill level is much higher than the opponents), but were meh on their own zone. 1st line was mostly invisible. 4th line was good, but was mostly outskilled. D was meh. And, of course, he-who-must-not-be-named has to score a couple against us. I mean, common, we know we mad a mistake, no need to reminder that constantly

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Kuznetsov: Di Maria
Backstrom: Modric
Ovi: Ronaldo
Oshie: Bale
Niskanen: Khedira
Orlov: Pepe
Williams: Alonso
Green: Ramos

The parallels scare me yet excite me.

LA DECIMA IS COMING

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

LA DECIMA IS COMING

Oshie and Bale. One is known for not being very mobile while the other runs like an Olympic sprinter.
Orlov and Pepe. Orlov is not a dirty player, don't insult him like that :laugh:
Green. Who TF is Green?

Also, "La Decima" implies that we've won 10 titles before. I think we should be gunning for "La Primera" instead ;)

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

LA DECIMA IS COMING

No offense, but it appears to me that you made most of these matches by picking out of a hat :)

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Oshie and Bale. One is known for not being very mobile while the other runs like an Olympic sprinter.
Orlov and Pepe. Orlov is not a dirty player, don't insult him like that :laugh:
Green. Who TF is Green?

Also, "La Decima" implies that we've won 10 titles before. I think we should be gunning for "La Primera" instead ;)

Bale is 11, Oshie is 77.

GOOD ENOUGH

Forsberg was our Benzema :(

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
No offense, but it appears to me that you made most of these matches by picking out of a hat :)

tumblr_inline_mjrw4tBprH1qz4rgp.jpg

washingtoncapitalsvnewyorkrangersmsa4n6bjg_nl.jpg

Brouwer was Higuain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad